Bones & Co

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Bones & Co

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
67%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
33%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 3

Lemming
Site Admin

Bones & Co

Post by Lemming »

ACD Page: Bones & Co

This was once the bar side of Greenhouse Effect coffeeshop.

Here's a pic of the coffeeshop and bar in their heyday:

Nuggz

Re: Bones & Co

Post by Nuggz »

A decent bar. Located directly across from Hill Street. Decor in smoking room is funky, though the room itself is a bit small so it can get smokey. The sofas when available are comfy enough. In the front room, you can vape (and vape only) which gives the place bonus points in my book, also they make a mean tosti.

unfortunately: they will be closing sometime in the extremely near future - the closure date was quoted as sometime in August, I believe even more specifically within the first half of the month. So this thread probably won't be helpful for too much longer...
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 31st Jul 2017 04:02 pm unfortunately: they will be closing sometime in the extremely near future - the closure date was quoted as sometime in August, I believe even more specifically within the first half of the month. So this thread probably won't be helpful for too much longer...
:? :x

By the way a very good idea to make that new section only for the smoker friendly bars. Keep it up! DLN :mrgreen:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Called bettys bar now ...a friend and a great lady ..always goes out of her way to make you feel at home,smoking still allowed ..😁👍
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Tokeing tom wrote: Wed 11th Jan 2023 10:27 am Called bettys bar now ...a friend and a great lady ..always goes out of her way to make you feel at home,smoking still allowed ..😁👍
Thanks for the info, Tom. Both the bar and hotel were called 55 last April. Do you know whether this is just a name change for the bar or has the whole business changed hands? Or have the bar and hotel separated?

I spent many pleasant evenings in this place when it was Greenhouse Effect Bar, a long time ago.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Its called Bettys bar "new sticker in window" Betty has been there for few years while it was still called Bones and Co. The hotel is still called Hotel bar 55 but betty was telling me that the building has been sold and from 1st jan is under new ownership ..they have plans to do up the hotel starting at the top and working down ,betty hopes the bar and ablity to smoke there will stay the same ,ill report back as changes are made