Stone's Café

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Stone's Café

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
20%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
40%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
20%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
20%

Total votes: 5

Lemming
Site Admin

Stone's Café

Post by Lemming »

ACD Page: Stone's Café

MJ420

Re: Stone's Café

Post by MJ420 »

I love sitting in the window seat. Staff is friendly and the breakfast is good.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Closed for six months :crazy:

Foundations are fucked, whole place has had the guts ripped out of it. Bar, bogs, the lot - all gone :shock:
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
macky

Post by macky »

free_phil_spector wrote: Sun 8th Oct 2017 09:50 pm Closed for six months :crazy:

Foundations are fucked, whole place has had the guts ripped out of it. Bar, bogs, the lot - all gone :shock:
Shoe store is my guess :D
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

loved this place. many good memories. always got a kick out of the door guy
Amsterdam dreaming.............
free_phil_spector

A twist in the tale - they have now opened a new venue just across the street instead. Not been inside but from passing it appears they have recreated the same vibe, only even louder. If that's possible. Anyhoo, at least they're still kicking against the pricks. Good on 'em :thumbup: 8)
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
dlw

Post by dlw »

Don't like waitress service..she expects tip for everyorder. Amsterdam is expensive enough. Remember this from that other dump La Canna...which is shut now.thank god...better smoker friendly bars around...avoid
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Only go here as a regrettable late-night bar stop type place. Vibe is that of a sleazy, 420-friendly, touristy nightclub.

The door bouncers always rattle their coin-laden fists at you trying forcefully prod a tip out of you every time you exit, annoying as fuck!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

We've always made a stop in Stone's for the breakfast once per trip. never been during club hours. but the bald door guy is always on the ace, get a kick out of him. the irish breakfast and the danny sandwich hit the spot. great little breaky place, will be back again soon

Amsterdam dreaming.............
free_phil_spector

Against all odds, it has reopened. I only looked in from outside but it seems to be pretty much the same layout as before, minus the pool table.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

free_phil_spector wrote: Wed 31st Oct 2018 05:12 pm Against all odds, it has reopened. I only looked in from outside but it seems to be pretty much the same layout as before, minus the pool table.
Wait, I'm now confused.

Which is the original the one that is one the same side of the street as Hillstreet? Or the other?

Based on the context of your post history in this thread, I'm guessing the latter is the original? Which I didn't realize because by the time I had the misfortune of discovering said bar(s) only the one on the Hillstreet side was open.
blazed&based

Post by blazed&based »

I believe I watched the ManU-Derby County FA cup match on January 5th 2018 there.
My friends payed like 7€ for a beer as far as I can recall (I try to stay away from alcohol, really brings out the worst in me).
huang

Post by huang »

I especially like this place, it’s a pity, a lot of memories.
Gods determine what you're going to be.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

€3.5 for a sparkling water and the music was way too loud. Defo a place for boozers as opposed to smokers.

They do have those phone charging little lockers though, was able to put my phone charging in one for a few hours and go off about my business. For only €1 it's well worth it rather than sitting beside your phone somewhere (assuming you find a plug) waiting for it to charge.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Liam42

Post by Liam42 »

Review from dec 22
Not entirely sure which Stones we were in first, but it closed at 3(friday), then everyone went to Kings Cross(i made a topic for it). It was fine, not my cup of tea but we wanted to stay out as late as possible the last night. Drinks(cider 330ml bottle, very tasty, 2 flavours) were about 5euro. At the second Stones(we were arriving 4am) there was a queue of younger folk and the bouncer basically said he wanted a bride or we weren't getting in. We gave him 15euro(total not each) and got in. Its been alluded to in other threads about the availability of something other than booze. Pretty sure it was this place, but for sure either stones or kings cross there was a guy openly giving out large sized kids party items if ye get what i mean. Like massive black ones. Not something i've ever seen before(ive not been going to nightclubs since 2010ish), nor do i wanna try it, but those involved weren't causing any hassle, it didn't wreck the vibe. I felt more comfortable around that than i do around coke-users. One thing id say was the last closing Stones(5am that night) DJ played a lot of 70/80s remixes. Was better for us grey-hairs, haha. It's a place for young folk really, but f ya have an early morning flight staying here until 4/5 then heading off could save the price of a night in your hotel.
be lucky