Jamaican/Sess

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
True Playa

Jamaican/Sess

Post by True Playa »

Having recently had my eyes opened (or narrowed if you wanna be pedantic) to the joys of a ceiling-less high with no paranoia, i am now keen to try some of the natural weeds available in the 'dam.

I had some sess given to me at the weekend by a friend who's boyfriend has jamaican links, i was very skeptical at first but the high and taste were both really good.

Can anyone reccomend anything other than Katsu's super Jamaican?

bigs

Post by bigs »

this really confuses me.
All 'Jamaican' in dam is either cheap thai, or just compressed weed.

A few years ago in the UK, I had some cess, which was like twice the price of good hydro weed, and was sooo strong.

when you ask for 'cess' most people dont have a clue what your talking about!
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Hmm. I've never heard of "cess" before. Urban Dictionary's definition would have me keep away from this type of herb. A good Jamaican herb could be Lamb's Bread or Breath.
Simon

Post by Simon »

i had some really good jamaican weed from a cs in arnhem some years ago. i went to cs anyday on monday because their jamaican high grade was recommended in a trip report, but when i went there it was very bad looking and the smell was not nice at all... sometimes you get lucky with the thai that is sold everywhere. cs sanementereng has a big offer of weed from different regions of africa... maybe you want to try that, but i would recommend cs yoyo for a nice selection of dutch but sungrown and organic weed.
Pauli Wallnuts

Re: Jamaican/Sess

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

True Playa wrote:Can anyone reccomend anything other than Katsu's super Jamaican?
why? whats wrong with katsu's super jamaica? iv'e been going dam since 98 & thats the best outdoor weed iv'e had out there, had better jamaican/thai in uk, but u gotta remember theirs a much bigger jamaican community in the uk (especially south london) than in the rest of eu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
badgerfist

Post by badgerfist »

geoffk wrote:Hmm. I've never heard of "cess" before. Urban Dictionary's definition would have me keep away from this type of herb. A good Jamaican herb could be Lamb's Bread or Breath.
sess is a patois term used generically to refer to good quality weed much as skunk is used here in the uk. it is a bastardization of the word sinsemilla, (high grade sess is just compressed bud with no stick or seed) before leaving south london it was my regular smoke but was up to twice the price of good hydro.
there is little i enjoy smoking as much and have searched dam on every trip and have never found anything that even comes close to what i was getting a couple of years ago. the super ja from katsu is ok but it isn't high grade sess by any stretch
weeded and liquored
True Playa

Post by True Playa »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
True Playa wrote:Can anyone reccomend anything other than Katsu's super Jamaican?
why? whats wrong with katsu's super jamaica? iv'e been going dam since 98 & thats the best outdoor weed iv'e had out there, had better jamaican/thai in uk, but u gotta remember theirs a much bigger jamaican community in the uk (especially south london) than in the rest of eu
Nothing, it's gonna be my first choice, just wanted to get some other options.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

True Playa wrote:
Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
Nothing, it's gonna be my first choice, just wanted to get some other options.
sorry m8, my bad, check out the tante miep from sanementereng, its dutch outdoor, but similar to foreign weed instead of the dutch hybrids, imo its not as nice as the sj but still very nice in a fat j, alot of people recommend yoyo's for outdoor, i never been, tried to find it last time but got lost, much to liquidswords amusement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Little is selling 5g for 16€ of some of the tastiest jamaican I have smoked so far.

badgerfirst:

it may be true, that you havent found anything that is LIKE the stuff you used to get at home, but you cant say there is no quality import weed in the netherlands, because that is just not true
its just different ;)
bigs

Post by bigs »

badgerfist wrote:
geoffk wrote:Hmm. I've never heard of "cess" before. Urban Dictionary's definition would have me keep away from this type of herb. A good Jamaican herb could be Lamb's Bread or Breath.
sess is a patois term used generically to refer to good quality weed much as skunk is used here in the uk. it is a bastardization of the word sinsemilla, (high grade sess is just compressed bud with no stick or seed) before leaving south london it was my regular smoke but was up to twice the price of good hydro.
there is little i enjoy smoking as much and have searched dam on every trip and have never found anything that even comes close to what i was getting a couple of years ago. the super ja from katsu is ok but it isn't high grade sess by any stretch
yeah mate, I am from south London (well moved to dam now), we are talking about the same stuff - I used to pay £10/g a for it (back in the days hydro cost 20 for 3.5)

Lovely stuff mellow but intense if that makes any sense at all
badgerfist

Post by badgerfist »

@ bigs deptford was the place for the nice niceness i was paying between £30-40 an 1/8 but never begrudged the price, have you found anything like it in dam?

@ sh@dy dont get me wrong buddy i'm not saying you cant get nice outdoor bio import in dam i'm just saying that in my experience none of it was genuine Jamaican high grade sensi, or probably even jamaican
weeded and liquored
bigs

Post by bigs »

[quote="badgerfist"]@ bigs deptford was the place for the nice niceness i was paying between £30-40 an 1/8 but never begrudged the price, have you found anything like it in dam?

yeh mate new cross/pckham for me so probably coming from the same place. not all the time though, it only came around for carnival and christmas!

nothing at all in dam, like pauli said theres not a big jamican community over here.

I think it's pretty rare, probably only a small amount ever imported to UK thus the price.
badgerfist

Post by badgerfist »

you and pauli hit the nail on the head, i was lucky enough to have a close friend who was a true ital rasta hence my regular supply. i moved to brighton a few years back with my mrs and here i'm about as close to jamaican as you get and i'm white, half Scottish and half english
weeded and liquored
True Playa

Post by True Playa »

Cheers for the suggestions. Will keep 'em in mind.
DeathRowRecords

Post by DeathRowRecords »

Just to add to the posts from other londoners.......what is known as 'cess' or 'sess' is indeed a bastardization of the word 'sens' (short for 'sensi').

It's true that if you know peeps with links to the Caribbean you're more likely to get real imported Jamaican (or Antiguan, or 'Vincy' from St Vincent) weed.

Definitely potent stuff, although prices have dropped. I bought a q (7g) last week for £40, best chopped with scissors or ground after picking out the few shiny black seeds it may contain. Mellow and slow burning weed, stronger than it looks.

The closest I had in 'Dam was Jamaican sensi(?) in Atlantis, 6E/g but worth it
10 B&H + a packet of rizla,not the greens