sage like wisdom needed

Accommodation related topics.
Bas

sage like wisdom needed

Post by Bas »

so yeah, 3 of us going to the dam in 12 days, need a stoner friendly enviroment and our budget is between 60-120 euros a night each

One Spliff a day keeps the evil away..
Balou

Re: sage like wisdom needed

Post by Balou »

What type of room? What are the exact dates? Do you want a private bath or will shared do? Are navigating stairs a problem? Is there a specfic area of town you want to stay in? All will need answers if you want reliable responses. And I'll just assume you have checked all the hotel on the smoking hotel thread? https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=14240

Peace
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
weoftenscore6

Post by weoftenscore6 »

I'd thoroughly recommend Greenhouse effect.. smoker friendly (it is a coffeeshop!) and cheap. Yuo can get flats which are very reasonable.

Don't expect the ritz, but it'll more than suit your needs
benstraat

Post by benstraat »

If there was three of you, I'd look into getting an apartment.

You will get a good deal and it would be so much cheaper, being able to cook your own meals and fill your fridge and have parties.

The Bulldog and Greenhouse Effect do them.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Hey thanks for the responses, im staying at the flying monkey now, confirmed and booked! Any CS you could reccomend close by to it?
Lemon

Post by Lemon »

Something to keep in mind - I don't think Bulldog allows smoking in it's rooms (this baffles me as they are a coffee shop...), but this might just be in their dorm style rooms, not sure. Probably worth checking if it's important to you.

Greenhouse Effect is booked pretty solid except for a random day here and there (no continuous openings on consecutive days) on the week you specify. How long are you staying for? The more days in a row you need, the harder its going to be. Give them a call, the booking lady is super chill and helped me figure something out when I booked (I'm staying for 5 days, and will switch rooms on one of the days). They are small and pretty popular, and definitely allow smoking.

Edit: Too slow! Enjoy your trip!
Bas

Post by Bas »

Ha no worries, i checked out the bulldog but as you said i came across a no smoking notice on the sight so thought fuck that! Also had a look at greenhouse effect but they wanted 100 euro deposit online and you have to fill out this long form. Damcity much more straight forward! So far on previous trips ive stayed at 1* hostels and 5* hotels, this time im gonna sample the apartment vibe! And try not to think too hard about the 5*, you can do anything you want in one of them!
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

I'd stay at voyagers.
Ghostie

Post by Ghostie »

Flying monkey is a perfect location, just around the corner from Voyagers.

4 of us stayed here a couple of years ago. Maya was a great host and the apartment was spot on if that helps :D