One step forward two steps back...

Legal news, protests, etc.
Old Fart

One step forward two steps back...

Post by Old Fart »

The Feds are clearly influenced by someone to blatantly ignore centuries of safe use and hundreds of preliminary studies showing Marijuana clearly has medical benefits and has the potential to add more. This makes it impossible to further research medical marijuana, a catch 22. The Feds are corrupt here…there can be no other explanation

Marijuana still a drug with no accepted medical use, court says
Appellate judges defer to federal health experts and side with the DEA.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 4670.story

Willjay

Re: One step forward two steps back...

Post by Willjay »

Must be some thing in the federal water that makes them blind to the world around them, states have to lead on this
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

If I may suggest, this could be a reason...

"There are currently 179 judges on the United States Courts of Appeals authorized by Congress and Article III of the U.S. Constitution. These judges are nominated by the President of the United States, and if confirmed by the United States Senate have lifetime tenure, earning an annual salary of $184,500."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... of_appeals

The operative term in the above excerpt is "lifetime tenure", the same as a Supreme Court Justice.
Political appointees, especially those confirmed at a relatively young age, can and do serve their "true masters" even when said manipulators are no longer in office or position of political power.
Many ways to circumvent the balance of power, the courts of appeals is one such way. Win or lose a case in the lower courts, an appeal is filed and the lower courts decision is changed or upheld. This sets precedence which could/will effect legal standing in future issues, such as medical marijuana.
It's not a complex issue, it's a matter between a doctor and a patient. To put it bluntly (no pun intended), the legality of medical marijuana is a form of oxymora, just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if this is how the founding fathers envisioned the country will become?
Fuck the founding fathers, they can't speak for themselves because they're dead.
What's concerning to me are the fools on both sides of the political isle that think they can. :shock: :lol:

We The People,...
Too much I (special interests) and not enough We...
... :mrgreen:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Uncle Ron wrote:If I may suggest, this could be a reason...

"There are currently 179 judges on the United States Courts of Appeals authorized by Congress and Article III of the U.S. Constitution. These judges are nominated by the President of the United States, and if confirmed by the United States Senate have lifetime tenure, earning an annual salary of $184,500."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... of_appeals

The operative term in the above excerpt is "lifetime tenure", the same as a Supreme Court Justice.
Political appointees, especially those confirmed at a relatively young age, can and do serve their "true masters" even when said manipulators are no longer in office or position of political power.
Many ways to circumvent the balance of power, the courts of appeals is one such way. Win or lose a case in the lower courts, an appeal is filed and the lower courts decision is changed or upheld. This sets precedence which could/will effect legal standing in future issues, such as medical marijuana.
It's not a complex issue, it's a matter between a doctor and a patient. To put it bluntly (no pun intended), the legality of medical marijuana is a form of oxymora, just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if this is how the founding fathers envisioned the country will become?
Fuck the founding fathers, they can't speak for themselves because they're dead.
What's concerning to me are the fools on both sides of the political isle that think they can. :shock: :lol:

We The People,...
Too much I (special interests) and not enough We...
... :mrgreen:
Too many texualist judges and not enough visionaries.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Boat Drinks

Post by Boat Drinks »

from the American Medical Association, National Center for Health Statistics, and US Centers for Disease Control:

Annual Causes of Death in the United States:

Tobacco: 435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity: 365,000
Alcohol: 85,000
Microbial Agents: 75,000
Toxic Agents: 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes: 26,374
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs: 32,000
Suicide: 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms: 29,000
Homicide: 20,308
Sexual Behaviors: 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect: 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs such as Aspirin: 7,600
MARIJUANA: 0

Someone missed the memo
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

i find that hard to believe, and common sense say that a few people have died doing stupid shit or driving when they were too stoned...even my pie in the sky attitude knows better :mrgreen: ....then why hasnt it been reported you ask?...dont know...but ya know that people have died..people are stupid mostly :D :lol:
rockin into the night