Hermaphrodite ?

Including growing tips and questions.
spidergawd

Hermaphrodite ?

Post by spidergawd »

Is it? shame if it is, 3 weeks from finish. it's a AutoMariaII and we might have been too liberal with the Biogrow and prunning/topping early on. The other 2 plants in the tent look OK, it's a mixed bag in there, the AMII, (Sativa) A Pandora, (very nice mix) and a indica heavy Vertigo.
If I have to pull it would it be any value for going in with some other stuff to make some butter with?

Ihope the other ones fill out a bit in the next 3 weeks as they're popcorn buds at the mo. Using Biobloom now, (carefully measured out).

What a long strange trip it is.
Mack 10

Re: Hermaphrodite ?

Post by Mack 10 »

No, that's a female.
They will grow a single calx at each leaf node.
Each one would contain a seed if allowed to be pollinated by a male.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Nice tuhat's good news it's the best looker. :D
macky

Post by macky »

Hey spider are leaf tips a little yellow ? Or is it my old eyes playing tricks. I find the tents cause heat stress it's hard tell heat stress fron over fertilizing I find less is best enjoyed the look in your garden :D
Papi

Post by Papi »

Chicks with dicks are just no fun, even when it comes to weed.

Nice plants Spider!
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Thanks guys, yes the leaf tips on the other 2 are a bit yellow/white and were looking a bit dry but I've moved the light, a 250w HPS with a new bulb, up to about 30/35 cms above the tops. I have 4inch inline fan/carbon filter setup, and yes it has been getting some heat in there so tomorrow I'll install a 12v fan which I haven't had in the tent which is a fairly small BudBox (75x75x160cms). It seems as the plants fill out the tent then the heat has increased inside and needs some breeze across the the plants.
I bought this tent because it was the only one I could get with a flat white interior rather than reflective, which are probably more efficient, but white seems to produce a much kinder, more natural seeming light. 8) (hippy me). :D

Cheers folks :D
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Looking good mate :mrgreen: sure they will be fine , they had a damn heathly start :wink: , see you soon :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

spidergawd wrote:Thanks guys, yes the leaf tips on the other 2 are a bit yellow/white and were looking a bit dry but I've moved the light
Hey Brother..

Looking good!

I think that is tip burn from nutrients. To me, you were on the upper limit on nute strenght at the time. Nothing too serious, but on the upper limit. If it would be heat, the whole leaf would start to yellow but also part the buds.

My plants during the summer were heath stressed, and those look nothing like that, believe me. My temps were 37 Celsius on the top buds! With proper heat stress many plants actually hermie and start growing bananas, but when you get the Place cooled down, they many times turn back to normal.

Info & few tips:

BTW Seeing plants hermie, thou your's are/were not as some already wrote, it is not the end of it! You may still get nice & ripe sensimilla, but might have to put in a little extra work.
Like i wrote, it can be just a small stress factor that causes it and when that is fixed the plants will be fine in few days.

- Hermie pollen sacks are worse, but not all hermi-bananas shoot "live rounds" and some nanners wilt before bursting out pollen. I had a Blueberry like this, it hermied abit, but didn't even polinate herself cause the nanners wilted soon enough.

- If the hermie problem stays manageable, thou still weeks to go till harvest, you can use tweezers to pull out the individual nanners or even the whole individual calyx (not the whole bud), but you have to check your plants atleast every other day.
With many plants going hermi, this might be quite a pain in the ass. But if you wanna finish the flowering cycle and harvest ripe seedless marijuana, this is what you have to do.

- When the nanners or pollen sacks are still green, there's very little danger of pollen bursting out, but when they turn yellow and you're not careful, pollen starts flying quite soon!
When i have to pull out nanners, i usually have some water in a cup or in a sink near by and after every nanner/hermie calyx i pull out, i rinse the tweezers AND ALSO the nanner in the water, because moisture ruins the pollen and keeps it from flying all over the place.

PS.

Did you harvest them already?
Don't forget to post more pics and a smoke report!
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Hi, yes harvested now and drying and i agree it was too much feed. They were also close to heat stress but saved them in time. They dont look too bad, I do have some snaps and will put some when I get back to my computer. I dont do more than basic on my phone I'm afraid. :!:
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

spidergawd wrote:Hi, yes harvested now and drying and i agree it was too much feed. They were also close to heat stress but saved them in time. They dont look too bad, I do have some snaps and will put some when I get back to my computer. I dont do more than basic on my phone I'm afraid. :!:

Is that auto version of the Santa MAria-cutting, also known as 'Planck' in Holland? If you can find well grown and cured Santa Maria/Planck in Amsterdam, do try it if you all ready haven't. Smooth, sweet & floral smoke, nice and comfortable sativa high. It's said to be a Brazilian sativa. True old school plant. 8)