Sad to announce that "Slimline" Peter is no longer with us

About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

Mr Incognito

Re: Sad to announce that "Slimline" Peter is no longer with us

Post by Mr Incognito »

I have always had Amsterdam on my mind, but thought I couldn't go on my own. I don't have a massive crowd of stoner buddies where I live - just my best mate who used to live there and doesn't want to go back. So I thought I would never get there - too scary, and how would I know where to go? And then I came across the ACD forum, and I got a whole load of inside knowledge from countless people who had been before and knew the ropes, and now I have been three times and I love it. ACD gave me the courage to live more adventurously and I got on that Schippol plane.

So thankyou Slimline, for helping bring people together. You might not have shared my passion for the tastes, smells, sounds and buzz of my favourite drug - that is inconsequential. You helped someone I haven't met set up an online forum where I could communicate with, learn from, and share experiences with like minded people from across the world. I'll never meet those people either (or if I do, it will be Incognito, because my hobby stays secret while the laws stay as they are), but our minds have met.

The community that uses this forum lives on despite the loss of its architect. Slimline, I salute you, and may you rest in peace.

Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Sorry to hear this. I wish I were able to meet him and thank him personally.

Yes, it is fitting to dedicate these forums.

Cancer sucks. :-(
"Laif" with a long "a".
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

Very sad news, the forum helped create so many good times over the years. Hopefully the good work will continue.RIP Slimline.
Hang on to your head
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

I echo everyone's comments. Thanks Slimline for for putting together the foundations for this forums to grow and flourish. RIP.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Ahh sad news indeed, my thoughts are with his family and friends. It's another timely opportunity to say thanks to everyone that is, has been, will be instrumental in keeping this place rolling. We love ya :)
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Sad to read this! My sincerest condolences! Thank you for making this place happen, too. I was thinking about this spam attack some time back as well by the way.

Suggestion: What about some decently sized 'In remembrance of ...'/'In tribute ..' / 'Dedicated to...'right next to the 'ACD Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory Forums' logo on the main site of the forum? Maybe as link to this thread then(thread should be a sticky in this section)? If so this thread should be closed after a year so everyone can condole until then and if not so be it. No need for competition. Also to prevent new members posting here out of some sort of sense of obligation(note: I'm aware this is a very sensitive subject, it's not about excluding anyone posting here though. Everyone can post but let's say posting here after a couple of years feels a bit inconvenient at least to me. Hope my point is taken. ).
Maybe every year in December the forum should go offline with again some sort of note , 'In rememberance of ...', for only one day, one hour or what ever.
Hope this all isn't too cheesy, as said it's a sensitive topic.

I agree: Thanks to everyone participating in this forum or the main page!
Papi

Post by Papi »

Damn, i just came across this post...very very sad news indeed.

Thank you Slimline for creating ACD, made me meet lots of good people from all over the world. Rest in peace and fly high amigo.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

rip
your work lives on
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Even though this is a sad time for the friends and family of slimline, here at ACD, is whole other community morning his loss as well, a community he helped create, maintain, and on occasion rescued us from spammers. I never knew Slimline but will remember him as a good and descent human. Smoking one for you Peter :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Many fine posts here. Thanks everyone.

The suggestion of closing the forum down for a short time every year as a memorial struck me as particularly poignant. We only remembered the guy down in the engine room when it stopped running.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lemming wrote:Many fine posts here. Thanks everyone.

The suggestion of closing the forum down for a short time every year as a memorial struck me as particularly poignant. We only remembered the guy down in the engine room when it stopped running.
Not sure I agree with closing the forum it's too passive. I would rather see a more positive memorial, e.g., changing the forum's font color to remind us of his contribution or overlaying the Amsterdam Map with a memorial message on the day of his passing.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

:lol: Don't worry, wasn't planning on doing it. Just that the idea reminded me of how we took him for granted until something broke or he couldn't afford the server fees.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Lemming wrote::lol: Don't worry, wasn't planning on doing it. Just that the idea reminded me of how we took him for granted until something broke or he couldn't afford the server fees.
isn't that the way we humans behave with just about everything?

but I agree with notsofastfreddie - it is too passive an act. Many will just think the site is down.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Dam shame about "Slimlime" Peter. Meet and made a lot of friends here because of this forum. So sorry to hear about his passing. :(

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Rest in peace Peter 'Slimline'.

See you further down the hard drive.

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.