Booking.com

Accommodation related topics.
matty223

Booking.com

Post by matty223 »

Weedsmoker

Re: Booking.com

Post by Weedsmoker »

'The use of the word "we" does not make it clear enough that the scarcity only applies to the Booking.com website,' the authority said.

Well it's clear enough to me.
Laterooms.com all the way :)
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Don't I feel the mug; it worked on me :lol: I got free cancellation up till the day before so might take weedsmokers lead and check laterooms before I travel :twisted:
Scandalous Monk

Post by Scandalous Monk »

I always double check prices with other sites and the hotel and 9/10 times they have been the cheapest option
matty223

Post by matty223 »

IMO booking.com is very expensive
treetop

Post by treetop »

matty223 wrote:IMO booking.com is very expensive
the free late (ish) cancellation feature makes it a good starting point for a search IMHO. Always like having a back up because sometimes better deals/prices do not materialize.

back on topic: I fell for this one too, coupled with dual prices for non cancellation, excellent marketing tools. They use us ( I broadly agree with matty about the high (ish) prices but they are not the most expensive by far) and we use them. Fair trade. A profitable and pragmatic business model. No wonder it is a Dutch company. 8)
How much did you produce?
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

TBH I its laziness I suppose; have been using them since they were priceline. I will check it other sites and see what's what 8)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Bifton wrote:
TBH I its laziness I suppose; have been using them since they were priceline. I will check it other sites and see what's what 8)
on priceline you can get a 4 or even 5* for less then the prices they ask for a 1 * on booking sometime,, but again its all about doing a but of bargin hunting

Peace matty TSA
yaasar

Post by yaasar »

Priceline owns booking.com...try hotelscombined.com, it's a good search site to compare rates of different sites. I also always use booking.com as backup
memogram

Post by memogram »

i find booking cheapest out of everything when u exclude flights
matty223

Post by matty223 »

im jsut saying PL nyop, last november i got a 4* NH AMsterdam centre,, 17 nights i paid $1,066.00 for all 17 nights including tax,, no way booking.com can beat that.

peace Matty TSA
Weedsmoker

Post by Weedsmoker »

matty223 wrote:im jsut saying PL nyop, last november i got a 4* NH AMsterdam centre,, 17 nights i paid $1,066.00 for all 17 nights including tax,, no way booking.com can beat that.

peace Matty TSA
You can't beat nyop on Priceline. I've stayed there myself a good few times, just remember and get your NH loyalty card at the desk as you receive credits for drink food etc if you return and it doesn't matter if it's through nyop. I remember one time I left someone in the room when I left for a morning flight and when they checked me out I never realised my loyalty card didn't have enough credits for what was purchased and they ended up footing the bill :lol: quality :lol:
scottishguy

Post by scottishguy »

I never use any other site for hotel booking only!
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

i usually stay at www.themonk.nl

great apt's and works out good if you stay with a few people together.... your own apt right near the RLD.. full kitchen etc.