La Tertulia

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate La Tertulia

I like La Tertulia.
92%
I don't like La Tertulia.
8%

Total votes: 63

MinnBobber

Re: La Tertulia

Post by MinnBobber »

Thanks LLMReb,
did you look at a menu, see Amnesia Haze or what else looked interesting? Did you crank up de Verdamper there??

It's my favorite shop from 2 years ago---will be back in May.
Cool 2nd story window to look out at the world go by and great outdoor seating on a nice day. Love it there

LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

The menu was decent, as I recall. I was loaded up on Chocolope, Moby Dick, and Ace at the time, so I did not require a reload. We drank juice and had a nice chat.

One thing I did notice that I had never noticed before is that the upstairs has a fan that sucks out the smoke. That little fan explains why there is no hazy fog of smoke in the place.

I agree that it is such a nice place to while away the time. There were several lone smokers in the place just enjoying the day. Nice owners to boot!
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

An old favourite day time hangout for a toastie and a juice. One gripe however; I know those bloody red chairs upstairs have been there for ever but seriously though, you have a Risk board in the shop but you have seating that just doesn't cut that sort of time investment mustard?

Not really made a good weed purchase here in a while, Mango haze (€12/0.9g) had its intended effect of making supermarket chores immediately afterwards more amusing but idk, only strain so far that I really felt in the throat. Katsu's version is usually much better.
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

Is there a special thread for reporting shops where their vaporizers don't work???? that's what my reports are turning into ;)

I went to La Tertulia to check on what they had for food/drink, to come back later with my wife.
And.... their Verdamper is missing a part.

So those looking for vaporizers, you can cross off Kashmir Lounge and La Tertulia :)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

C
A
N
N
A
B
I
S

C
O
L
L
E
G
E
!!!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Not_the_monk wrote:One gripe however; I know those bloody red chairs upstairs have been there for ever but seriously though, you have a Risk board in the shop but you have seating that just doesn't cut that sort of time investment mustard?
Go to de Os in Leeuwarden, one of my favourite shops in every other respect. People play chess there, and they also have two free computers, so it's not like they want you to piss off fairly sharpish. But the chairs are the most uncomfortable wooden things I've ever sat on – I'm not sure how one wooden thing can be so much worse than other wooden things, but they manage it. I think it's deliberate Dutch Calvinism.
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

On the plus side , those old red chairs do have an amount of 'give' in the back of them, so a modicum of recline is possible. A pleasant rarity for a coffeeshop . No points scored for aesthetic , obviously . T'will be a sad, sad day when Tertulia is no more .
choc0block

Post by choc0block »

Cry Tuff wrote:T'will be a sad, sad day when Tertulia is no more.
What have I missed? :shock:
Are they planning on closing?
I hope not, I love to recline in the afternoon there 8)
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

Richie Rich wrote:
Cry Tuff wrote:T'will be a sad, sad day when Tertulia is no more.
What have I missed? :shock:
Are they planning on closing?
I hope not, I love to recline in the afternoon there 8)

There had been whispers over the last year or so that they were looking to sell up . Ive yet to find anyone to substantiate the rumour and although im a fairly regular customer when in town , it has always seemed a little rude to ask . Maybe someone can chime in and clarify ?
djgtp

Post by djgtp »

Unless another two ladies have took over it seems as though the same people are looking after this place.

After reading that it mainly deals in low to mid strength organic called in to buy the first smoke of my trip. Got €5 of the big budda cheese. Nice enough smoke and just buds in the pre weighed bag. Also a guy working in there who was a bit more chatty / descriptive than the owners. Appreciated his advice. Also got a small bag of Bubblegum which was nicer than the bbc but I think still left me needing more of a kick. Bought a Pure Shiva joint for the wife. Short and fat but didn't burn too well although the effect was just right for her. Good mix of people / ages seem to be using this shop. Good location

Dissapointed that the vaporizer wasn't working. Did hav a selection of bongs but didn't look the cleanest so just used my own pipe.
Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

Does anyone know what days and times this place is open , there web site isn't the best .

Thanks
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Minxtus wrote: Sun 9th Apr 2017 05:00 am Does anyone know what days and times this place is open , there web site isn't the best .

Thanks
I was there on sunday and noticed that they are closed on sundays and mondays :(

opening times listed here:
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Tertulia.html
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

La Tertulia... well located in a nice area, and I got some interesting Kali Mist (0,9g for 10€) that made my afternoon! They were nice, nothing to criticize, and they have fruit juice that goes quite well with the smoke :-)
But for being so well-renowned I was a little disappointed by the narrow and little shabby atmosphere. Why aren't there more coffee shops like this who for example offer paint & paper, or sofas, or something more cozy to be trippin' for real?
Well - thanks anyway, you were the only ones to sell Kali Mist, surely a good adress for such stuff.
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Love this shop. Chill atmosphere, nice budtender. Feels like a proper coffeeshop. Also the outside tables are a dream on a nice day.

Always get the Himalayan Kush for something a bit different and have to say its always clean, potent and a beautiful smoke.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

This was a shop that I never made it to on my last trip - possibly next year
Smell the flowers while you can✌️