Consistently churning out the best

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
memogram

Consistently churning out the best

Post by memogram »

Which coffeeshops have cobsistently put out the highest and best strains?

Voyagers and Utopia i know usually churn out the piff what about the rest of the best?

la2019

Re: Consistently churning out the best

Post by la2019 »

Well those 2 are the first I'd mention, along with Grey Area (in my experience- others would definitely disagree with that one!) I've never left Katsu disappointed! And I've only been to Boerjeongens once but my experience combined with everything I've read says they're usually on their game. Finally, Bluebird is always top notch to me, but it's usually the first smoke of the trip so I may not have the most accurate measure!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Utopia takes pride of place for me, because you can trust the budtenders.

Voyagers is generally good, but one incident sticks in my mind - can't remember the strain, but I asked about it, HB recommended it, bought a g and found it as dry as dust (though still potent). 'It's dry as dust,' I said. 'Yep,' said HB.

Katsu, Tweede Kamer, Dampkring2 and Boerejongens rarely if ever disappoint. I've heard mixed things about weed from Boer, but I go for their hash.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Well my local tip for dealing with the Amsterdam Genetics shops (Boerenjongens & co.), is to go to one of their locations outside of the center, so either DNA, Bij or Boerejongens West, and then to look at the stuff costing between 8.50-12 a gram. That's where I find the real gems on the menu are, at least for good value and some more unusual flavors. The more expensive strains can be hit or miss in my experience, though sometimes can be as piff as anywhere else.

Voyagers has the best more elite or name brand strains, and the most knowledgeable and straight-shooting staff, in my opinion.

Other candidates would be Easy Times, can't speak for their staff - but they're pretty revered by dedicated local weed snobs and canna-tourists for their Kosher Kush. Also been hearing pretty good things about De Kade. And perhaps lastly Mr. K and Coffeeshop Baba probably warrant a look as well!
memogram

Post by memogram »

When i went Voyagers i asked what's the best option for what i wanted - the guy was a dick no names mentioned and he like all other useless and rude budtenders i came across just suggested the most expensive - la confidential - although that was amazing i got too high and almost wanted to get next plane back to london lmao.
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

So when asked the "useless and rude" budtender recommended something that was "amazing and got you so high you wanted to get the next plane back to London"? Your definition of a "dick" is different than mine my friend. :? :? :?
It's all about THC for me.
memogram

Post by memogram »

Skull_Kid1888 wrote: Tue 21st Mar 2017 03:28 pm So when asked the "useless and rude" budtender recommended something that was "amazing and got you so high you wanted to get the next plane back to London"? Your definition of a "dick" is different than mine my friend. :? :? :?
If its the most expensive i bet it is due to the quality right, but only 2 coffeeshops out of the 10 i visited had nice budtenders. Rest were rude
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

'Most expensive' doesn't always mean the best or strongest available as there are other factors as well.
Just look at Medicine Man in the US and their comment about Girl Scout Cookies. 'The amount harvested per plant is really low and it takes a lot of effort to grow it, but customers demand it so we have to grow it'. Or take a look at Dr. Grinspoon.
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

memogram wrote: Mon 20th Mar 2017 10:27 pm When i went Voyagers i asked what's the best option for what i wanted - the guy was a dick no names mentioned and he like all other useless and rude budtenders i came across just suggested the most expensive - la confidential - although that was amazing i got too high and almost wanted to get next plane back to london lmao.
LOL! How horrible for that "rude" budtender to recommend the most potent bud of your trip! You're being sarcastic, right? :)
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
Herrring

Post by Herrring »

If u think the bts from voyagers are "rude" then you havent been to many shops, they are really nice and helpful, everyone has a bad day.

In my experience they are the most friendly shop with bluebird, utopia, paradox.

I know there are a lot of nice shops but for me these shops were outstanding nice for me and my dogs on some trips.

De graal has to be mentioned, i think voyagers would be like the graal if they wouldnt be in the center.

But back to buds and hash.

You can always find some fire in these shops:

-voyagers

-bluebird (more on the hash side)

-dampkring centraal

-utopia

-boerenjongens

-siberie

-dampkring and tweede kamer

Heard good things about green place, bagheera, el guapo, funky munky. Will try these.

Happy hunting