The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2018

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Pierre von Mondragon

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2018

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Coolio, the 19th it is then! I am still in Leiden, although the CS time has been 5 pm since Igot here sadly. There are a few good shops, not many with a lot of space though. If you or any other folk from here fancy it hit me up and I will be glad to give you the tour. Haarlem is definitely better if there are many people due to the choice of larger facilities, but Leiden edges it on picturesque qualities, as the canal to street ratio is very similar to Mokum, just miniaturised. Cheers!

Devore

Post by Devore »

Be interested in a Haarlem trip over the weekend if anyone else is up for it.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Devore wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 01:45 pm Be interested in a Haarlem trip over the weekend if anyone else is up for it.
Think that it is unlikely we will be up for a Haarlem trip during the weekend, we leave Sunday so that is a no-go for us and Saturday is reserved for "something special" when we are all gathered (possibly Het Ballonnetje revisit) and the smoker-poker tournament during the late hours, with the possibility of a hash taste-a-thon squeezed in-between... :/ Was thinking a Haarlem trip earlier in the week, which sadly excludes you guys and gals who join us for the weekend...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
2stick

Post by 2stick »

macky wrote: Tue 6th Feb 2018 12:16 pm Boat trip price is 15 euro.s ,free beer and snacks included.
Your presence no presents please for B-Bash ,get your badge and confirm your spot on boat.
For those virgin dabbler,s this will be your time too try ..Roll on 420
Please, sign me up for all three: Boat, B-Bash and cherry popping dabbing.
OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 6th Feb 2018 04:08 pm Sweeet - how about Saturday the 21st at Batavia? Game starts 7pm sharp to make sure we're finished before closing.
I think this could be a good laugh, so I'm in too. I used to play some online poker (Texas All In :mrgreen: ) for few years in the past, only made it once to live table.. but that was a long time ago.
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 11th Feb 2018 08:13 pm
2stick wrote: Sat 10th Feb 2018 10:37 am Anyone knows if pressing hash is doable at Willie Wortel Indica? I've been planning to do a crawl at Haarlem during 420 week. It would be make a cool last stop there to press some of the bounty Haarlem has to offer.
Dunno if they have screens there, but if we remember we'll bring a couple, then pressing hash should be no problem.... :mrgreen:
That would be sweet!
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 02:41 pm
Devore wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 01:45 pm Be interested in a Haarlem trip over the weekend if anyone else is up for it.
Think that it is unlikely we will be up for a Haarlem trip during the weekend, we leave Sunday so that is a no-go for us and Saturday is reserved for "something special" when we are all gathered (possibly Het Ballonnetje revisit) and the smoker-poker tournament during the late hours, with the possibility of a hash taste-a-thon squeezed in-between... :/ Was thinking a Haarlem trip earlier in the week, which sadly excludes you guys and gals who join us for the weekend...
I'm Sorry Devore, I was also planning making it earlier on the week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Leaving Universal Stoner Time, UST: Noonish, after breakfast/brunch +one or two of the timeunits of "huh, what day is it? Should we be going already?" So we're still able to make Macky's Birthday Bash or Spidergawd's Memorial Cruise, depending on the day.

That way I might have some slim chance to demolish my stash, before the week is over. At the moment my tolerance is very low. I anticipate that my arrival day is spent purely on building up the tolerance, going borderline conscious and unconscious. Not very social state, I assume.

The Haarlem Crawl I sketched, goes something around the route of WW Sativa -> Empire -> High Times -> WW Indica. With the possibility of starting from Birdy, although it is on the north side of the railway station. All in all, it could be a good 4km walk according to Google maps (incl. Birdy as a first stop: Haarlem Crawl early beta map), but of course there will be the stops, smokes, refreshments and possible food purchases on the track. And the speed is naturally a crawl, with a chance of a few wrong turns.

What kind of places you people want to visit in Haarlem? I'm sure that changes and suggestions from others can be made to the route. I've never been in Haarlem before, so the knowledge of experienced veterans, and the eager agility of first timers is always appreciated.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

2stick wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 04:43 pm The Haarlem Crawl I sketched, goes something around the route of WW Sativa -> Empire -> High Times -> WW Indica. With the possibility of starting from Birdy, although it is on the north side of the railway station.
Sounds like a good plan, although we might pop by Regine and Maximilian for possible b&f's between Empire and High Times.

Does anyone know if we can bring bikes on the train? That would open up the options quite a lot and we have become so accustomed to having our steely companions with us we fear a half day without them...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Folding bikes ride for free, regular bikes buy a ticket. They also rent bikes at the Haarlem train station.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

It was 6e for a day bike pass, off peak hours, last time I did it.

I am glad Das Boot is in operation again, is it the same company?

I am up for Haarlem, Take Away has a good menu worth checking, and Regine definitely, I think both those places have way more interesting menus than the WW chain, nice though they are to sit in, I was in Maximillian last week and the menu there too was more diverse
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

19th & 20th requested off work, count me in on memorial cruise please Macky.

@CC: wouldn't write off venturing outside of Damsko for Saturday- the motherfucker mentioned being keen to hit Utrecht on the weekend, potentially to High-yak the city's waterways.
Last edited by Nuggz on Mon 12th Feb 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macky

Post by macky »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 11:25 pm 19th & 20th requested off work, count me in on memorial cruise please Macky
Already had you down bud ..err Nugs 8)

Roll on 420
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

macky wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 11:27 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 11:25 pm 19th & 20th requested off work, count me in on memorial cruise please Macky
Already had you down bud ..err Nugs 8)

Roll on 420
Awesome, thanks dude. You da real MVP Macky! 😎👊

Edit: obligatory roll on 420 🙃🚣‍♂️
Devore

Post by Devore »

Solo Haarlem stagger it is!! :) boom!
kushola

Post by kushola »

well it looks like i may be scrapping the june/july trip to awakenings fo rthe 420 gathering to hang with some like minded folks.

been to the dam too many times and its much funner when you have company to enjoy smoke with!

seems voyagers is booked 19/20/21 but before and after is fine. so im going to need to find a smoker friendly hotel/hostel close or in the centrum for my booking before and after. can anyone recommend? hotel utopia is either all booked or renovating/not taking reservations. thanks in advance!
kushola

Post by kushola »

its official flights been booked - lemmy can you throw me onto the WIT page :D 4/16 - 4/25
2stick

Post by 2stick »

FlyByNite wrote: Mon 12th Feb 2018 06:03 pm They also rent bikes at the Haarlem train station.
This could be a game changer for me, there is a slight chance I might try to stay on the bikepath there.. that way there could be more shops to visit.

at Amsterdam center, oh hell no. Even going by walking there is so much dangers, such as the trams that come silent and deadly.. then the bikes, dood, they're out to get tourists and other non focused stoners. Just ram more speed from the pedals and start shouting angrily and in rather attacking voice. Seriously they have issues, deep and scarring issues. Even the before mentioned trams, they make way for the cyclists.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

There is a bike path through the dunes that runs from Haarlem to Zandvoort if you want to visit it's two shops. The bike rental probably has maps.

Enjoy
FlyByNite