The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

FODSmith

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by FODSmith »

It wasn't the decor. It was the atmosphere.

AmDamMan

Post by AmDamMan »

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 6th Jun 2018 05:53 pm Is the music policy still the domain of whoever is serving? Or are we now subject to a blanket policy of auto-tune RnBullshit & mumbleweed-rap?
I've dropped in a few times and it's always been that rubbish. It may be that it's still the choices of who's serving but they're so busy music is a 2nd thought. I caught James there one morning and it was the same generic awful music, not the eclectic mix you'd get in the utopia of old.

I'll post full thoughts when I'm hone but let's just say I've missed utopia this trip. I'm sure the plug has it's place in Amsterdam, it's just a shame that place had to be utopia.
gapie

Post by gapie »

and u didn't miss me lol or nobody's cares about me mmmm dunnoo .... ??? !!!!
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
gapie

Post by gapie »

FODSmith wrote: Wed 6th Jun 2018 06:59 pm It wasn't the decor. It was the atmosphere.
huh ok
gapie

Post by gapie »

choppermike wrote: Wed 6th Jun 2018 06:43 pm Judging solely by our good friend Stan's Infobroadcasts, ( which are amazing ! ), sadly I feel that Utopia may have lost all of it's "Charm" :(

.. have a closer look in Sept.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
gapie

Post by gapie »

AmDamMan wrote: Wed 6th Jun 2018 10:06 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 6th Jun 2018 05:53 pm Is the music policy still the domain of whoever is serving? Or are we now subject to a blanket policy of auto-tune RnBullshit & mumbleweed-rap?
I've dropped in a few times and it's always been that rubbish. It may be that it's still the choices of who's serving but they're so busy music is a 2nd thought. I caught James there one morning and it was the same generic awful music, not the eclectic mix you'd get in the utopia of old.

I'll post full thoughts when I'm hone but let's just say I've missed utopia this trip. I'm sure the plug has it's place in Amsterdam, it's just a shame that place had to be utopia.
yeh
I met u
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Lift tickets are pre-rolled cones of a kind, before you ask. I'm not sure what kind, but then I don't go for pre-rolls.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

If I'm not mistaken - lift-tickets are a particular brand of pre-roll cone that come 'infused with THC'.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I think that was what Ingi was explaining to me. I admit to being a bit glazed, what with the music.

I was eager to see the new look, so came here as usual after my traditional 7am arrival smoke at 1e Hulp. A bit disappointed at the absence of Kashmir Dream, as the Plug appeared to have left the hash menu alone on the first menu. Was told the Cherry Pie was the best hash, but in any case there wasn't any hash of any sort, though there might be in an hour. When I said that I gathered the Citral was different, I was told there wasn't any of that at the moment either.

Didn't look in until the afternoon, when I was in desperate need of a place to stop and have a drink, because it was very hot. But the place was packed and very hot itself, so I didn't bother. Came back in the evening and was told there wasn't any hash, but there would be later, and it was a good thing I was enquiring about the Cherry Pie, because that would be the only kind that would be around—incidentally, the only new offering on the menu, so presumably from one of the new suppliers. And, you know what, I didn't look again, so can't say anything about the product.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

The only positive I can pick out of your visit report FOD is that Ingi was there ! 😎
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
monster420

Post by monster420 »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 7th Jun 2018 06:29 pm If I'm not mistaken - lift-tickets are a particular brand of pre-roll cone that come 'infused with THC'.
lift tickets are terpene infused rolling papers without thc
zero thc but 100% terpy goodness :D
Last edited by monster420 on Thu 7th Jun 2018 07:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

monster420 wrote: Thu 7th Jun 2018 07:02 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 7th Jun 2018 06:29 pm If I'm not mistaken - lift-tickets are a particular brand of pre-roll cone that come 'infused with THC'.
lift tickets are terpene infused rolling papers without thc
zero thc but 100% terpy goodness :D
That's the least useless thing you've ever posted, congrats bro - doorgaan ouwe - baby steps...o cómo se dice aquí en España: poco a poco!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

choppermike wrote: Thu 7th Jun 2018 06:51 pm The only positive I can pick out of your visit report FOD is that Ingi was there ! 😎
To judge from other reports, James is still there, and the newish budtender who's often there in the evening -- Ahmed? -- was there as well. So three. Though they work alongside what I assume are others more closely connected with the new owners.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Can't wait to visit this spot!! The menu looks incredible!!
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Last edited by monster420 on Mon 27th Aug 2018 04:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.