Hotel Atlantis

Accommodation related topics.
Ghost

Hotel Atlantis

Post by Ghost »

We stayed at this Hotel - Hotel Atlantis during 420 2022 which is situated down in the DePijp area -Tram 4 to Dam Square :D . A reasonable hotel, we had a twin the 1st night which was more than adequate for a night for us and if you do not mind sharing then these rooms would be ok for a week in town and keep the cost down :thumbup: .
The rest of the week we had a double with balcony each :D and these were spot on :thumbup: , clean and tidy, clean towels everyday, kettle and safety deposit box in room and also a balcony for morning Wake 'n' Bakes and late night sessions before bed :mrgreen:
The Hotel even has a lift so you do not have to contend with steep stairs after a hectic days stomping around town :thumbup:

Closest Coffeeshop - Carmona a 2 min walk away :mrgreen:

Overall a reasonable hotel with clean rooms and friendly staff, reasonably priced and in a lovely location :D :thumbup: . Maybe a little to far out if you want to hang up the top end of town blazing and drinking :thumbup:

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
IrishSmoker1916

Re: Hotel Atlantis

Post by IrishSmoker1916 »

I've also stayed here and can only say nice things. Love having a balcony obviously and rooms were clean and cool.
Carmona is pretty good, other standout CS' nearby are Blue Sea, Katsu, Greenhouse Tolstraat. Overall De Pijp is a nice and relaxed area, with a way more local feeling than staying near centraal. Good food, good coffeeshops, good bars
kush0la

Post by kush0la »

Sounds promising. I might actually book here for my trip.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Mike and I will be staying here again during 420 2023 and of course we have our balconies for our morning Wake 'n' Bakes again :mrgreen: We don't mind it here, like I have said before it is always clean. This trip though we will be using bikes mostly to get around town and some good old shoe lace express for the later sessions going on around town :mrgreen: :D

Anyone notice how the prices have increased on all hotels, we got a good price on this hotel what with being previous guests etc, but now these same rooms are nearly a 1000£ for the 420 week, that is pricey. Even the 1 star places now are asking over the top pricing for what they are offering, it's gone completely nuts :lol:
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Booked 1 night 12/3 in the double room with balcony. Looking forward to it.

I wonder if I could stash a wee present for you @Ghost?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

jollylittlehun wrote: Tue 31st Jan 2023 12:33 pm Booked 1 night 12/3 in the double room with balcony. Looking forward to it.

I wonder if I could stash a wee present for you @Ghost?
:thumbup: you should have a good stay their buddy :thumbup: like I say it is always clean, has a kettle and fresh towels etc and as you got the balcony 'Good Times 8) ' Hopefully your like it.

A 'Wee Present' 8) now that would be something, if you were able to stash something in the hotel or close by and I was able to locate and find it 8) :mrgreen: :thumbup: that would be Awesome. I once stashed a half full up pot of extracts in a hotel room that I used to stay at and mentioned it to someone I knew was staying at the same hotel a couple of months later and they were lucky enough to get the same room and find said pot of 'Gold' :thumbup:
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Lets see if I remember. It would probably be a bit of hash. I'll doing a live report so if you're on remind me.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Hotel has recently been sold and is currently being refurbished at the moment. The rooms now all have double beds and are looking more modern. Once it is all complete it should look pretty good and now they are offering breakfast, I never tried that though. Was a bit of a building site at times during our stay but hey it didn't bother me as I was 'High' :lol: Will stay again :D
kush0la

Post by kush0la »

room photos do look good, i checked over new years and in april and both are seemingly not allowing 6+ night stay, might be restricted to 5 or less or they are still working as mentioned, either way this place looks promising for the balcony. several rooms on their website are still showing no balcony as an option though however.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Unable to book my usual room here for 420 week 2024 as all balcony rooms are fully booked and all other rooms are fully booked as well, so new digs it will have to be. I even phoned the hotel and spoke to someone I know and they couldn't even swing it for me :( or fit me in. It is what it is :!:
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

I originally booked this hotel a year ago for my Feb '23 trip because of the Balcony for a morning/nighttime smoke and cancelled it for a hotel closer to central as I was only around for 2 nights.

Reserved a balcony room again for next week but cancelled it after reading one too many awful reviews across Google and Trip Advisor...although now seeing how many of you liked your stay here I'm feeling a bit regretful. Can't refund the more expensive Hotel I've got now but at least it comes with breakfast :lol:

No issues with smoking weed on the balconies at Atlantis then? Will add it back to my favourites list if it's all good.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

No problems with smoking/dabbing on the balconies here, I have never had a problem :thumbup: This is still a good hotel which has had a refurb recently and all the rooms are now updated and modern. I would have booked it again for 420 this year but the rooms have nearly doubled in price since I 1st started staying here and they didn't have any available then but when I just had a quick look I see that there are a couple of doubles left some with balconies. I would defo stay here again if the price is right :thumbup: