First Solo Trip

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
HitTheNorth

First Solo Trip

Post by HitTheNorth »

Five weeks today and I'll be back in the holy city.
It'll be my first solo jaunt and I'm pretty excited.
Backstory:
I like my music loud and I like my music weird. Around the start of lockdown I stumbled across a bunch of loud and weird Australian bands that led to a bit of an obsession. My absolute favourites of the bunch are an outfit called Gee Tee. They sound a bit like the Ramones on acid in an underwater fun fair and I'm hooked. I've subsequently spent a small fortune buying their stuff, usually limited to around 300 presses on vinyl. I've been patiently waiting for a tour and a few months ago they announced they were coming to Europe.
But not a single UK date. Nooooo!
But they are playing Rotterdam. Yeeeessss!
As if an excuse was needed.
So I'm heading over to Amsterdam on the 11th July for 3 days, cheeky excursion to Rotterdam on the 12th.
Plans: I really want to hit the stud, I have for a while. I also want to do a crawl of western shops. Massawa, el Marsa, Bommel, Catch 33, Plug West, t'kettelje maybe chapiteau, loft, probably forgot a couple but you get the idea.
I love walking and I'll go for hours, my travelling companions have often not been as keen so I want to get out of the centre and check out some new (to me) places.
I'll be writing a trip report as always, must take some menu photos too as I always forget (wonder why)
Suggestions and recommendations always welcome, especially for cheap food, don't wanna waste good bud money on sustenance haha
Fire it up!

mafia

Re: First Solo Trip

Post by mafia »

Hey,

This sounds like the trip of a lifetime especially with a punk crescendo in the middle of it. Went to listen to the GTs after reading your post. I like The Chats, Tropical F*ck Storm and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard on the subject of aussie bands. Hope you have a blast.. might have to go search out a GEE TEE EL PEE for myself now.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

mafia wrote: Tue 6th Jun 2023 09:49 pm Hey,

This sounds like the trip of a lifetime especially with a punk crescendo in the middle of it. Went to listen to the GTs after reading your post. I like The Chats, Tropical F*ck Storm and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard on the subject of aussie bands. Hope you have a blast.. might have to go search out a GEE TEE EL PEE for myself now.
Hey, thanks @mafia
Yeah I'm stoked, don't know if they'll ever come back to Europe so it had to be done.
Australia has some really good bands atm , it was probably diving down a Chats rabbit hole that I found Gee Tee. There's another band on the bill called Satanic Togas who are also sick, both bands share a guitarist.
Thanks for your kind words, I'll smoke one up for you bro!
dlw

Post by dlw »

Hi.have a good time in dam....I went to Rotterdam last trip...all the coffee shops are takeaway..have to smoke in park.......return trip on train is about 40 euros...dave