Old school weed beyond the Randstad?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Freewheeling

Old school weed beyond the Randstad?

Post by Freewheeling »

I'm hoping to get some recommendations of coffee shops that are likely to be a reliable and consistent source of some of the less potential old school varieties, or perhaps outdoor grown weed. These days I can tend to find that I'm not so keen on the super potent hybrids, and I could certainly live without the aroma that can leak out of multiple smelly proof bags while I'm on my travels. My preference would usually be for something like Durban Poison or Mexican Sativa. I'm ideally hoping for recommendations that are outside the Randstad area of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, the Hague, and Utrecht, although if needs must I could easily pass through any of those places if it means that I can get myself a decent stash of Durban Poison.

Not_the_monk

Re: Old school weed beyond the Randstad?

Post by Not_the_monk »

Can only really suggest something in Amsterdam I'm afraid, but if you were passing through there I'd check out Yoyo, which is well known for its outdoor and more old school offerings.

I've not seen any Durban Poison on their menu for a good while (last place I think I personally found some in Ams was La Tertuila but it was meh), but Yoyo do usually do have a decent amount of options;

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

I had Durban Poison from Rookies in Amsterdam last year
Menu site has quite a few recently from Rotterdam etc

https://coffeeshopmenus.org/

Good luck
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

For places where those specific strains have been seen recently, see here:

Durban Poison

Mexican Haze
Freewheeling

Post by Freewheeling »

Not_the_monk wrote: Thu 7th Sep 2023 06:13 pmCan only really suggest something in Amsterdam I'm afraid, but if you were passing through there I'd check out Yoyo, which is well known for its outdoor and more old school offerings.
Thanks, whilst it's probably not really where I plan on heading it's a small country so shouldn't really be too serious a diversion, and sounds like it could be well worth it for a hearty stash of nice mellow herbs. Besides, my only real objections to Amsterdam are the price of accommodation and the busyness, and I'm sure that they could be tolerated for a day, and there are some nice places to see heading out south east like Muiden, Naarden, and the Utrechtse Heuvelrug.
Freewheeling

Post by Freewheeling »

Lemming wrote: Thu 7th Sep 2023 06:26 pmFor places where those specific strains have been seen recently, see here
It doesn't seem to have had a mention on here before, but t'Klavertje just outside Amersfoort (near the A1 and A28 junction) has had a regular supply of Mexican Sativa whenever I have stopped by between about 2017 and 2022. It has gone from being an okayish place for a smoke to rolling only for smoking elsewhere (and no vaping either) during that period. I read that they have been closed temporarily due to a run in with the law over having lots of drugs and cash. Personally I hope that they return to normal business again in the future, although it's a bit out of the way for anyone walking or using public transport.
Freewheeling

Post by Freewheeling »

Not strictly outside the Randstad, but if in Utrecht 't Grasje, a little walk out of town heading eastish, currently has a nice looking selection of outdoor grown weed. Although they did have Thai (presumably imported with lots of seeds, sticks, and compressed) I assume that most of it is probably grown locally (NL).