Diesel still around

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
The_b_team

Diesel still around

Post by The_b_team »

Going to Amsterdam in March, I know it’s hard to predict what strains will be around then, but does anyone know if any coffee shops still have good diesel strains? Any variant

Been going dam regularly for the last 10/11 years and been difficult to find in recent years, I prefer to smoke mainly Dutch when I go Amsterdam as Cali is everywhere in the U.K. so I prefer to go dam for a more classic smoke.

Any help appreciated.

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Diesel still around

Post by Lemming »

You can find shops that have had diesel strains recently via this index:

Strain names containing 'Diesel'

Maybe more regular visitors can tell you which ones are good.

Enjoy your trip!
giabaohome

Post by giabaohome »

The_b_team wrote: Mon 8th Jan 2024 12:03 pm Going to Amsterdam in March, I know it’s hard to predict what strains will be around then, but does anyone know if any coffee shops still have good diesel strains? Any variant

Been going dam regularly for the last 10/11 years and been difficult to find in recent years, I prefer to smoke mainly Dutch when I go Amsterdam as Cali is everywhere in the U.K. so I prefer to go dam for a more classic smoke.

Any help appreciated.
You can ask other people or staff there. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Only place I seen any diesel strains this week was the NYCD at 420. And its always in stock.
The_b_team

Post by The_b_team »

jollylittlehun wrote: Wed 10th Jan 2024 12:30 pm Only place I seen any diesel strains this week was the NYCD at 420. And its always in stock.
Thanks Jolly, just checked their menu and it seems to be on every one going back years, so think that’ll be my best bet if getting it. Appreciate the recommendation. Gotta say I’ve walked back this shop many many times on my trips but never thought to stick my head in and have a look, that’ll change this time 🤣
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Yeah aside from 420 which has carried it forever, sadly hard to find these days. Only things I can remember seeing are;

- Katsu had Zowahh, listed as Sour Diesel x Zkittlez last month, I kinda like the sound of that but idk how 'diesely' it would be.
- Bagheera has had Grapefruit Diesel (for a very reasonable €10/g) not long ago but its not on the most recent menu. I bought the same strain from Baba just over a year ago, it was pretty decent and was at least reminiscent of a classic.

And somewhere else I can't remember had a couple of diesel strains listed but crossed out somewhat recently, I think it was quite far out of the centre so may not be that worth searching out.
The_b_team

Post by The_b_team »

Not_the_monk wrote: Fri 12th Jan 2024 05:52 pm Yeah aside from 420 which has carried it forever, sadly hard to find these days. Only things I can remember seeing are;

- Katsu had Zowahh, listed as Sour Diesel x Zkittlez last month, I kinda like the sound of that but idk how 'diesely' it would be.
- Bagheera has had Grapefruit Diesel (for a very reasonable €10/g) not long ago but its not on the most recent menu. I bought the same strain from Baba just over a year ago, it was pretty decent and was at least reminiscent of a classic.

And somewhere else I can't remember had a couple of diesel strains listed but crossed out somewhat recently, I think it was quite far out of the centre so may not be that worth searching out.
Appreciate the advice, I think yo-yo but further down south in the city has some aswell. Which I’m looking to do a whole day visiting the coffee shops down the south part as not been to that area before, and as we’re staying in vinkeveen we’ll be passing that area anyway.

Anyone tried the diesel from 420 cafe recently, any good?
winnie

Post by winnie »

I tried a gram yesterday. I was curious after seeing your post. It didn’t have that characteristic strong plastic smell that I remember but there was definitely a hint of it.
It was a really nice smoke in a bong, smooth and clean. It had a very nice high, very cerebral but a distinct body buzz too. I smoke amnesia or super silver mostly and it was noticeably stronger than either of these. I’m no connoisseur but I hope that helps.
It’s 14 a gram which is too much for a daily puff but I’ll certainly pick some up again when I’m passing.
420 was absolutely buzzing with happy punters. It was lovely to see on a Saturday afternoon.
The_b_team

Post by The_b_team »

Thanks for the review Winnie! Not long till I’m back there now, only just over a month
Taylorsedan

Post by Taylorsedan »

Yeah, from what I've seen, diesel strains aren't as common these days, but you might still stumble upon them occasionally. Your safest bet would be hitting up spots like Grey Area or Barney's.