La Tertulia

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate La Tertulia

I like La Tertulia.
92%
I don't like La Tertulia.
8%

Total votes: 63

Max Flower

La Tertulia

Post by Max Flower »

Le Tertulia reminds me of the sort of coffeeshop that mom might own, as it has a very relaxed, kind and non threatening atmosphere.

In fact it's run by a mother and daughter team who have quite the cool little place to stop in for a smoke.
The shop itself is bright, open and airy and features a bit of an indoor garden and a mezzanine from which one can perch and watch the world go by.

Fronting onto the Prisengracht, it offers lovely canal views and tables by the water in nice weather. They make excellent milkshakes and yummy toasties, I've not tried the gear from here yet so can't comment either way there.

If you're tired of the usual bustling noisy shops of the centrum, then_ do _stop in here, just look for the large mural of Van Gogh painted on the outside.

ACD La Tertulia page

MF

Boner

Post by Boner »

I shant vote as I'm a little bit in the middle, the shop and staff are excellent but the weed I had was nothing special and had a very soapy taste which would of been down to the growers.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
FloridaPothead

Post by FloridaPothead »

I didn't buy their weed, but I bought their brownies and they were the second best of the trip (Pink Floyd's space cake straight from the oven just ruled), but I did go back the next day for more brownies and they were closed. Awww.
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

FloridaPothead, you must have really covered some ground. Thanks for the reporting!
someone

Great coffee shop

Post by someone »

I loved this cafe. Sitting by the canal drinking coffee having a spliff while listening to Lou Reed. Being surrounded by crystals was a bonus.
Little old lady from near Pasadena. (Auckland NZ)
smokestaxlitenin

La Tertulia

Post by smokestaxlitenin »

how come i never see anything written about the two lovely ladies who run La Tertulia C/S......my last visit experienced some amnesia haze that had me rockin'....and it takes alot to do me in....seems like a perfect stop while visiting Anne frank house & westerkerk area........coffeeshop johnny is a friendly stop, too.
don't panic...smoke some organic....
smokestaxlitenin

:P i love this place....always the first and last place I smoke on each trip.....
smokestaxlitenin

totally beat weed last week...farewell la tertulia....
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I feel the weed has become very poor at this place (shame). But on the other hand you can get some good food still and its a good location so still worth a visit with some other CS gear.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Kermit wrote:I feel the weed has become very poor at this place (shame). But on the other hand you can get some good food still and its a good location so still worth a visit with some other CS gear.
well on a recent visit i purchased NYCD which was average if that, and some Bubble gum which again was average.
Would still visit again as i love the shop and the Big cup of Coffee was the best i had on the trip.
Love it :D

Also do some weed in euro 5 bags which is ideal for newb smokers or those wanting to try a variation of strains on the cheap :wink:
extremepain

Post by extremepain »

Their iceolator 5 gm hash coins are pretty amazing if anyone has tried them. I smoke lots of hash, and it was one of the finer ice hashes I purchased there. I also believe, and Milehigh can verify for me, they have those tasty kickass chocolate bars? they were great for the flight back to the u.s.
How am I not myself?
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

They do a really powerful chocolatty space cake for €5...too sweet for me but,fuck i slept well that night... :wink:
"That cats something i can't explain"
extremepain

Post by extremepain »

Love that photo of Syd, Darkglobe. I toyed with making my screenname "Arnold Layne".
How am I not myself?
Clayman

Post by Clayman »

this place was a great quiet shop to have a few joints and read national geographic back issues in. a+ for having my favorite read.
2 punk rockers in the Big Smokey 4/3-4/9
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

extremepain wrote:Love that photo of Syd, Darkglobe. I toyed with making my screenname "Arnold Layne".
LOL...I always planned on calling my first born daughter Emily,but only ever had boys...never called either one Arnold tho :) ...Although my second son does have Zappa as a middle name...as he was born shortly after the great man sadly died :cry: ...
"That cats something i can't explain"