Pot Compounds Inhibit Oral Cancers, Study Says

Cannabis sans frontieres.
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

25 June 2010

Syracuse, NY--(ENEWSPF)--June 25, 2010. The administration of the plant cannabinoids delta-8-THC and delta-9-THC inhibit cellular respiration and tumor growth in human oral cancer cells, according to preclinical trial data published in the June issue of the journal Pharmacology.

Investigators at the State University of New York (SUNY), Upstate Medical University in Syracuse assessed the anticancer properties of delta-8-THC and delta-9-THC in the human oral cancer cell line Tu183, which is highly resistant to conventional anticancer drugs.

Researchers reported that the administration of THC resulted in a "rapid decline" in cellular respiration in malignant cells. By contrast, investigators found that the administration of the endogenous cannabinoid anandamide was "ineffective" as an anticancer agent.

"These results show the cannabinoids are potent inhibitors of Tu183 cellular respiration and are toxic to this highly malignant tumor," researchers concluded.

Last year, investigators from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island reported that the moderate long-term use of marijuana in humans "was associated with a significantly reduced risk of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma."

A 2008 scientific review published in the journal Cancer Research previously reported that cannabinoids inhibit the proliferation of a wide range of cancers, including brain cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, pancreatic cancer, and lymphoma.

Source

Cannabis is The Tree of Life
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

DC, anything you want to say about this?
I mean, this is no Rick Simpson claiming its a wonderdrug ;)
DC

Post by DC »

Yeah I've got something to say....How about you take yer tongue out of Puffin's arse. :wink:

If you'd care to actually read what I say you'd see I think Rick Simpson is a fucking moron, not THC. Also it would be nice to see the actual trials....instead of somebodies opinion of them. Even then, that opinion still wasn't Puffin's. :roll:
Iko

Post by Iko »

Smoke is bad.
It is that simple.
Yes, there are tons of good things in pot, but the average person still smokes it which negates most of the health benefits.
Not to mention the tobacco you may add, the chemicals on the rolling paper ( bleach and arsenic ), possible fertalisers in the pot etc etc.
If your talking eating pot, then we can have a different conversation, because the human body was not meant to digest smoke.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

DC wrote:Yeah I've got something to say....How about you take yer tongue out of Puffin's arse. :wink:

If you'd care to actually read what I say you'd see I think Rick Simpson is a fucking moron, not THC. Also it would be nice to see the actual trials....instead of somebodies opinion of them. Even then, that opinion still wasn't Puffin's. :roll:
I was not as serious as you may think.....this was more like a joke.
no offense man :)
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

DC wrote:Yeah I've got something to say....How about you take yer tongue out of Puffin's arse. :wink:

As usual, you're just a ray of fuckin sunshine. :roll:
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
DC

Post by DC »

This ray of fucking sunshine is ready to stand toe to toe with you in a conversation about MMJ anyday of the week. Why don't ya put on yer "I can't stand music played anything louder than quiet' ear muffs on and come round and see me. Probably a waste of time though because as usual, you're yer normal opinionless self on the subject, instead regurgitating others. I usually avoid yer posts now because of it, but ya can thank yer pal Shady for inviting me into this one. For the rest to come though, you can now thank yerself. :wink: :roll:
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

DC wrote:This ray of fucking sunshine is ready to stand toe to toe with you in a conversation about MMJ anyday of the week. Why don't ya put on yer "I can't stand music played anything louder than quiet' ear muffs on and come round and see me. Probably a waste of time though because as usual, you're yer normal opinionless self on the subject, instead regurgitating others. I usually avoid yer posts now because of it, but ya can thank yer pal Shady for inviting me into this one. For the rest to come though, you can now thank yerself. :wink: :roll:
since there will be the day where we will be coming to your bar, I will not discuss this here, because it seems you got me totaly wrong here....hope you got the vaporizer ready on that day so we can discuss it ;)
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

I think the point is Shady that on this forum it is difficult to have an actual debate on MMJ because;

1) Alot of the evidence is just certain websites interpretations of studies,
2) When arguing against none of the points are actually answered,
3) It quickly turns into people being accused of being a prick and the points don't get addressed again.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

you`re totaly right.
I dont think there is one party which is right on this topic, as always the truth lies somewhere inbetween ;)
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

sh@dy wrote:you`re totaly right.
I dont think there is one party which is right on this topic, as always the truth lies somewhere inbetween ;)
Indeed, i agree with that 100%.
Defeating evil with a thing called love