the freaks and constant bullshit they post

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Rez

the freaks and constant bullshit they post

Post by Rez »

Lemming, I'm sorry to say mate that the freaks that are now on board are really beggining to ruin this forum...

I would like to know how you felt about spilling the beans on the user/s concerned. Maybe you should make the "problem" members details public...?

IP address / e-mail address, whatever it takes.

fuck the freaks off before this forum loses alot of valued members...

members such as Tony Kan, TWT and whateve other names are being used bring nothing of any worth to the forum, certainly nothing that has anything to do with Amsterdam, coffeeshops and weed... which is what this place is all about.

for all i care the freaks can post what they want about this post (i'm sure it's only be a matter of minutes before they do)... they/him whoever can go the fuck to hell and rot...

Rez - the bacon eating - overweight - white - christian - pissed off with the freak show - in_8ed

"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
Twitch

Re: the freaks and constant bullshit they post

Post by Twitch »

Rezin_8_ed wrote:Lemming, I'm sorry to say mate that the freaks that are now on board are really beggining to ruin this forum...

I would like to know how you felt about spilling the beans on the user/s concerned. Maybe you should make the "problem" members details public...?

IP address / e-mail address, whatever it takes.

fuck the freaks off before this forum loses alot of valued members...

members such as Tony Kan, TWT and whateve other names are being used bring nothing of any worth to the forum, certainly nothing that has anything to do with Amsterdam, coffeeshops and weed... which is what this place is all about.

for all i care the freaks can post what they want about this post )i'm sure it's only be a matter of minutes before they do)... they/him whoever can go the fuck to hell and rot...

Rez - the bacon eating - overweight - white - christian - pissed off with the freak show - in_8ed
Yeah, what he said. No offense to any members of channels, but this forum is starting to look like the politics forum on channels, real wild west, no law in town, no rules just chaos and anarchy, and not in a good way. If you saw what they did on channels under my name it would shock you. Luckily a mod. deleated the thread as soon as I responded to it. Please don't let this forum fall apart. This was my first forum and I have a certain loyalty to it, but that can only go so far. Something really needs to be done about this problem, and I'm not sure that the argument clinic is the answer.
Old School and Proud of It.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

I third the motion (if that wasn't already clear).

I am also working on finding out more about the 'ignore' feature and how it may be able to be implemented here. That obvioulsy wouldn't solve the problem but it could possibly the most effective band-aid we have.
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

Hear Hear.

We are all fed up with being dragged into a meaningless, unconstructive, negative rant purely because of pretty much one persons lack of creativity with a tendancy to flame other people in order to get some attention. I am wrong to respond...we all are.

Maybe we should start a thread about what everyone thinks we should do. This would kill 2 birds with one stone as he would also get his attention with a thread dedicated to him. He wont go away until we all deal with it in the same manner. I think so anyway, but as you''ve already seen, I can be a tool sometimes too. :oops:

But do we become dictators if we tell somebody who'll never change to change ? (if that makes sense)

Its all confusing to me. I dont find him any sort of threat as I can see he is as weak as a kitten purely by what he does.My wife could slap him about without a doubt. I was enjoying taking the piss out of him as he does it to others, to give him a taste of his own medicine, but it can all go too far.

Whats the sustainable answer to this O' wise members of this majestic community? Maybe some of you like to read it and have a good laugh, maybe it really gets you down to the point where you dont want to come back. How do we do this people? :?:
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

hi lem, I have to say that I agree with these ppl. I got to the point of not even reading anything Tony Con or Twat write. People like this are very abusive and if you repsond to them you are feeding into their illness. I thought the arguement section was a good one at first but then I realized that these freaks will still spill it over to a good post. I just dont read the arguement section but I do read the rest of them and unfortunately I am subjected to them again. Anyway I have to no plans to leave your forum, but I will continue to ignore the pests of the world. peace
I need a miracle everyday
Rez

Post by Rez »

well, you could go down the road of a group IGNORE of anything the freak posts but that doesn't stop the forum getting clogged up with a pile of shit...

imagine the effects the freaks could have on potential new and worthy members... i certainly would'nt bother with a forum that was in this state.

yes, agreed, there is an element of humour in all of this but sorry, verbal abuse and name calling has no place here.

sorry to rant on but there are a lot of worthy members here (and the group IS growing) but... how long do we accomidate the freaks and why the hell should the general state of the forum go downhill in an attempt to keep them happy...

maybe it's just me being me, but if a memebr conducted themselves in a way that offended multiple long term members they would be booted. simple as that...

maybe the "argument clinic" is the answer but allowing the freaks to post what they want, where they want and then moving the offensive posts into the argument clinic would ultimately leave the forum with just one catagory, one that would need a name change too.... ?

do we not have a set of unspoken rules - ettiquette... ?

apparently not ... now that is a shame

*EDIT* Maz; you mentioned adding hacks, hasn't that been suggested bfore...?

Lemming; this is not an attack directed at you, sincerely... but something needs to be done.
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
DC

Post by DC »

whitefolks wrote:Yes, lets get rid of those two darkies, ruining a serious forum for everybody else.
Y'know, if yer stuck for yer next name after this one gets banned....may I be so bold as to suggest the old Irish name of affection 'Knob Jockey'. Has a sort of ring to it, don't ya think?. Plus, for some reason....it just seems to fit. :wink:
Kaiser Saucy

Post by Kaiser Saucy »

trolls all have one thing in common....they are attention seekers!!!

They hurl abuse at people because it gets them the attention they crave, doesnt matter to them whether its positive or negative.

Ive seen on plenty of other forums that if they are ignored, they eventually move on somewhere else. But for it to work 'everyone' has to ignore them, its no good if two or three people always rise to whatever garbage the troll is posting.

if you dont trust yourself not to post something back...skim past the trolls posts so you dont even need to read them.

Dont feed the troll!!! :wink:
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

Lets just admit its that douche named Tony Kan. Lets burn that mother fucker at the stake!

edit: I was just kidding. I didn't literally mean burn him at the stake. Though, he still does have the attributes of a douche.
Last edited by Nugs on Mon 4th Dec 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I’ve had a busy weekend and haven’t looked at the forum. Now I find that there are a vast number of new posts. There are also a huge number of new spam memberships to be dealt with when I get a spare moment.

I notice that the poisonous individual “Truth” has re-appeared in a couple of guises. He is now removed again.

Since I created the “Argument Clinic”, as a way of keeping crap out of the rest of the forum, it’s become by far the most popular section! I haven’t read all of the stuff in there because I don’t have the time or, frankly, the inclination. What is noticeable, though, is that most of the posts are not from antagonists, they are from the forum regulars.

Sorry if this sounds patronising but, I can’t be here all of the time to keep order. On a public forum anyone can join and say anything. An odd post of this nature is easily removed and the poster will most likely not return. If, on the other hand, such a post gets a pile of replies then, by the time I find it, there are pages and pages of conversation between the regulars and the newcomer.

I know this has been said before and DC in particular has said some wise words on the subject but, this your forum and the solution is in your hands. If you judge a new member to be a “troll” then ignore them. Don’t reply to their posts.

As far as I know, at this time all sections of the forum except Argument Clinic are free of spam and trolling. If you’re not interested in pointless arguments then steer clear of this section. If nobody but trolls read that section and post in it then it’ll soon fade away.
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

Yea people. Lets go for it. Ignore posts and pms.

When you come across those types in the Dam....we ignore them dont we? (usually!)...and they soon go away!

Lets just see how long he will talk to himself for shall we?!
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

After having just been over parts of the rest of the forum and seeing just how many troll droppings have been cleaned out of the place all I can say is GOOD JOB

My only concern all along had been that it would over run the forum kind of like if your favorite shop or pub was over run by mindless racist graffiti and the trash was never picked up no matter how much you like the place sooner or later your feelings would change and out the door people would start to go.

But looks like now there is a plan to eliminate the trolls as much as is possible from the rest of the forum when they poke their little heads up.

As far as the argument clinic goes well that is Lemmings call I personally still can not decide if it is a good or bad one but with our limits on technology I certainly can see the reasoning behind the idea and as long as they are CONFINED there I can certainly live with that....(I also think the novelty of that section may wear off soon after everyone has had their peak at the new troll in the basement or should that be the new troll in the zoo....either way unless your really into trolls the novelty of a new attraction soon wears off).

At the moment Maz's idea on an ignore button is definitely a winner the list may get really long until the trolls see the light and move on but it is a sure way to slow them down and make them work much harder coming up with a new fake persona every time they want to post and eventually they just may get tired of all the work once they realize that nobody is really reading their stuff anymore but just going straight for the ignore button.

Anyway thanks for all the hard work Lemming between the trolls and spammers that's time in your day.
******* World Wide Legal *******
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I see the Argument Clinic is still very popular. All of the recent posts seem to be from established members though. This is bizarre! Are you arguing with each other? :shock: Or maybe goading TK and Truth in hope of provoking a reaction? Are you missing them already? :?

Ah well. :roll: Hope to have a main site update soon. Had a few more shops covered recently.
Kaiser Saucy

Post by Kaiser Saucy »

cool

looking forward to it Lemming
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Site update is ready for upload but I've got some hardware issues so it'll be a bit delayed. :(