May 30th - June 2nd

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Rara_wid

May 30th - June 2nd

Post by Rara_wid »

ImageDay 1 - arrived at the airport bright and early . Flight delayed by 30 minutes but nothing at this point is killing my excitement :D
Airport passenger control went very smoothly and onto the train we go , Amsterdam centraal we are on way !
Walk out of the station to that familiar noise of the trams and the hustle and bustle of this lovely city.
We decide to grab some quick buy and fly before heading to our hotel from terps army 1
Pink runtz- was either 13e or 15e but was possibly the best smoke of the trip
Kosher kush - was nice but had a unfamiliar very hazey lemony smell to it , had better examples of the strain
Finally we set off on the number 13 tram to our hotel , we booked this hotel on the basis of it having a balcony something I haven’t ever really experienced before. The stair case was your typical Amsterdam staircase ! 4 flights, tight ,narrow ,steep , this was a struggle on way up after a long day , but all in all I would highly recommend the Alp hotel purely for the balcony alone.
Now we are checked in we pop literally across the street to Albert Heijn another reason we booked here was having this literally across the road, stocked up we head out for a wander.
Mr K
Shop was quiet with upstairs being painted it seemed , purchased a gram of shoreline ,
Shoreline - 15e great example of the strain which is a lot harder to find now in Amsterdam, intense euphoria high slightly brings on anxiety :lol:, We Sat by the window and enjoyed people watching as everyone passed by.
We now had a doze of the “munchies” we headed over to domino’s pizza for a quick pizza to go , back at the hotel we ate our pizzas in a stoned state.
After freshening up we went a wander and ended up in 1e hulp which is only 5 mins from our hotel. Budtender was a lovely guy spoke away to me and my partner telling us his favourites from the menu etc , having ran out of zkittlez I looked at 2 other strains but weren’t taking my liking , finally I puchased a gram of donkey butter very nice kush like strain which did exactly what I was looking for, after spending around 2 hours here in the small booth downstairs at the back , we stumble outside to see it’s still beautiful outside, we stroll along to the plug west again only 5 mins from our hotel , I purchase a gram of the Dutch runtz very nice strain really enjoyed it , typical runtz flavour profile and look to the bud , my partner seems absolutely mesmerised by the parrot they have and spent a good 10 mins just speaking to it !
We now head back to our room with the balcony in mind , we roll up and smoke the night away.
Great first day in the city , day 2 will be posted soon.

AzLaker

Re: May 30th - June 2nd

Post by AzLaker »

Looks like a nice first day. You jumped right in and made some nice purchases already. :mrgreen:
Thanks for taking the time and letting us enjoy your vacation. :clap:
Looking forward to day two.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Nice. Sounds like you hit the ground running. The Plug West has a parrot? No way! Does it have an amusing stoner name like 1e Hulps Rizla (rip), I'm thinking Camberwell Parrot :mrgreen:
Thanks for the write up, looking forward to day 2
Rara_wid

Post by Rara_wid »

Day 2

Day 2 in the Smokey city of Amsterdam, my partner is sleeping in this morning, fully making the most of our time child free ! Me on the other hand is wide awake like a kid on Christmas Day. I leave my partner to sleep in for a hour or 2 and decide to go a morning stroll. First stop is the Albert heijn for a croissant and some sugar ring donuts, I genuinely must of polished off a pack of 5 of these daily! Now I’m on the move 1 e Hulp for a quick wake and bake , I go for the amnesia by soma , not particularly a haze smoker but it felt the right strain at the right time , this was a great example of the strain and at 10e a gram you defo get your value for money, I sit and have a latte roll up and try to piece together a plan for today. Time to head back to the room and wake up my partner. After around an hour of her getting ready etc we try the rest of the amnesia out on the balcony this delivers the energetic effect I was hoping for. Tram 13 into centraal as a start base for us to explore more central today , we take a stroll down Haarlemmerstraat, pass by grey area and back round to coffeeshop Amsterdam cafe for a quick drink and smoke , the weather is absolutely amazing today and we luckily get a seat outside in there small terrace , we chill here for around 1 hour then I pop round to coffeeshop Amsterdam for a red velvet space cake , these aren’t ever that strong I feel but me and my partner really enjoy the actual flavour of these cakes it’s a bit reminiscent I think for us as we buy them every trip and sit at coffeeshop Amsterdam cafe to eat them , might I add the cafes coffee is some of the best in the city really nice latte made. We then head over to prix d’ami , this shop gets a bad rep as a pure tourist trap at times which is fair but there’s no denying minus there weed it’s a good spot for chilling , I get a cheese toastie and vanilla milkshake my parter has toast and scrambled egg no denying the food and milkshake where great, I purchased a gram of Gary Payton out of courtesy more than anything it was only 12.50e I don’t remember it being anything special. We then set off on a bit of a sight seeing coffeeshop tour , we want to get to bagheera but decide to do a tour just for scenic purposes on the way , we start at voyagers go on past het gelderse , the shops at Nieuwmarkt until we get to bagheera, great shop weathers still fantastic so we look to sit outside but it’s completely full unfortunately so we head inside , purchase a gram of Lemmon bubble again I’m not a big haze smoker but when in Amsterdam it only seems right to try some.We chill here for around an hour or 2 the tv’s have YouTube clips on so it’s easy find yourself glued to these with no concept of time. We stumble out of bagheera and head back to coffeeshop Amsterdam cafe , couple of drinks are ordered we sit for a smoke , I nip round quickly to greenplace 2 and treat myself to some yellow zushi , 28e a gram very pricey but I’m on my holiday after all. We decide to keep this for our balcony smoke tonight, our stomachs are growling and a long day of walking , I check Google maps and it says fat Phil’s is 15 minute walk away so fat Phil’s it is , now I absolutely loved the food here not sure if it was slightly flawed by how high I was but I would highly recommend it regardless! Time to head back to hotel area. It’s now around 8 o’clock by this point so we decided to hit up 1e hulp for a smoke as it was too early for the balcony yet in our minds , blue cookies purchased I believe it was around 14e a gram , nothing special but burned clean etc , it’s around 10 pm when we come out and we head back to the room for the balcony and some yellow zushi , great smoke not the best batch I’ve tried of this strain I would personally say the pink runtz from terps army was better for half the price but as I said earlier it was a holiday treat for us. We smoke the night away on the balcony, the room tv seems to have some satellite channels and the last I remember is watching young Sheldon on Comedy Central before dozing off to sleep, another great day had! Day 3 coming soon ……
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Very nice read again, thanks. :clap: I loved your coffeeshop crawl around Amsterdam.

You guys bounced around and hit some nice shops, definitely sounded like a wonderful day. :D

Bring on day 3.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Rara_wid

Post by Rara_wid »

Day 3

Last full day ! We sleep in until around 12 very late start for me who is normally up and out early but we are kid free and make most of the chance to get some sleep. When booking the hotel we firstly couldn’t get anymore than 2 nights booked but closer to the time another day became available so we added it on but it meant changing room for the last night. Not a big issue still had a balcony and only change was the room was smaller. So after sorting this out with reception they say come back around 3 we will have everything sorted. Tram 13 it is we are on a mission to try the famous van stapele cookies , luckily we queue no more than 5 minutes and we are in ! These cookies were absolutely lovely the hype seemed real. After this we go a small coffeeshop tour again for scenic purposes,strain hunters , coffeeshop tweede karmer, Tyson coffeeshop and new times all passed. We then get a quick smoke at our spot coffeeshop Amsterdam cafe then head back to hotel to sort our room.The room is sorted and we get showered and ready . Cannable royale is dinner tonight and again I don’t know if being so high alters my taste buds but the meal was absolutely beautiful, steak was lovely. It’s now around 6 I believe and I always wanted to visit Coffeeshop La Tertulia and it’s 10 mins away on Google maps so we get going . On arrival I can only say the shop is absolutely beautiful inside very neighbourhood vibe , the budtender spends time making your visit feel very personable, the weed though wasn’t great and pre bagged but I can’t fault the service received it was possibly the best during the whole visit but the weed wasn’t great. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here but it was closing shortly so we smoke up and head on. We are extremely tired by this time and in two minds to head into centrum, we decide against this and stock up on snacks and spend the night on the balcony , I have bags with little bits full in my little bag so cocktails it is all night mixing up the strains. We are on the front this time so it’s quite hustle and bustle outside but we enjoy people watching into the early hours. Fantastic trip is nearly at an end and we get some sleep knowing we have a few hours tomorrow as we don’t have to be at Schiphol until around 4pm. Day 4 soon…
Rara_wid

Post by Rara_wid »

Day 4- last day we fly out around 7pm , we have a good sleep in and check out slightly late around midday , tram 13 it is into centrum with our cases. As per normal habits we first sit and have a nice coffee at coffeeshop Amsterdam cafe was the best latte of the trips in here consistently . It’s around 2 o’clock now and we are going to head to the airport around 4pm, I really wanted to visit solo but hadn’t got around to it so we decided to go and buy a gram and blaze one last smoke before heading to the airport. On arrival at solo we were greeted so welcoming by a slightly older lady , really nice and made you feel comfortable, great customer service, they have a machine to pay for your purchases that’s like a self service checkout at a supermarket! Very cool , accepts cash or card I believe it was installed during covid times to prevent the handling of cash but it is a cool system , zkittlez 2.0 purchased, really nice smoke great value for money, we sit and people watch thinking of the trip we just had , was such a great trip for me and my partner , time together kid free was awesome. We gather our stuff and decided it’s time to go after chilling for nearly 2 hours , can I add as you all know toilets can be such a nuisance when in Amsterdam from needing to pay to them being downright filthy , solo had the cleanest toilet I have ever seen in a coffeeshop. We head off , with the change in rules recently I couldn’t do my normal walk and smoke to the train station but it is what it is .

Highlights of the trip
Pink runtz terps army
Coffeeshop La Tertulia (Beautiful inside)
Fat Phil’s ( ultimate stoner spot for munch)
Until next time ………..
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the travelogue, @Rara_wid. I love reading these reports.
La Tertulia is one of my favourites too.
Rara_wid

Post by Rara_wid »

Thanks Lemming and also thanks to everyone who took time to read it .