Abraxas

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Abraxas

I like Abraxas
90%
I don't like Abraxas
10%

Total votes: 163

Smokey McPot

Re: Abraxas

Post by Smokey McPot »

Absolutely packed out when we went on Saturday afternoon so did a buy n fly
Hawaiian was a nice smoke but I still don't like the pre bagged idea

If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Loofimax

Post by Loofimax »

I tried Skunk joints from Abraxas, and it was pretty good !
And this each time, for the moment 2 !
seouleast70

Post by seouleast70 »

Stopped in from the rain. Met the cutest little bar tender. She got the last of the gifts I brought from Korea. I would've taken her back home if....
Anyways, still the nice little packed coffeeshop, but if you wait for 5 minutes, you'll find a seat.
Funny how they watch people buy drinks then walk downstairs. You know the only thing that is downstairs other than their office are the bathrooms???

Great to watch them with hands loaded with bud, paper, drinks, wallet.....
Simple steps taken could've prevented that. But.... upstairs is just upstairs. More seating. Period.

Weed was strong. Hash was ok. I've not been too impressed with the hash so far.
Hmm....wake and bake writing has got me all messed up. Sleep for 2 more hours.

Peace
Not long now....
archtop1971

Post by archtop1971 »

My home away from home.
Awesome.
There was an American budtender(I think his name was Brian? not sure) I told him that I did not smoke for almost 25 years because of my profession(Random Drug testing in N.Y.)
He was very well educated in his merchandise and also told me that the staff takes courses from the Cannabis College and the museum as well to keep up.
Was he excellent.
Started me off with some Purple Haze and then after a day or two, worked up to some Morrocan(Super Pollum: not sure)
Just like the old days.
Forgot to mention that the hot chocolate:the dark variation
was so delicious.
The waitresses who served and prepared the dark hot chocolate were top notch.
The hot chocolate is not spiked but there are brownies that are laced.
they looked so good but did not attempt it.
Was afraid that I would get too stoned.
It was only a couple of blocks from my hotel and the narrow street that it is on looks intimidating but seems really cool.
Will definetly be back on my next trip :mrgreen:
Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

archtop1971 wrote:My home away from home.
Awesome.
There was an American budtender(I think his name was Brian? not sure) I told him that I did not smoke for almost 25 years because of my profession(Random Drug testing in N.Y.)
He was very well educated in his merchandise and also told me that the staff takes courses from the Cannabis College and the museum as well to keep up.
Was he excellent.
Started me off with some Purple Haze and then after a day or two, worked up to some Morrocan(Super Pollum: not sure)
Just like the old days.
Forgot to mention that the hot chocolate:the dark variation
was so delicious.
The waitresses who served and prepared the dark hot chocolate were top notch.
The hot chocolate is not spiked but there are brownies that are laced.
they looked so good but did not attempt it.
Was afraid that I would get too stoned.
It was only a couple of blocks from my hotel and the narrow street that it is on looks intimidating but seems really cool.
Will definetly be back on my next trip :mrgreen:
You would have been safe with the hash brownies. They just give you a mild-moderate stoney buzz, at most, and taste decent (well, decent for hash brownies). I've had them on a few trips; I always ate them at night when I was blitzed and they provided a nice prelude to a comfortable, sound sleep. The coffeeshop is what it is: a tourist cs that's closer than any other to Dam Square. A good place to get your bearings, take inventory of your stash, smoke some of your stash there, get a drink, and use their internet before going out. As far as their gear goes, it's a good place for new smokers and those with low tolerances. They have some of the usual suspects and, while not the strongest or most incredible weed, from what I can recall, it's still pretty decent stuff for a nice, moderate high/stone. I never tried the Hawaiian Haze, which is usually at the top of their menu. I've always like the colored mosaics! Little colorful or decorative touches like that are always interesting to me given the state of mind I'm usually in when I visit Mokum. :lol:
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
FW Spencer

Post by FW Spencer »

Probably my favourite place only my first visit (and it was the first cs we stumbled into, quite by accident!) though I'll have to check out even more competition whenI return in a few months.

Friendly staff, great atmosphere, free internet, Hawaiian Haze hitting the giggly sweet spot. Only gripe was that after reading so many scare stories about the strength of brownies and muffins, the one I ate before my flight home was barely discernible. Oh, one other gripe! They played the last Drake album through in its entirety and that is one monotonous piece of work. Quickly remedied when they put on that Q-Tip solo album, thankfully only playing the three or so good tracks from it.

Even so, I am truly gutted this is one of the cs's being phased out. I could picture myself hanging out and writing here if I were ever to move to Amsterdam.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

I think the main Abraxas is not closing. Isn't it the one that was Chocolata on Spuistraat is the one that is closing?
FW Spencer

Post by FW Spencer »

Ah! That's goodish news. Still a shame that branch is being closed though; I admit I was unaware of it.
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Space cakes from here are awesome, I love the taste of them I would buy them even without THC.

They taste a bit like a hit from my volcano vaporizer :-D
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Frequented both Abraxas branches on the weekend, and both get a big thumbs up from me. Friendly service, never felt pushed to buy drinks, and allowed to smoke weed from other shops, no questions asked. Abraxas One served well as both a group stop with friends, and a romantic little night spot for just myself and my girlfriend.

Didn't try any of the weed, but a friend bought some Apple Jack that he seemed happy with. I did try both the Skunk and Haze pre-rolls, though. The haze joint was pretty good, and the skunk was really nice, a heavy hitter for 3.50.
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Scousestoner

Abraxas

Post by Scousestoner »

The word tourist trap for me is defined by this shithole, went there for a smoke while my gf was shopping . First off a guy In front of me asked to see there ssh . The bud tender then explained that he couldn't keep going back and forth showing there product as it was too time consuming . Needless to say the guy was baffled as the shop was quite empty and left. Next up me after the seeing the budtender was a little stressed I just ordered a gram of Apple jack , the guy the opened a draw right in front of him on the counter ( why did he bite the guys head off in front of me if the product is literally in front of his face ! I then sat outside to roll up . On inspection of the weed it was BROWN ,dry and had no smell , it looked as if the lights of the grow had burned the bud and it was in a non smoke able state. I picked out a mango haze that I had saved for emergency smoke and rolled on . Needless to say i will never ever come back to this tourist trap . Bad service and obviously they knew the weed was bad and tried to shift it to unsuspecting tourist like me . 0/10 weed 0/10 customer service . Stick to utopia or voyagers these guys I've never had a problem with , in fact it's a pleasure buying off them. These guys are con artists !
Wyndham

Post by Wyndham »

Looks like this one is closing too - TODAY! :( :shock:
We regret to inform you,
The mayor of Amsterdam Mr. van der Laan decided today that Abraxas should close its doors for an indefinite period of time from Tuesday 17th of February 2015 at 13:00hrs.
We will keep you informed on the current status of Abraxas.
Source

Edit - Closed temporarily due to an employee bringing Cocaine & MDMA into the shop
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 31#p381031
Scandalous Monk

Post by Scandalous Monk »

Coffeeshop Abraxas is now open again. Thank you all for the support and we hope to see you soon in Abraxas.
From FB :)
Lloydy

Post by Lloydy »

Scandalous Monk wrote:
Coffeeshop Abraxas is now open again. Thank you all for the support and we hope to see you soon in Abraxas.
From FB :)
Some good news for a change, thanks for the update :D
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

Abraxas Coffeeshop Re-Opens - Unfair Closure Appealed - Smokers Guide TV Amsterdam

Published on Mar 22, 2015
"http://smokersguide.com - After being closed for 5 weeks by the government, the Abraxas Coffeeshop is now open once again."