Abraxas

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Abraxas

I like Abraxas
90%
I don't like Abraxas
10%

Total votes: 163

THCproxy

Post by THCproxy »

Abraxas: This coffeeshop can be a bit tricky to find but is well worth the search. Despite the fact that it is one of the more busy and touristy coffeeshops, the interesting décor and relaxing atmosphere is worth the trip. Simply walk down Nieuwedzijds Voorburg heading south and after you pass Paleisstraat continue down Nieuwedzijds Voorburg until you see the Abraxas neon sign leading you into Jonge Roelensteeg. Purchased the Elephant for 9 Euros a gram but when weighed out was a little over, for 10 Euros to which I agreed. While it was nice to meet and speak with other American travelers, this coffeeshop was a little too crowded and touristy for me. Nonetheless, I had no trouble finding a table of my own, and enjoyed a nice joint. My only other complaint is that the buds are in glass jars under the counter and cannot be seen up close or smelled. Other than those minor things this is a decent place to go when visiting Amsterdam Centrum.

Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Awesome..

as has been said it is a bit touristy if that bothers you but we came 3 times and each time we got a seat, a good smoke and a pretty girl serving the coffees lol bliss the decor of the place is great
in fact im sitting at their pc writing this and will be sad to leave but i will be back next year :wink:
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
jmc007

Post by jmc007 »

Popped in here Wednesday, lovely clean little place, friendly female bud tender. Got a gramme of the John Sinclair and five grammes of the Abraxas special. The JS was beautiful, really nice smoke, probably fauvorite smoke of the trip; yet to try the special.
sliderd

Post by sliderd »

Juicy Fruit was a fun chill smoke.
tinky

Post by tinky »

John Sinclair €14 gram lovely smoke looked and tasted diffrent to alot of the other buds but smoked well and long high .

Also very pretty women serving always a bonus . Upstairs was pretty relaxed first time been here and would revisit
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

sliderd wrote:Juicy Fruit was a fun chill smoke.
When did you have this ?
f'ing loved juicy fruit , found it at Hunters in April but was gone by June ,couldn't find it anywhere else , would love it if I can have it again :) hopefully it will be around for 420 :)
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
tinky

Post by tinky »

ftcarer wrote:
When did you have this ?
f'ing loved juicy fruit , found it at Hunters in April but was gone by June ,couldn't find it anywhere else , would love it if I can have it again :) hopefully it will be around for 420 :)
pretty sure it was on the menu this past week
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

tinky wrote:
ftcarer wrote:
When did you have this ?
thankyou , i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a long time :lol:
don't remember the price atall do you , seem to remember Hunters version was E40?/5g
Wasn't super strong or anything just a really nice smooth smoke :)
tinky

Post by tinky »

ftcarer wrote:
tinky wrote:
ftcarer wrote: When did you have this ?
thankyou , i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a long time :lol:
don't remember the price atall do you , seem to remember Hunters version was E40?/5g
Wasn't super strong or anything just a really nice smooth smoke :)
around €8/9 cant say i remember was distracted by the stunning lady working there :D
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

around €8/9
cheers mate :)

cant say i remember was distracted by the stunning lady working there :D

:lol: :lol: fair play :wink:
smokseyj

Post by smokseyj »

has anyone tried the apple jack? i've always wanted to but never got around to it
Panog

Post by Panog »

One fo my friend bought it in december 09, it had a good taste but was definitely not a sativa !
wileykat

Re: Abraxas

Post by wileykat »

This became mine and the missus H.Q back in '09. We found it by accident in the morning after dropping our bags to the hotel.... I was supposed to start off slow!!!!! We were baked by 1030!

We were then back for at least 3 hours every day.

We were only buying 1 pre rolled to share every hour or so with about 2 drinks each per hour, not once did we feel pressured to spend more money in there like some other places. The staff were very friendly, offered to carry our drinks up the stairs for me once when I was mashed even though they were busy as hell at the bar, I declined the offer then lost half of my girlfriends hot chocolate on the way up. :oops:

There were a lot of tourists like us, but also local students I think, and everyone says hello, if they are just sitting close by, or walking past on their way in or out,.... that is just Amsterdam as a whole though isn't it? Definitely set an excellent first impression for the two of us.

Save me a seat upstairs for August 5th. We will be back on day 1 of our visit.
Jan '09 - Top trip, Aug '11 - FLOP!
Next: asap...
ftcarer

Re:

Post by ftcarer »

ftcarer wrote:
When did you have this ?
Went to Abraxas , got the Juicy Fruit E10/g lovely smell , small broken up buds though , tasted bloody awful & only beaten on the shitness scale by Pick Up The Pieces' Amnesia & Central's White Russian .
Also this was the only CS where I heard the BT tell people that they had to buy weed to stay :evil:
Joshuadrooney

Re: Congratulations, Dimon

Post by Joshuadrooney »

SeniorHippies wrote:When kind, considerate, thoughtful, courteous and loving people go abroad they behave as kind, considerate, thoughtful, courteous, loving people.
I have yet to see any American tourist behave in that way. Usually, you are all too pre-occupied with moaning about everything. Just kidding :P I met loads of great yanks in 'Dam. The worst tourists I met in Amsterdam were the French. All of them, traipsing about the place as if they were the dogs bollocks. Arrogant twats.
Last edited by Joshuadrooney on Thu 16th Jun 2011 05:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them