my trip, feb 2006, please inform

Legal news, protests, etc.
Guesty

my trip, feb 2006, please inform

Post by Guesty »

hi there :D

im new on here,

me and a few mates, 8 of us are planning a trip on the 11th of february to the 14th and we are staying in a hostell...

i am quite excited etc, and am reading up on what to do, what not to do etc, and have read all about the coffee shops etc, they sounds soo cool.

Anyway i have also read about the laws, and they could change etc, i have been told by this site under the legal bit, and other sites, that this isnt the case and it is very very unlikely that this will happen, but othes say it will in january.

We are all looking forward to our trip, and alot of my m8s are big weed smokers, and would be gutted if this is the case, can anyone enlighten me to the current laws, and if anything is going to change, because i am looking to booke the flights, hostell etc

If anyone could clear this up , then thanks in advance, nice site you have here, i shall be a regular visitor from now on.

Regards,

mazdog

Post by mazdog »

you will be fine.
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

You reckon?

I really really hope so mate.

Btw are they tight on i.d, because one of my mates is not 18 by that time, he is 4 days after we get back :-(

cheers
Boner

Post by Boner »

Guesty wrote:You reckon?

I really really hope so mate.

Btw are they tight on i.d, because one of my mates is not 18 by that time, he is 4 days after we get back :-(

cheers
Yes they are very strict regarding age, remember if they are caught with someone under 18 in the shop they can have their license taken away, just get some goodies and go and smoke in Vondel park or in your hotel.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

Ok maybe something i should think about then,do every shop id before you get in there etc?
Valo

Post by Valo »

I'm sure the foreign policy wont be active come the new year, sounds more like media hype to me.

As for the ID then I would strongly ask that you don't risk the license of any coffeeshops by bring an under aged person inside with you. Even though the majority of shops don't ask for ID as you enter the door you may well be asked when buying the weed - not to mention at any time they could get a police search (happened to me in Pink Floyd this May) which is where it's possible for a lot of people to lose their favourite coffeeshops.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

No worries on the laws changing at this time it's just a very few political types running their mouths and some of the media is eating it up....makes a good story on a slow news day I guess.

They do not have the support to change any laws at this time.

I am in complete agreement with all the others please do not risk breaking the age laws inside the shops with your friend a few days may not seem like a big deal but it is more than enough for the shop to lose their license permanently also it is just the kind of incident that one of these politicians would maybe love to use in the media and play it, push it hard and distort it to try and gain support.
******* World Wide Legal *******
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

Yeah no worries, but do you have to be 18 to get into them, i mean couldnt my mates come in and like have a few beers etc, or food or coffee or tea, because its not so much the fact they cant smoke, because not too many of them do, but would be nice for them to be in there and enjoy the day along wiv us.

But if it is illegal then they wont come in unless thats ok if they only drink.

regards
Boner

Post by Boner »

Guesty wrote:Yeah no worries, but do you have to be 18 to get into them, i mean couldnt my mates come in and like have a few beers etc, or food or coffee or tea, because its not so much the fact they cant smoke, because not too many of them do, but would be nice for them to be in there and enjoy the day along wiv us.

But if it is illegal then they wont come in unless thats ok if they only drink.

regards
You have to be 18 to even enter a coffeeshop, the only place you'd be alright is Barney brasserie which is a couple of doors down from Barneys coffeeshop on Haarlemmerstraat.
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

whats different with that place?

cheers
Boner

Post by Boner »

Guesty wrote:whats different with that place?

cheers
Its basically just a extension of the coffeeshop apart from the fact they dont sell marijuana, I'm pretty sure they sell beer and they can't get done if someone under 18 is smoking there.
Valo

Post by Valo »

I was going to suggest a bar which alows you to smoke weed in might be an option. At least the media or politicians wont be aiming their abuse at the coffeeshop scene so much in this case.

Stones Cafe in the RLD is a nice English style pub which no longer sells cannabis but does let you bring your own.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

So i could go in and buy a couple of g's of some good smoke, then take it to there and smoke in there?
while this one kid who isnt can join us, and its the same as a coffeeshop? so it basically solves all, so this is near barneys???
I am staying at the Hotel hortus, so is this far?
but other places to smoke, are there cafes etc that aloud it, parks you have metioned, hotel rooms would probs be ok??

are you aloud to have a spliff if you are walking about..or if you seen will you be in trouble?
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

Valo wrote:I was going to suggest a bar which alows you to smoke weed in might be an option. At least the media or politicians wont be aiming their abuse at the coffeeshop scene so much in this case.

Stones Cafe in the RLD is a nice English style pub which no longer sells cannabis but does let you bring your own.
i like will never be able to find these, im gonna have to make a list lol :lol:
keeror

Post by keeror »

Guesty, all in the adresses, maps and reviews you could ever want are all available on the green buttons on the left hand side of this website!