Travel Hotel - Beursstraat 23 any feedback from anyone?

Accommodation related topics.
Drenbt

Travel Hotel - Beursstraat 23 any feedback from anyone?

Post by Drenbt »

Hi all!

Travelling to The Dam in 10 days time with my fiance and wanted something cheap and cheerful. Everywhere else where I have previously stayed at and can vouch for the cleanliness and quality of the rooms, had unfortunately been booked out. (Hotel Kabul, Hotel Manofa,Hotel Vijaya & Hotel Bellington).

So I was forced to settle between unknown accommodation to me and in the end it came down to Hotel Utopia & Travel Hotel Amsterdam. The reviews were very mixed, both having comments of cleanliness being below par!But it was the Travel hotel that we picked in the end as Utopia had too many reports of mice and bug infestation. That said, aside from the great location of Travel hotel there was not much else to say that its any good. So anyone stayed there?

Most importantly, has anyone stayed there since July- can you smoke in the rooms?

Would be greatful for any feedback....

Drenbt

Post by Drenbt »

Seriously.....Has no one ever stayed there?

Has anyone even heard of the Travel Hotel, I need some sort of feedback guys this cannot be a good sign!
McBong

Post by McBong »

After reading this Travel Hotel Amsterdam i don't know if you would want to go there, not many good reports most saying it's not clean and/or the rooms are too small.
echc1

Post by echc1 »

better to try the hotel cornerhouse....cheap,clean,good size rooms and 20 metres from Dam square,and has a pub as part of the hotel....c/shops are just a few metres too
Drenbt

Post by Drenbt »

Thanks guys, just gave them a call and the receptionist guy said he is not in charge of reservations and to fill out a res form and someone will contact you tomorrow. I hope they don't take too long, otherwise I would lose my deposit from travel hotel and that would not make it worthwhile. By the way we are being charged 580 E to stay at the Travel hotel from 10/9-14/9- How expensive is this compared to others??
cheapshot

Post by cheapshot »

Hi,

I have stayed at the travel hotel twice, and both times found it "average".

It has a great location, cheap as chips, a 24hr bar, and friendly staff.

However the rooms are small and noisey as it is just opposite the back of a church, and the bells chime every morning at 8am :twisted:

Apart from that you could do ALOT worse.
BarbaraKelly

Re:

Post by BarbaraKelly »

McBong wrote:After reading this Travel Hotel Amsterdam i don't know if you would want to go there, not many good reports most saying it's not clean and/or the rooms are too small.
That's bad news for me and for my family. We're planning for a trip and we're planning to stay in this hotel. Perhaps I would just tell them that we would change our accommodation package. Thanks for this though. I'll be informing others about this also.
Last edited by BarbaraKelly on Mon 10th Mar 2014 04:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigEars

Re: Re:

Post by BigEars »

BarbaraKelly wrote:That's bad news for me and for my family. We're planning for a trip and we're planning to stay in this hotel. Perhaps I would just tell them that we would change our accommodation package. Thanks for this though.
You'll probably not like what I'm about to tell you then. I stayed there about 7-8 years ago and had a large sum of money and my passport stolen from the room. No sign of a break in so I'm guessing it was someone who worked there. The manager was no help at all. Maybe it's changed since then but I'd find somewhere else to stay if I was you.
Balou

Re: Travel Hotel - Beursstraat 23 any feedback from anyone?

Post by Balou »

Unless the room has an electronic safe never leave money/passport in your room. Also, you are required by law here to carry a valid ID at all times. And staying that close to the RLD your chances of being stopped is higher.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
BigEars

Post by BigEars »

Yes, I learnt the hard way about not leaving money in the room. It was actually locked in my bag. Whoever took it just cut a hole in my bag though. Never done it since and would advise others to use a safe if they don't want to carry all their money around. I did have valid i.d. even though I didn't have my passport by the way.
dude65

Post by dude65 »

Forget about the electronic hotel room safes that let you pick your own code.

Pretty much all of them have a "special" code that will open the door. How else would the hotel deal with you forgetting your code? (Yes, there are other ways, but they cost more).

For many of these safes, the backup code is ... tadaaaa .... 0000. If it's not try to find manufacturer/model information and find the user's manual online. It'll have the code.

DO NOT TRUST ELECTRONIC SAFES IN HOTEL ROOMS!