TwoCanucks » Fri 12th Oct 2018 02:07 pm

It cannot be said enough what an underrated and forgotten shop. Jolly Joker right in Nieuwmarkt square. Was back in September, never a bad smoke, never bad service. 2nd floor window seats were excellent as always. commented to the Mrs that the view was 2nd to none. an employee overheard, and said to write that on the window frame. so i did. JJ will always be in top 5 shops for us. it's the perfect everything, and the best tea selection box in Amsterdam

bundy1983 » Tue 24th Jun 2014 05:46 pm

Never been here but might give it a try next month.

A Leprechaun » Tue 24th Jun 2014 05:44 pm

TwoCanucks wrote:I like to sit and watch the day go by sitting in the window, view is 2nd to none as far as coffee shops go.

The views from the apartment above it are really good as well,the owner of both is a very friendly,funny helpful person,he has picked us up at the airport and dropped us off.

TwoCanucks » Sun 22nd Jun 2014 10:29 pm

I like to sit and watch the day go by sitting in the window, view is 2nd to none as far as coffee shops go.

djreign » Wed 19th Feb 2014 06:12 pm

I've always enjoyed JJ. Very relaxing place to sit. Weed......okay in my experience. It's more about the shop, view and ambiance. My wife also really liked it. They asked her for ID when we were in early 30's....really made her day.

I've also never had a problem, smoking my own and just buying drinks.

I remember chatting with a Canadian guy in there. He'd brought his own weed from home (in Canada). Just struck me as a very odd thing to do. It was nice though.

They do lovely hot chocolate too.

A couple of nice restaurants nearby also.

Leaving myself wide open here, but what tops it was discovering Steely Dan, a band I was unfamiliar with and now love. Ah well, it's an age thing I reckon.

matty223 » Wed 19th Feb 2014 12:50 pm

James_53 wrote:Weeds not great but the staff are friendly and the upstairs is a nice area to chill out, get high and people watch

see thats an answer

James_53 » Wed 19th Feb 2014 12:24 pm

Weeds not great but the staff are friendly and the upstairs is a nice area to chill out, get high and people watch

matty223 » Sun 16th Feb 2014 11:50 am

monster420 wrote:my favourite coffeshop in amsterdam
this is the one were we go fist next week
sweating when i thinking about it :mrgreen:
why is this your fav. shop?

Padge247 » Sun 16th Feb 2014 11:47 am

So after reading fairly positive reviews here and hearing good stuff by word of mouth I thought I would check it out.

Wasn't really impressed with bud. Pre bagged, I thought a little over priced (10e for Jack Herrer), and while I didn't think the bud was brilliant, it wasn't bad but I just think given the fact Greenplace is under 2min walk away, I would buy my bud there.

HOWEVER, really nice place to sit and smoke (drinks are 2.50e for a coke, mite be a glass bottle though). We sat upstairs and while it was a little cramped, I am really picking at hairs. Nice view (shame about all the scaffolding on Nieuwmarkt), nice enough atmosphere, big TV that showed a Dutch news channel (some cracking goals on the football highlights, was looped though so saw them all a few times!).

So yea, nice place to smoke, but average smoke. Not sure if you can just smoke your own (we bought a bag and smoked that and our own stash from elsewhere), but if there are a few of you I guess you could split a bag like we did (4 of us).

monster420 » Sat 15th Feb 2014 08:51 pm

funny :mrgreen:

Smokeybee21 » Thu 23rd Jan 2014 03:18 pm

Tried the Space Muffin for 7.50, did pretty much nothing. Wish I had stayed in here for a spliff and a coffee though, nice clean quiet shop, amazing location. Not sure how they feel about smoking your own, but this would be the perfect place to grab some good stuff at Green Place, then enjoy your smoke in a more relaxed setting.

TwoCanucks » Tue 3rd Dec 2013 08:53 am

Royal cheese 1 gram 12e or 2 grams for 23e,....super pungent aroma and flavor good high....lovely clean burn. And a great view of nieuwmarket. Loved it last week.

Didnt try anything but the royal and some tea...great selection of teas, lemon green thnk you kindly

naits » Sun 1st Dec 2013 02:39 am

Was there last week, great location. The first upstairs table facing the window is very chill for people watching.
Bought 1gr bio silver haze 6,5-10 bad explample of silver haze.
Friend bought 1 gr Jack Herer average stuff, bit of a creeper 7-10.
Only prebagged some strain they only sell 2 gr bags.
Nice place, shame about the weed.

Chrisuperfly » Tue 2nd Jul 2013 11:42 pm

jim n soj wrote:Always wanted to visit the Jolly Joker, but was put off with a few poor reviews, might have to visit in future, can you tell me if they have a smoking area for tobacco as I dont smoke pure. :)
You can smoke tobacco as long as its rolled into a joint.

jim n soj » Tue 2nd Jul 2013 06:31 pm

Always wanted to visit the Jolly Joker, but was put off with a few poor reviews, might have to visit in future, can you tell me if they have a smoking area for tobacco as I dont smoke pure. :)