Cheese in Amsterdam : LIVE REPORT

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Lots of nice smoking going on, how's your dad enjoying Amsterdam, is it his first trip over there?

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

just googled amrath :shock: that looks seriously classy (&expensive :lol: ) do they have smoking rooms or is it an out of sight out of mind thing
elevatorman

cheese

Post by elevatorman »

you gotta try the cheese at homegrown incredible
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

yo cheese, great reporting! I'#d love to do 'Dam with the old man one day... you've inspired me!

For that 'kush' taste, get the OG Kush from Green Place! Or if you can afford it, 0.5g Gran Daddy kush melt hash from Bushdoctors e27.50... >.<
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Great reporting cheese :lol:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Superb stuff cheese, keep up the good work.
I'm gonna be reading this report with interest, since I am 10 days away from lift off.......no pressure like :wink:
Endure
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Nice reporting ! cant beat an on the spot reportage :wink: enjoy ! i too will be reading with interest as its only 13days till i go to Holland (Eindhoven-Amsterdam) :lol:
-
cheese

Post by cheese »

whats up everyone

had another good day in amsterdam , the weather was a bitn windy and cold with a bit of rain. we made the best of the day.

as for smoking in the hotel. the windows open up big and and the ceilings are very high. i dont think its likely to set off the fire alarm.

last night was fun with alot of drinking and smoking.

started the day with some breakfast and a joint. smoked another of the amnesia haze and had a full english.

my dad is loving the dam. it is his second time here but the last time he was quite ill and he didnt get to really relax and enjoy himself.

this time he is quite well and we are doing lots of walking and having a great time. lots of eating as well. going to try and make it to burger bar tomorrow.

went on a boat cruise today so we stopped by grey area after breakfast to pick up some smoke. grabbed 1 g recon. 1 g cheesiel. 2 g la confidential and 1 g golden soles.

went just down the road to amnesia as this was my dads fav shop on our last trip. he was dissapointed to see the new rennovations as he liked the old style much better. i must say i feel the same way.

we picked up 1 g ssh and 1 g g13haze. the ssh looked nicely cured actually and we smoked that there and got a coffee. it was decent. didnt really stand out though and i wouldnt purchase again. it looked decent with huge fat calyxes and a nice beige tint to it from the cure. ah well.

later smoked the g13haze and it was good. was more dry than the sample from barneys and almost didnt seem as good.

went on the boat cruise and smoked the la con from grey area first. it was very nice, you gotta check out these nugs. they look beauty. they smoked great too. i really enjoyed this one. we also smoked the cheesiel and it was pretty good actually. tasted kinda like cheese and had a hint of deasel. mh's was better from last years trip.

the golden soles is very nice. a very good hash and tastes great in a pipe. a bit harder then some other samples but the taste was awesome.

the recon was ok.. we smoked this at damkring (old pink floyd) new shop is pretty cool. i like how they put a nug of each strain under a glass counter top at the bud counter. you could see every strain on the menu. it was busy and i didnt purchase as bud dudes were very busy. just got a tea and went upstairs to smoke the recon. it wasnt stand out but ok.

will go back to grey area to try some more.. wobbler and sleestack both off the menu.

basjoes as been closed every time i went by it. it was even closed tonight at 9. its a saturday. how the hell is it closed.

went back to green place after eating at balraj. picked up 1 g og kush and 1 more g of blue cheese. we smoked the og there and it wasnt the best. did taste a bit more kushy tho. high was decent. could have smoked better.

the boat cruise was lots of fun and balraj was very good. the hot chicken curry was fantastic and samosas were great too.

can anyone recommend a good place for appetizers and a few drinks. looking for somewhere we can get some nice spreads while relaxing and drinking before heading out for dinner.

tonight i plan on smoking more of the la con from grey area and finish off some of the hashes.

getting some good pictures as well.
' Smoke em if you got em '
PrePress420

Post by PrePress420 »

It rained ?
cheese

Post by cheese »

hahaha its actually pouring right now.

also paulie. we ended up getting it for just about 80 euro a night. pretty cheap for the quality.

highlights for today goto grey area actually. best they have been on all my trips in terms of them being pretty good. john was very friendly and showed me everything even though they were busy. the la con was best of the day. i seem to be enjoying the la con around town so far.

also cheesiel was interesting and glad i smoked it. they had a huge bud in the container that looked stellar.

golden soles is one of the tastier hashes so far of the trip.

this la con from grey area just looks fantastic and also smells amazing. this batch is highly recomended.
Last edited by cheese on Sat 3rd Oct 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
' Smoke em if you got em '
PrePress420

Post by PrePress420 »

Hangin in your hotel ?
PrePress420

Post by PrePress420 »

Where is you hotel located?
re. restaurants
PrePress420

Post by PrePress420 »

You're at the Amrath for 80 Euro/night...uhh
cheese