15 days in Europe with Amsterdam at Start & End (w/pics)

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
redeyezman

15 days in Europe with Amsterdam at Start & End (w/pics)

Post by redeyezman »

Summery:
Amsterdam 3 nights 4 days
Paris & Bayeux, France (Omaha & Utah Beaches) 3 nights 4 days
Rome 3 nights 4 days
Now what should we do?????
2nd trip to A'Dam!

Dates:
3/29: Land in Germany. Taxi to train (40E) and begin slow moving train ride to heidelberg, germany. Turned out to be the furthest I could go the first night.
3/30: 1g SSH from Home Grown Fantasy. Smoked half of it, and got lost! Then I realized my iPhone w/o sim card was giving me accurate GPS directions, and found my way.
Apps are: citymaps2go & lonely planet
3/31: Jumped on the #5 tram, got a 24-hour ticket and off we go! Drop off women @ Sauna Deco. 55 euro for 1 hour while I run to Grey area. Picked up 0.5g of chocolope (regret buying! tasted okay, not that high) & 0.5g of Grey Haze. They were not that busy due to rain I'm guessing. By the time I turned around both tables cleared up so I got a caked and burned up all the Grey Haze! Very clear, and exactly what I was hoping for from a good sativa. Still enjoying the clear high now about 6 hours later! I'm off to Paris on the afternoon of the 2nd.
Title: Goodbye paradise.

4/1: Basjoe & mellow yellow & Anyday. At Basjoe I got 1g of the Jack Herer with the change (8E) in my pocket! Rolled inside, smoked outside! Great view of the canals, and very liberating smoking on the corner. Mellow Yellow told me an hour for space cake, and forgot to get it. Think I smoked the choclope here.

4/2: CS Resin for last of SSH then off to dirty Paris.

We were at 12 days in. the Eurail train pass lasted 15 days. Ticket window reps will tell you its not possible, but it (easily) is. Rome to A'dam in 15 hours. Not sure if it could be done vice-verse, but I did it this way for 2nd trip! On same trip! :idea: :idea: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

4/10:Back in A'dam! Hell yeah I missed it! 15 hour train ride via Rome. Got in very late, found a hotel and went to Dampkring 2 (Pink Floyd) got a very tasty moist space cake as well as 0.5g of cheese (sadly was all shake..) The wife's first "experience!" when in Rome! ;-) We had toThat was fun listening her ramble on about a kaleidoscope visuals from space cake.
4/11: I know I had some cheese left! I've forgot what happened. Zoo visit this day I recall that much. :?: :mrgreen:

The Italians had the cheapest mandatory seat reservations (on train fee even with Eurail passes for high speed lines) Only 10E a seat.

5 hours One-way to the Bayeux, France train stop from Amsterdam Centeral. Paid 80E per person for 8 hour tour. Was more than I could ever see on your own in same amount of time. 3 beaches, 3 churches with paratrooper stained glass and break time for lunch. Get the apple cider alcohol drink made by locals! Huge apple economy here.
Remains of floating supply road.
Not a golf course.
Pairs Louvre: Inverted pyramid
Last edited by redeyezman on Tue 20th Sep 2011 12:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Shells sink. Dreams float.
redeyezman

Re: 15 days in Europe with Amsterdam at Start & End (w/pics)

Post by redeyezman »

*updated & rewrote*

I have been meaning to re-post a proper travel log. I realize this may not be everyones ideal trip, but thanks for reading. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Enjoyed it! Thanks. I haven't traveled on Eurorail passes since my first trip to Europe with my sister's in 1998. That was so fun, might have to look into it again.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

nice
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

I love to hear about the trips of everyone on here. I love to travel and it helps when you hear about how others did it.
I need a miracle everyday
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

redeyezman wrote:Summery:
Amsterdam 3 nights 4 days
Paris + Beaches 3 nights 4 days
Rome 3 nights 4 days
Now what should we do?????
2nd trip to A'Dam!
This is pretty much the same itinerary i have except I will be spending at least a week and a half in Paris.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Styl Eli wrote: This is pretty much the same itinerary i have except I will be spending at least a week and a half in Paris.
If you plan on staying in Paris that long then I highly suggest you bring an American Express credit card. It is the ONLY foreign CC that their bike share program will accept. You can only use 1 CC per bike so if you are traveling with others they would need a card to get their bike too. I had AMEX but my wife doesn't so we ended up walking because I hate cabs let alone a cab in Paris. If someone acts like they don't speak English pull out cash and they should remember how!
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

redeyezman wrote:
Styl Eli wrote: This is pretty much the same itinerary i have except I will be spending at least a week and a half in Paris.
If you plan on staying in Paris that long then I highly suggest you bring an American Express credit card. It is the ONLY foreign CC that their bike share program will accept. You can only use 1 CC per bike so if you are traveling with others they would need a card to get their bike too. I had AMEX but my wife doesn't so we ended up walking because I hate cabs let alone a cab in Paris. If someone acts like they don't speak English pull out cash and they should remember how!
I am right in the middle of everything so the Metro will probably be my best option for getting around or just walk.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Paris doesn't have beaches that I'm aware of ? I think the region is called Normandy :roll:
-
sirphobose

Post by sirphobose »

Cisco wrote:Paris doesn't have beaches that I'm aware of ? I think the region is called Normandy :roll:
No beaches in paris that i'm aware of the floating roads are likely the Mulberry Harbours built to support the D-Day landings i'd reckon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulberry_harbour
"Change down, man. Find your neutral space."
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Cisco wrote:Paris doesn't have beaches that I'm aware of ? I think the region is called Normandy :roll:
I know. I meant to include Bayeux, France in my info. It took a lot of info, memory, and writing though. All while I was high. It was 1st rough draft in other words. I'll edit it correctly.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I was jus being a dick :oops: :lol: I really wanna check that area out myself , Caen etc if you have any pics of the Military stuff (Bunkers,memorial etc ) get them up :wink:

Cheers
-
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

Paris is so stupidly expensive though

The Normandy beaches are so well worth a visit though ....only around 60 + years ago these events happened.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

67 years June past I think ?
-
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Dave near London wrote:Paris is so stupidly expensive though

The Normandy beaches are so well worth a visit though ....only around 60 + years ago these events happened.
Using the powers of the Intertoobs I got by pretty good deals on food, and stay. I booked 2 nights out after I had my train seat reservations. *** REMEMBER A-DAM TO FRANCE IS HIGH-SPEED SEAT RESERVATION MANDATORY*** Like I said earlier I didn't spend tons (any) on cabs. The bike share program seemed to be one of the most extensive (like the trains) in global existence!! Fuck it lets make it dramatic :mrgreen: Paris seemed slower moving than I had thought it would, but I guess its just such great public transport there too...wish I had been able to ride bike.

If I had to plan Normandy out again (instead of make up as i went like I did) I would watch a few more movies before I went. There are many on the invasion. I talked to the tour guide the whole way, but I'm not shy... especially after handing him cash for the tour! The tour guild worked for me because:
1. I could make reservations.
2. It was a small group. His van held 8 max. We grouped with family of 5 (BEYOND lucky I got reservations 2 nights out! by email! Updated original post w/link) We got front seat! They sat in back!
3. I didn't have to worry about transport besides the train.
4. The meeting spot was no more than quarter-mile (700 meters) from train station.
5. Starts after first train arrives
6. Is over before last (3) train leaves. About 17:00 This gave us time to have a bite of food and a drink. Very small quiet town, bet you could easily bring a nice pipe along if you so desired. Unless it was just because I was out of season? Early April.

More pics as requested, but don't want to post many. Don't want to spoil it for those looking to go.
Flags
Local Apple Pie in Bayeux, France?! God Bless America.
Pill Box
Last edited by redeyezman on Fri 18th Jan 2013 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.