Lemming's 4-20 Recollections and Pictures

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Uncle Ron

Re: Lemming's 4-20 Recollections and Pictures

Post by Uncle Ron »

...and so the tales of Lemming's 4/20 misadventures continues. :D

Nice read, nice pics, nice cup, nice buds, esp. nice people...

...and so the masses await the next installment of Lemming's 4/20 escapades of green grass and high ti(m)es.

Happy recollections, and reflections...

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Some nice pictures there lemming! great report,KD.
Trad

Post by Trad »

Lemming wrote:
Trad wrote:Thank you for organizing the 420 event Lemming. I had one of the best times of my life with you, Jen and all the ACDer's that attended. WELL DONE
No, thank you and Hestia for all you did to help make it a brilliant gathering.

I've got a "Roger Waters The Wall" keyring here that you can have if you want. Email me your postal address (I prefer email to PM please).
Hello Lemming,
I would love to get that key ring for the girl but, at the present I am having a huge hassel with my e-mail account so I will have to send you my address when I get the problem resolved.
Thanks for the many accolades.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've been trying to work through my email mountain. I've managed about a month's worth but still in April. Still, seemed time to take a break and do another day of the travelogue.

Tuesday 19th April 2011

The second day of Hestia's Cup Crawls didn't go altogether to plan for us. The 10am meet in Voyagers was always going to be far too early for us after the previous day's shenanigans. As it turned out, even 12.30 at Katsu was beyond us. By the time we got to Katsu it was almost empty and no sign of the crew.

There were two crawls proposed for the day, Hestia's relaxed crawl from Voyagers to Katsu and DrDiesel's Pijp Express racing around the Albert Cuyp Market area. I gather quite a few people made it to Voyagers and Katsu. From there they popped into a few other shops in that area but, as far as I know, nobody saw anything of DrDiesel and he hasn't posted since. Hope he's OK.

So, having missed everyone in Katsu we decided to take a stroll through Sarphatipark. It was a beautiful day.

Hestia and co had mentioned taking a stroll around the market or the park after Katsu. We'd already walked through the market but didn't see any sign of them there or in the park so we decided to chill out in our favourite spot outside Yo-Yo. This shop always has a special place in my heart and it's a wonderful place to be a on a sunny day.

After a while we set off again, passing Ibiza along the way.

And back through the market.

Later that evening we finally caught up with the rest of the crew at a mega session in Basjoe. There were loads of people there including new arrivals Cisco, Dave J, liquidSwords, MK101, Nizzle, Red Eyed Indian, Twichaldinho, Willjay and Yogibear. I met liquidSwords, Red Eyed Indian and Twichaldinho a couple of years ago and it was great to see them back for another 4-20. I was meeting the others for the first time so that was a privilege.

James (owner of Basjoe, in case you don't know) put his arm round me and started shouting "Hey 4-20! 4-20!". He seemed to know I had something to do with his shop being invaded but I don't think he knew who or what Lemming or ACD are! It would have felt too conceited to explain so I just shook his hand and gave him a big stoned grin.

Soon after that James produced a couple of bongs filled with something lethal. Reality shifted at least a foot to the left after that and stayed there for some time. I've no idea what was in that bong but I think it was the strongest I had all week!

After a few hours getting thoroughly mashed in Basjoe many of us ended the evening with a beer in the Nes.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

quality report lemming 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hestia

Post by hestia »

Every time I went in to Basjoe's James gave me a hug and a nug. But he would'nt ever tell me what it was.. other than a big smile and a softly spoken "here try this " followed by a TOTALLY WICKED BUZZ. good times ,good times. :D 8) :mrgreen:
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

...and the adventures of Lemming continues. :lol:

FYI to the peeps - James (Basjoe) is fully aware of this site and the annual 4/20 celebration. Last year James introduced me to a group who I later discovered were some of the Stoner Chicks of ACD. Since then it's been an adventure... :lol:

Looking forward to some more recollections, reflections, and pics...
Thanks Lem...

Happy memories...
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Trad - If you can't use email then please do use PM. I try to discourage people from PMing me because my box tends to overflow but if that's the only means you have then go ahead.
Uncle Ron - thanks for that. It's good to know that James knows what the ACD is. I must just have been too stoned and self conscious.

The next episode will be 4-20 itself. Coming soon . . .
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Wednesday 20th April 2011

The Big Day!

One of the early meets of the day was supposed to be in Green Place so I poked my nose in there as we were passing on the way to breakfast at Poco Loco on Nieuwmarkt. No sign of anyone there. We soon caught up with them though.

Next stop was Dampkring, which was billed as a Hestia Cup Toke & Vote and as a meeting point for the webcam wave. There were loads of people there including FlyByNite, who I hadn't seen for years. Some people were inside Dampkring but many more were in the chip shop next door and on the street outside.

After a drink and a few spliffs in Dampkring, we went outside to find Cattales' banner being given a test run. Very impressive!

Although it was a bit early, some of the people who'd been hanging around outside for ages were getting impatient so we headed 'round the corner to Koningsplein and our rendezvous with the webcam.

In case you don't know, the webcam in question is this one: http://www.terena.org/webcam/.
Koningsplein (King's Square) is actually a wide bridge over the Singel canal carrying a road and a busy tram line. The camera streams high-res live video with sound to the Internet. We said we'd wave at it at 3:20pm so that everyone at home could see us.

In actual fact it was about 3:05pm when we got there. The banner was unfurled and frantic calls home were made on mobiles to tell partners that we were early.

At one point a tram stopped beside us and the driver gave us a wave. Then the banner was unfurled again.
(the missus took these 2. I'm at the back in the Om t-shirt)

After a while people started to drift off and I don't think anyone was left by 3:20. I know a few people missed us there and some at home probably did too. Sorry about that.

Fortunately a few people managed to keep up with our stoner timing, grabbed recordings of us on the webcam and posted them on youTube.

Grainstorm posted this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNh9eZguDA0

Thompaw posted this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29GOZDVGhQE

Ftcarer posted these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJrlaGAIzg4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqyJt4sF3dI

Next stop was, of course, 420 Cafe/de Kuil in time for 4:20pm. When we arrived we found most of the group around the front of the bar next door. After a quick beer I ventured into de Kuil. It was quite busy but mostly very very hot inside. There were lots more people in there including some I hadn't met before. First I had the pleasure of meeting Rufus and Steven and then the amazing SeniorHippies.

4:20 was marked by the budtender ringing his bell and followed by some huge joints emerging from behind the bar.

Following the tradition established over all of our previous 4-20 Gatherings, we moved to the Nes soon after 4:20.

There were loads of us in the Nes that evening. I finally had the pleasure of meeting Chillers2 and xLuckyLisax and to get reacquainted with Soulrider and Worsall.

DC was on form as usual. This time he surprised us with cakes! Trays of the little beauties arrived, each with "420" emblazoned onto them in icing. Brilliant!

Image Image

Meanwhile outside the banner was out again.

And smile for the Forum

After a while we went off in search of dinner, returning to the Nes later that evening. Embarrassingly, in my stupor I completely forgot about the Hestia Cup vote count which must've taken place while we were out eating.

I doubt many people managed to visit all 10 shops on the shortlist and even fewer managed to take notes. Nevertheless, somehow or another, our hero DC managed to make some sense out of the chaos and declared Basjoe the winner.

I think Basjoe was a very worthy winner. It's the whole forum membership's current favourite by some margin according to the poll.

So, however we got there, it's all good.

To me the untogetherness of this competition is a perfect contrast to the corporate nature of the High Times Cannabis Cup. Our Hestia Cup is truly a stoner competition. It's totally incorrupt but also pretty random.
yogibear

Post by yogibear »

Here's a little Dutch girl you may know. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
5737829047_b88ecdcdaf.jpg
5737829047_b88ecdcdaf.jpg (91.64 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Yogi

I want to smoke hash in the streets.
gapie

Post by gapie »

shit i missed hestia in her dutch clothes
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
xxbkrawkxx

Post by xxbkrawkxx »

lol is that hestia ?
thought it was blueberryams lol
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

while i cant take credit for that awesome outfit, i do consider hestia my sista so i guess we may favor each other...
Pic of me and Hestia outside Basjoe

And to Lemming... Thanks for sending me pics man, you rock! Here's the one of us taken at NES = )

I did finally get all 439 pics uploaded onto photobucket this weeks as well...
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185 ... ?start=all

BlueBerry
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

BlueBerry wrote:I did finally get all 439 pics uploaded onto photobucket this weeks as well...
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185 ... ?start=all
well i just had a look at all of them and it was loads of fun ... some classics in there ... all i was lacking was someone in the room to tell me about some things about some of the photos ... like who's that and where were you then? ... but it was still a nice relaxing look through someone's photo album along with a nice freshly-brewed cup of coffee ... thanks
tuttiflutes

Post by tuttiflutes »

Nice pictures BB, looks like you had loads of fun.. I am sure I did.. :P

I will never forget 'Ohm's' Bucket Bomb! and OOOOOOoooooh those hash Ballfor sures!

Till next time and pofferitjes for sure! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tutti
May you shit rise up & KISS you on the face