Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G13

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Smirks

Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G13

Post by Smirks »

22 years after first visiting Dam as an 18-year-old, and probably at least 22 trips later, here I am again, Amsterdam bound for another few days of dreams and delirium.

Signed up to the forum following my last trip, during the Cup, when I met the likes of Gapie, ftcarer, Badbone, bleak, Balou and others; but have been a long term lurker, since as long as the site has been around.

Flight gets in at 10.30 am and after a quick tram ride to the apartment to drop off bags, the trip will get properly underway. I'm staying near de Pijp, so first port of call is likely to be Club Media for some Afghan. After that, time to head into centre and buy a bong for the trip. I prefer glass percs, but let's see what I can find.

Plan to get fully involved in many of the activities, boat ride and Cannalympics for sure and a bunch of T & T's. Let the festivities commence!

ftcarer

Re: Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G

Post by ftcarer »

Have a blast mate :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

The eagle has landed! Well, the Easyjet plane anyway.

On train, heading in...
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Have fun!
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Thanks guys!

Decided on a very wise pit stop at the place of journey's start and most likely journey's end in four and a half days time. Voyagers, which was shut when I tried to visit during the Cup. Place was already busy, introduced myself to HB and dived straight in for a g of the PSB. A tasty daytime smoke out of the house Roor, their "4th place prize" for the Cup last year, as HB explained.

Not too strong hitting but set me up nicely for the tram ride to the apartment. Just getting to my stop...
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

So I arrive at my accommodation. Top floor studio apartment Within a family home on (booked via Citymundo). Very nice, spacious, private roof terrace...rain please go away.

The door is answered by a girl in her mid-twenties, who introduced me to the landlady, a good natured Dutch lady. I'd put her in her late fifties. She seems cool, is ok with smoking, even had some for me, left over from previous visitors. However, she couldn't find it, reckoning the cleaning lady must have thrown it away. "I'll sack her," she joked. Or was she? More likely it was the girl who had let me in, her niece who made off with it.

After sorting out the rent, getting the wifi code and a bit if light banter, she then spookily told me about someone who she knows with the same surname as me and proceeded to correctly predict two intimate pieces if knowledge about me. The PSB must have been stronger than I thought.
Last edited by Smirks on Wed 18th Apr 2012 02:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

A creature of habit, I like to unpack and put things neatly away when I first arrive somewhere. So after that I relax for a while in my attic den, taking in the view of the Rijksmuseum opposite and watch the trams go by. There's one of those expresso machines with the cartridges you put in and I've bought a bunch I'd them off the landlady for .35 cents a pop.

"If you need more cartridges, just come and grab some from kitchen", she says.

After saying I'm honest with these sort if things she retorts, "I'm not."

The niece jokily adds "in a good way, but lock your room anyway" and we have a but if a laugh.

The place is great, the landlady seems like a decent sort, with a little eccentricity thrown in to augment her character.

After I neck one of the expressos I get ready to head out, but as I'm about to close the door, something stops me and I return to wash the coffee cup. As I'm doing so it slips from my hand and the handle breaks off in the process. Picking the pieces out of the basin and the bowl turns red. F*%k, I've cut my finger off! Steady boy, you're not that stoned, in fact your not stoned at all, the PSB wore off ages ago. The finger is in fact very much still intact, but with a small, deep cut in the index finger on my left hand, my bong holding hand.

F*#k, still a major pain in the ass. To be honest, in the past it would have been much more annoying, as a cut like this inevitably makes spliff rolling a chore, once a plaster is applied. Now im almost exclusively a bong smoker, so its not that big a deal, just a ball ache. Anyway, onwards and outwards to my next destination, Club Media, via a chemist for band aids. Had planned to buy and fly, but after my minor trauma decided to chill for a while, with a g of the Afghaan everyone has been raving about. Fantastic aroma, great taste and the necessary stone to be an effective painkiller for my injured digit. Got a g if Zooltjes as well, but may save that for later.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Smirks wrote:a small, deep cut in the index finger on my left hand, my bong holding hand.
Teach ya to laugh at me banging my head won't it :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
Smirks wrote: with a g of the Afghaan everyone has been raving about. Fantastic aroma, great taste and the necessary stone to be an effective painkiller for my injured digit. Got a g if Zooltjes as well, but may save that for later.
FYI , those 2 do go rather well together :wink: :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

ftcarer wrote:
Smirks wrote:a small, deep cut in the index finger on my left hand, my bong holding hand.
Teach ya to laugh at me banging my head won't it :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
Smirks wrote: with a g of the Afghaan everyone has been raving about. Fantastic aroma, great taste and the necessary stone to be an effective painkiller for my injured digit. Got a g if Zooltjes as well, but may save that for later.
FYI , those 2 do go rather well together :wink: :mrgreen:
Banged to rights! :o :mrgreen: :lol:

Yep, I didn't wait and after half a dozen bong hits of the Afghaan on it's own, it was time to combine the two. Yum yum.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Time to buy a bong.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Tram to Dam Square and then stopped by the Roor shop...just for a look, then on to the plethora of tourist shops on Haarlemerstrat, but all their glass was way over priced for the half decent stuff. Been sent a PM to check the shop opposite 420. May do later.

Having wandered up this way, I took a pleasant stroll through the Jordaan, ending up at Paradox for some of their finger hash, 0.8 for €12. Borrowed a bong but they only have plastic and after one unsatisfying toke, due to the bong being in dire need of a good clean/dustbin, decided to roll instead. Had a fattie of the rest of the PSB mixed with the newly acquired finger hash. Finger hash, the irony of it only just dawned on me. Pretty nice and anyway I think my finger has pretty much healed up already.

But just as one stoner nightmare passes into the land of forgotten dreams, one of my contact lenses pops out. Minor annoyance in the grand scheme if things. Fly n buy time. Really like Paradox, but they should invest in some better bongs.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

I might even do my buying before my flying :mrgreen:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

First stop Grey Area, asked to see Quaze but it was out. Was advised to try Barney's Dr Grinspion instead. No surprise there. Bought 1g of Khufu instead.

Next Anyday, so quick it could almost have been a drive-buy, as I swooped a g each of Hiya and Rootang Valley before making a fast getaway onto...

Utopia, Very friendly female BT, smelled loads and eventually settled on a g of Edelweiss. Borrowed a nicely sized Roor, and yoked away to my hearts content, partaking if the Edelweiss and the Hiya.

Have now moved on to dinner at Haes Claes. Yum.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Great start , the studio place sounds wicked enjoy
-
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Have a great day today! Glad your finger isn't slowing you down.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.