After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
hasj

Post by hasj »

Yet another trip is over. Four days of happiness, smiles and not caring. I flew over on the 19th via the new KLM route to Schiphol from Manston. 45 minutes, one stroop waffle and an orange juice later we land at Schiphol after a bit of stacking over Rotterdam, uneventful and quick, just how a flight should be. Onto the train into town and headed straight for Coffeeshop Utopia and their Hostel where I stayed. Purchasing my first bit of weed at 10AM. I had planned to drop my bags off, roll a joint and rush off to meet everyone at the T'n'T at Voyagers. But of course it never quite happens like that. I was very much enjoying my first joint while I chatted with Ingi, when a well known Amsterdam nutter came in. This guy...
http://youtu.be/46ivlPxw09s
He can be very annoying but seems to be harmless. As far as I understand he had some sort of vehicle accident in the seventies. But it is fun to draw or write in his book. He does occasionally need to be firmly told to stop what he is doing, like Ingi told him off after he randomly came up to me and started talking to me like he knew me as he does a lot. Ingi was very patient with him and had it under control but there was no way I was leaving her on her own with him in, so I missed the T'n'T.
After fours hours of laughing, chatting, smoking and dealing with the local nutter I eventually took my bag upstairs and then shot off out. At this time and place I can't remember where I went next, or who with, it all starts to blur into one after four hours in Utopia. I know I spent quite a bit of time with Nimrod and we ate at Pieminister, that is certainly somewhere worth going. Of course we went to Voyagers and the much loved Super Bio Lemon Haze. Anyday for the SSH, Grinspoon and Oaxacan. I know I went to the Nes Cafe and met a lot of people.

Saturday starts a bit clearer with BacktoDam turning up to Utopia and then us heading off to La grotte for breakfast. Uitsmijter, a joint of Grinspoon from Anyday, the lovely waitresses and a glass of milk certainly is one of the best ways to start a day. Again it all starts to go blurry in what hapened and when. I think we headed for Voyagers and then down through town. Most days end up with multiple visits back to Utopia and the Nes. We met up for the webcam wave and then i split off from everyone and headed for Burgermeester at Elandsgracht for my favourite burger. Then Paradox for 5 Euros of Purple and the SSH. Not keen on the redecoration at all. I didn't stop though because it was on to Grey Area for the Girl Scout Cookies. I bumped into Dconstrukt here, I also managed to lose him here due to being too high. Being stoned and having to wait for Steph to go get another bag of the GSC from upstairs means I forget what I am doing hehe, sorry man. Straight over to Utopia to smoke the GSC and I spent 420 there chonging on the thin mints. A very nice weed but not very strong, something I could smoke a lot of. Then into another blurry evening... Nes... Utopia... Voyagers... lots of walking around... back and forth... buy and fly run to Anyday. I think you get the picture.

I had said that I was going to be at Stuart1976's T'n'T, the only T'n'T I said that I definitely would go. I apoligise but Amsterdam happened and I forgot till about teatime. Sorry man.

Sunday started off the same as yesterday except this time the Grinspoon was from Kadinsky, not as strong but still strong enough. Spent a nice twenty minutes in the shop by the Dam the previous night rolling up a couple of joints.
After breakfast at La Grotte me and BacktoDam decide to go to Voyagers then walk all the way to De Pijp for some smoking. I think this was when we started thinking about trying Coffeeshops all you ACD'ers avoid like the plague and our first hit was the 'Bass'ment in the Red Light.
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Bassment.html
Most may recognise it when they walk past. When you look in there is a pentagon(maybe) shaped bench seat which is often empty, and the reason why it is often empty is that the area by the dealer is a total non smoking zone. They have a large smoking room with a pool table at the back. It seems pleasant enough here, the dealer was pleasant enough. BacktoDam bought some Black Cheese which was a nice fruity cheesey smoke as you would expect, type of weed. So nothing seems bad at that shop, maybe others will try it and report on it.
Then onto De Pijp and the first place we go to is Katsu. I bought a 10 Euro bag of mango haze, it had huge bag appeal with the smell. Once ground it smelt even better and when smoked it was beautiful. I highly recommend the Mango Haze at Katsu right now. BacktoDam got what he has been getting for years, the Crystal Clear, 20 Euro for 0.5g I believe. I will be buying some of this next time I go to Katsu, a hash that has been named very correctly. So off round the corner to Club Media. Young Portugese? lady dealer on, Hindu Kush and some Silver Bubbleis what I wanted, but they only had stems in the Silver tub. The dealer suggest if I came back about 5 that they would have more so straight off we go with no purchases till later to Kabouter. The menu was small and nothing seemed remotely interesting so we left and went to De Graal. Great service from the guy at De Graal, purchased the Super High Rize(this is how they spell it, most probably to differentiate from High Rise(Master Kush)) and Goldrup which I am told is their most popular Indica. Grabbed a pair of armchairs upstairs and chilled, it's definitely like someones front room from the eighties and never been decorated or attempted to remove the nicotine. Sounds grim but it is a great enviroment to chill in. Over the road to Burgermeester, I love this place. Then back to Media, we are a little early at half four, still no Bubble so I get the Hindu Kush as Ingi from Utopia suggested and grab the bench seat with the back to the dealer. When the Bubble arrives the enthusiastic dealer leaps out in front of me suddenly shoving a tub full of Silver Bubble in my face, mmmmmmmmm smells fantstic. Yes please says I and she goes weighs it up for me and brings it back. Top service at Media from the very beautiful ladies.
So we start heading back to town and we already have planned where we are going next. The Bulldog on the Leidesplein! Yes we are going here because people hate it. The location is excellent and I have always found the Coffeeshops enviroment to be good. I used to go here in the early nineties and it is still some of my female friends favourite shop. It still looks just the same as it always has done except with the exception that there is now a glass door on that little back room bit for a smoking room, but everyone seems to be smoking everywhere I even walked through the gift shop on the way out with a lit joint. The slender smoking room that now has the door on makes a superb hotbox and I think maybe in the future us ACD'ers should go and hit it in large numbers and smoke the place out. 15 or 20 maybe and it will be shoulder to shoulder and will fill up with smoke quickly. Anyway I digress, the important thing is the weed. We had already agreed that if there was nothing that interested either of us we would walk away and find another 'shit' Coffeeshop. BacktoDam asked the dealer what he recommended, the dealer questioned, 'strong?' With BacktoDam quickly replying, 'yes strong'. The dealer without hesitation put his finger on the menu and said Super Silver Haze. So we bought their deal which was 1.2g for 12 Euro I believe, it was certainly 12 Euro. Off into the hotbox for a smoke, no drinks purchased, no complaints from the staff. I rolled it up, quite poorly I have to say but quite smokeable, not too bad, a big fat joint. We started smoking it and yes the guy was right, it is strong. It certainly rose it's head above what we had been smoking at Media. It certainly tasted and smelt like SSH I am a fan of SSH so I hope I can tell. It was a very nice example and I would very happily buy more. So we smoke about half the huge joint, chip it, and save it for Voyagers ;)
So when we get to Voyagers, i'm not sure if this was our next stop but we hit it just before most people are leaving for 1e Hulp. Smirks gives me the wand treatment just before they leave, thanks Smirks, that hit hard, who knows what weed it was or where the isolator was from but that made me feel quite trippy. When I left Voyagers I saw Bish and I had real trouble holding it together then hehehehe we were talking but my brain wasn't functioning right hehehehe. Anyway the SSH joint is pulled out and sparked up, everyone is told it is SSH but they are not told it was from the Bulldog. I know RobOG, Smirks and Gapie smoked it, maybe more. It was accepted and they all seemed to enjoy it. So I think we can safely say that the Bulldog can have nice weed just like our favourite shops can have bad weed. And it was great fun watching people smoke Bulldog weed when they don't know what it is.
More blurryness Sunday night... Utopia... Anyday... you get the picture...
Monday, last day in town. Going to Centraal about 7 to go home, so just a loungey day. I did turn up to go on the yet again failed boat trip. So instead I spent the boat money on weed, back to Utopia and just chilled with some very nice people.
Met loads of good old friends, lots of new friends, lots of people full stop.
Seen some very funny things including what looked very much like one forum member walking around the top of the red light district outside the windows stark bollock naked for ten to fifteen minutes before the mounted police showed up. The guy had a very small todger and like I say looked very like one forum member, I don't like to name names but if this guy was on here and used a similar username to who he looks like he would be called Nimrodless quite aptly hehehehehe
A great weekend was 204(English date format)
I wasn't to blame for anything that Sonya 'half a toke' says hehehe
I cant be responsible for people fainting or the fridge door falling off although it was close with getting that Malaysian lad a bit too high hehehe
A big thanks to all the Utopia crew, you are all great.
Any stories you hear about me cant be true, honest!
Till next time everyone, till next time.
Last edited by hasj on Tue 23rd Apr 2013 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

# on #! on #
Cisco

Re: 204

Post by Cisco »

Awesome thanks for the report
-
hasj

Post by hasj »

Oh yes three nights stay and 28 empty bags in my pocket. And the special award for best greeting from someone at a Coffeeshop was Trad at Voyagers, I had barely got a foot in the door when a vape bag was shoved in my face, nice one man, you are a star :)
# on #! on #
hasj

Post by hasj »

I am such a stoner, all that writing and I didn't mention the outstanding smoke once.
Sour Diesel - Utopia
Multiple purchases of this, just superb.
# on #! on #
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

A nice read, I have a few memories of Trad bombing around with vape bags all over Amsterdam, what a star.
What a long strange trip it is.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Nice to have met you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

spidergawd wrote:A nice read, I have a few memories of Trad bombing around with vape bags all over Amsterdam, what a star.
Wifey was destroyed 1st night :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Quality report Hasj, was a pleasure to meet you and share a few smokes. Nice to see you're not scared to admit to visiting Bulldog. I also went to the Leidseplein Bulldog a few times in the early nineties. Dont remember the weed being anything special but was a cool place to chill, in the downstairs juice bar. The bar/nightclub upstairs was also good for after hours smoke friendly nights.

The Sour D from Utopia was indeed outstanding, didn't like the Shoreline much but I mixed the bits you gave with other weed so all was good. :mrgreen:
Colino

Post by Colino »

NIce report hasj, thanks for taking the time!
Lamont

Post by Lamont »

Nice report. I love me some Sour D, so jealous!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Good stuff hasj, loved the read....oh yes, heres never a shortage of funny tales that come out of the RLD lol
Amsterdam dreaming.............
toker31

Post by toker31 »

Wonderful report Hasj. Sounds like you can hold your own my friend!

Thanks for taking the time to report...

This Nimrodless gui sounds like a crazy man :!:
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Nice to see you again, man. 8) Good times. Nice write-up.

He may have looked like me, but so do a lot of nekkid wankers. :wink: :lol: Can't really help that.

So, what else did you get from Jessica :?:
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Thanks for the great travelouge hasj! :mrgreen:

Many years ago I saw a bald guy at Leidseplein who climbed up a lamp post naked... :x :lol:
gapie

Post by gapie »

We miss u quazer
Wtf where u lol
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
gapie

Post by gapie »

But nice report hasj
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!