17th to 20th may trip report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
stints

17th to 20th may trip report

Post by stints »

6,5 hour drive and it did nothing but rain the whole time ...the second we park the car at zeeburg P&R the rains stops and doesent come back until we leave !
i make my travel company wait at centraal while i spring over to Voyagers to stock up on some gear...

2 gr of og 18 at 15e a gr this time i was disapointed in the taste theres not much there id rate it 6/10
2 gr of kosher kush 15e a gr my first time kosher and i dont really get what the hype is about the strength is ok but again the taste didnt really stand out to me... 6/10 also
1 gr of purple westside 13.50e a gr this delivered a nice taste and was a smooth smoke and didnt make me cough like the og or the kosher.. 8/10

normally Voyagers always delivered top notch stuff this time i was probably unlucky with some not so good batches but non the less ill be back :)
very friendly service had a quick chat with highly blessed...

back to my travel company and down to weesperplain with the metro to check into our houseboat...
shortly after we head out towards cafe de klos with a quick stop at barneys lounge ...

Barneys Lounge :
1 gr g13 haze very nice and fruity taste forgot the price... 8/10
1 gr dr.grinspoon 18e a gr very nice taste covered in trichomes ...9/10
1 gr tangerine dream 15 e a gr very tastey also smooth and long lasting smoke 8/10
1 gr king hassan 12e a gr white pollen a little hard but smoked smoothly 7/10

time for dinner at cafe de klos between the 4 of us we had the sirloin the ribs and the chicken and it was as always great! had a 30 minute wait as there where a bunch of folks infronf of us...i noticed the coffeeshop next door and around 10.30 pm on a friday night it was empty where the rest of the street was buzzing...i wonder why that it is it looked inviting ...happy feelings if i remember the name right....has anyone ever ben in there`?
we head to bulldog palace (my first time but seemed like the closest smoker friendly bar from cafe de klos) we got a table outside had some beers and watched life flowing by there was a south european guy juggling a football and he kept climbing up light pole juggling the football without losing it ...impressiv...
my drunk companion got intrested in febos on his way home and bought something out of the machine took one bite and put it back because he didnt like it after the little window was shut again he realized what he just did ...haha to funny...he wasnt aware he cant reopen the window without paying again...i hope someone noticed and replaced it haha we found a couch in the middle of a road on the way home there was a bunch of art laying next to the couch...

day 2:

we start the day at the albert cuyp market with some fresh pressed oj for 1 euro a glass i end up buying a amsterdam flag and t shirt my mate buys a amsterdam backpack...
we hit our destination the butcher where we indulge in there burgers and balou was right the burgers are better than burger bar and i will certainly return!
after that i hit katsu to chill for a bit i pick up :

california kush 0.8 gr for 10e had a unique taste but not the usual kush taste it was a creeper and pretty strong 8/10
hindu kush 0.8 gr for 10e didnt taste like anything and was that strong either ...5/10
mount cook 1gr for 10e a strain i never heard of before so i was intrested but again no taste and not much to write about 5/10

we part ways for a few hours and i decide to make my way up to grey area and to chill for a bit at utopia later ..
on my way to grey area i crossed a demonstration with a lot of angry people i think it was about mass farming animals ...

grey area the que wasnt to long and after a short wait i scored :

1gr casey jones 13.50 e a gr awesome taste and great high 9/10
1 gr strawberry sour diesel 16e a gr i had better for less money small buds not much taste 7/10

i stroll around the corner to utopia and have a small chat with nel i pick up:
1gr sour diesel 13e a gr now here is the taste i was looking for sour heaven... 8/10

as i chill and indulge in smoking some sour diesel gapie comes walking in ...greetings ... he is on his way to grey area but hangs out for a bit and i share some california kush and hindu kush with him which seemed to ravish him a little bit ...i ask him him if its a national holiday in the netherlands on monday and he replies yes it is i think its eastern......i didnt laugh so hard in a long time hahah...
we part ways as he heads over to grey area and i make my way down to the museumsplain to meet with the others
looking at my acd map and beeing a little early for the meetup i decide to hang and check out rookies for a bit ...
1 gr super pollen 11e a gr ...awesome dark squidgy hash great rich taste 9/10

after meeting the others who have in the meantime checked out the stedelijk museum and some grachten boat tour at the i amsterdam sign we make our way through vondel park to planet rose the only caribean restaurant in amsterdam..
we had made reservations ahead of time and when we walked in we where happy we did every table was reserved and there arent many tables all in all..
the place is small but cosy with oldschool decor bob marley playing in decent volume in the background and pictures of big reggae stars who ate there before..(capleton,sizzla,buju banton , beenie man , bounty killer , ziggy marley to name a few) the daily changing menue was waritten on a big white board the neighbour table ( 9 people) one of them gets up walks to the white board and takes a picture of the menue goes back to the table and texts the pictures to the others at the table to make there choice...i just thought thats cool and somewhat awkward haha
we ordered :
salt fish fritters
cassawachips with avacadodip
chicken soup
jerk chicken
brown chicken stew
jerked snapper

the food wasnt fancy its like a home cooked meal of real caribean food not watered down for european taste....all main orders where served with rice&beans and plantain!

stuffed and happy we walk around the block to chill at kashmir lounge for a bit a nice smoker friendly bar with coffeeshop across the street...
the beer and drinks in general seemed cheaper than in the centrum and it was pretty quiet i thought for a saturday night some dj playing house musik ..some amstel ice beers and genevas later i stroll across the street to check out the coffeeshop i buy a gr of warme ortjes on suggestion of the budtender who said he smokes nothing else...i was 11e a gr and again a little dry and hard but was a good smoke all in all 7/10

day 3:

we walking into the centrum to have lunch at pieminister and each order a diffrent pie with mash and gravy....a good indiviudal eatery not to expensive fresh and organic ...definatly worth checking out to get away from the usual burger ,kebab,pizza ,steak, etc etc .....
we check out the red light district and as we get to the church my wife spots the world press photo exhibiton and would like to check it out after seeing the line outside im not that up to it and tell her ill meet them at greenhouse effect bar when they are done....greenhouse effect bar is / was one of my favorite hang outs but this time things have changed...the bar isnt smoker friendly no more the back area got seperated by big glass doors and is the smoking area(smoke box) now...gives the place a weird vibe and i dont like sitting in smoke boxes much...sad to see this happening more and more...the last bits and pieces of freedom fading away.....
we head over towards grey area so the females can get themself some chocolates from puccini and after that walk to cafe heffer to have a lindeboom as unfortunatly the wildeman was closed on sunday..
from there we stroll to ricks cafe for some more beers and to make plans for dinner...
the original plan was to go to bensonsbbq at the overtoom but non of us felt like going that far out so we decided to go around the corner to amsterdams steakhouse which was a really good choice the pizza was awesome and the 450gr t bone steak i had was fantastic and for 22e not overpriiced at all...
we return to ricks cafe for some more beers and met peter from sweden who is in town for work reasons and we share some smokes he had some kush from ricks coffeeshop next door which was delcious and awesome looking also he was to stoned to remember what kush tough haha
we part ways and my crew wants to go for a late night stroll trough the red light district and i almost got pulled into a window but my wife pulled me back out haha we buy some ice cream and some fries and just watch the mayhem around us .. its late we are buzzed and its time to go back to the houseboat....
thats it another weekend in amsterdam longly awaited flew by in a second and now patiently waiting for next time...
until we see each other again goodbye amsterdam!

geekymonkey

Re: 17th to 20th may trip report

Post by geekymonkey »

stints wrote:i wonder why that it is it looked inviting ...happy feelings if i remember the name right....has anyone ever ben in there`?
Last year I was there with Gapie and OGJay while we waited for a table at deKlos. I got a nice gram of laughing buddha. Seemed like a decent shop.

Great report, I really enjoyed it and found your reviews informative. Thanks!
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Colino

Post by Colino »

Great read so far, really enjoyed it! thanks for taking the time!
GlasgowRanger

Post by GlasgowRanger »

nice report man glad to hear a positive review from rookies I stayed in there hotel a few years ago and enjoyed it, also did happy feelings have a bright neon sign and a turnstyle thing to get into the smoking area if so iv been there briefly
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Went to Happy Feelings last summer when it was ridiculously humid, protip: it has proper aircon. Otherwise, not my sort of place really: weed was boring and average, drinks from a vending machine, mtv music & video on, very touristy customer base. Much preferred the shop when it was Global Chillage, though I've been in more offensive places definitely.

Cheers for the report dude :)
highlyblessed

Post by highlyblessed »

stints wrote: planet rose the only caribean restaurant in amsterdam..
we had made reservations ahead of time and when we walked in we where happy we did every table was reserved and there arent many tables all in all..
the place is small but cosy with oldschool decor bob marley playing in decent volume in the background and pictures of big reggae stars who ate there before..(capleton,sizzla,buju banton , beenie man , bounty killer , ziggy marley to name a few) the daily changing menue was waritten on a big white board the neighbour table ( 9 people) one of them gets up walks to the white board and takes a picture of the menue goes back to the table and texts the pictures to the others at the table to make there choice...i just thought thats cool and somewhat awkward haha
we ordered :
salt fish fritters
cassawachips with avacadodip
chicken soup
jerk chicken
brown chicken stew
jerked snapper

the food wasnt fancy its like a home cooked meal of real caribean food not watered down for european taste....all main orders where served with rice&beans and plantain!
sorry bro but gotta disagree on rose,it is not the only Caribbean,there is oceanz on the albert cuypstraat is millions times better,i find roses to be really watered down for euro,well more surinaam tastes,rose dosent use scotch bonnet in her jerk???? thats a main basic ingredient
next time try oceanz

https://www.facebook.com/oceanzcuisine?fref=ts

bleeessssss
stints

Post by stints »

thanks for the info hb will deffo check it out next time im in town...we even asked them if they are the only one and they claimed yes we are ...oh well...
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Thanks for the trip report, was a good read. :mrgreen:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Enjoyable report, thanks. :D

Incidentally, Happy Feelings was quite surprise for me... Never been in there before September of last year... Didn't like the atmosphere, but the BT was friendly and i ended up with 2g of their black Nepal which was the nicest black hash i had that trip... Can't comment on the Green, but i'll be back in July to see if they can impress me again.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thank You
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Lamont

Post by Lamont »

thanks for your report and for the weed reviews. glad you had a good time.
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

feel like have to check out both Planet Rose and Oceanz next time I am in town.
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/