One day hash trip to Nijmegen

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Jesscass

Re: One day hash trip to Nijmegen

Post by Jesscass »

Indeed that's my thinking as well! Those 15€ were very, very steep for Nijmegen as most wiet and hasj is maximum 10€/g even nowadays(quality is average at best weedwise though). On the other side - just look at menus from 2007 to 2008 - Dampkring group and their high end Rifmans were also 14€('Noor') back then.

I remember my very first visit there very well and after I told that guy on shift about my approach I was recommended Caramel(back then 9€)which I bought as well as Chocolat(10€ back then)and Noga(15€).
All great stuff especially latter one(pocket microscope :mrgreen: !).
So regarding prices I think they just reduced the price(and 'of course' quality. The least a coffeeshop has to do! In my experience just not the case often, especially weedwise)as most people go for their cheaper smokes on offer.
I don't think they did it because they ran out as I'm convinced they're well connected :mrgreen: ! Other shops wouldn't necessarily reduce the price when quality drops(just look at Marok21's experiencies with Original Dampkring , https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... &start=570 and they get away with it as there are enough tourists don't giving a fuck)so they seem to care about their customers(if customers are mostly locals you have to it seems). You definitely get what you pay for here, another big plus in my eyes!

Don't want to start an argument but I don't buy that 14€/g story it's pointless anyway as dutch coffeeshop prices(or us-dispensaries)are too damn overpriced in the end of the day(it's at best all about inspiration) so taxfree black markets are the place to go :lol: !

kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Jesscass wrote: it's pointless anyway as dutch coffeeshop prices(or us-dispensaries)are too damn overpriced in the end of the day(it's at best all about inspiration) so taxfree black markets are the place to go :lol: !
=
kingbee wrote: Ok put it this way: even when you can get great import hash on the black market, it's still interesting to try other outstanding types.
Always like to quote myself and find my monologues excellent by the way :mrgreen: !
kingbee wrote: Has anyone compared the old "most expensive" type of Moroccan hash under the microscope with the current version at Kruidentuin.
Since I'm a regular visitor this is me then again probably. I had it a few months(as both versions at least numerous times)ago and as already said it doesn't really matter which batch as you definitely get what you pay for! Also I can echo everything Marok21 already wrote about Kruidentuin(definitely in my top 3-5 of all time when it comes to coffeeshops!). I read about your approach and what you're looking for but in your position I'd try at least all the stuff mentioned here already as they let you try everything as long as it's 5€ minimum.
Enjoy :) !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

thanks for the comments... not easy to write an "interessting" travelogue :roll: much respect to all the guys who take the time :shock: to make these awesome travelogues we all love to read :thumbup:

Like Jesscass said I would try all the hashes from 8€ on... they are all "special" compared to the usual coffeeshop hash you can find in the most coffeeshops. Maybe not 100%
clean (don´t looked at the hashes with a microscope...) like the Nouga you got in the past but very nice... don´t go only for the priciest hash. For me the Caramel was the "best" hash from the menu last time... Overall I would say Caramel, Chocolat and Nouga have a little bit better quality (effect wise) than the Manali and Paki... but they are also nice and special :D
Jesscass wrote:it doesn't really matter which batch as you definitely get what you pay for!
Yeah thats it!!! They really take care on their customers... most people who buy there are regular customers. Prices are very nice and if they know you they give always a little bit more :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Short update

The hash quality here is still compared to other coffeeshops in the border area pretty good. While personaly I still prefer Amsterdam in terms of hash quality. There are also other opinions about that for sure but the variety is the biggest in Amsterdam (from Coffeeshops) and also the prices can be pretty good if you know the places.

Kruidentuin in Nijmegen is still a gem for every hash lover but also in terms of classic moroccan hash Amsterdam has some good options even with the problems on the hash market atm.

In terms of newschool hash you see a big difference. In Nijmegen you can get newschool hash but compared to the good "newschool" hashes in Amsterdam it´s much weaker maybe because it´s simply a lower quality... well Toermalijn in Tilburg has also some great newschool hash and of course some other coffeeshops in other cities have good quality for sure but the variety is just the biggest in Amsterdam.

Overall from all cities in the border area Nijmegen is one of the best options for hash if not the best but especially in terms of potency I would prefer Amsterdam usually. Well Kruidentuin alone is worth a visit to Nijmegen :lol: but also some classic hashes like the Beldia (11€/g) from Tweede Kamer are stronger than any hash that I found in Nijmegen on my last trip.