Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt15 Oct 2015 Smoke Report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
pengaldinho

Re: Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt15 Oct 2015 Smoke Report

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 6
Check out of apartment

Kastu –
0.4g Dr grinspoon ice E20 – My mate got this, didnt do much.

Kashmir Lounge to smoke through the stash

Tram up to Burger Bar

Green Place had shoreline on the menu when we poped in for a last smoke before getting the train. I couldn’t be bothered to even look at it.

bags

Close ups to come...

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

lol you really spend 200euro a trip on crap weed
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
macky

Post by macky »

RvanSteensel wrote:lol you really spend 200euro a trip on crap weed
Sad part looks way more then 200euros :shock:
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

I only spent about E150 on weed, I stuck to the yummy hash :mrgreen: But some of my mates who are less concerned with quality spent a stupid amount of money on what I consider inferior :evil: And like I said it was depressing to see. :x

I forgot to mention that I bought a pair of hair straighteners out there to try and press some rosin, but didn't have any luck. It just seemed to cook the weed but didn't excrete any goo. I watched a youtube tutorial and tired to copy, maybe i was too baked :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

pengaldinho wrote:I forgot to mention that I bought a pair of hair straighteners out there to try and press some rosin, but didn't have any luck. It just seemed to cook the weed but didn't excrete any goo. I watched a youtube tutorial and tired to copy, maybe i was too baked :D
You're probably not using enough pressure - I stand on mine, full body weight - and I'm over 6 feet tall (it helps if the straighteners are flat not rounded). You don't need much heat - 105-110°c is plenty. Pressure is the key. At those temps you can press for as long as you like without losing too many terps.

With enough practice you'll get most of the oil out in the first press. For the second press I fold the bud (now a chip) over on itself twice then re-press. Repeat for the third press - sometimes it's worth it, sometimes not.

The age of the material you're pressing makes a big difference on the yield / stability too.
Fresher = more yield but less stable
More cured = less yield but more stable
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Proper report as usual, Pengaldinho, cheers :D ! Indeed bummer about the quality of offered wiet. Seems we went the same month but only bought one strain of weed as far as I remember(not worth mentioning :lol: !). Old hat.

Drooling over the pictures of Cheese Pollen and 0000, this perfectly brings back memories, well done I can almost smell it, cheers again :) . Nice you finally could try the Cheese Pollen I too do not understand why you haven't been back for more by the way :mrgreen: ! Sadly it was off the menu a couple of weeks later.
By the way I overlooked the Cheese Hash at De Graal as I found out a couple of days later after the trip even though it was listed. You mentioned it beside others in your report here, would like to read something about it, any chance you tried it and how was it compared to Bluebird's version?

Agree about 0000, too. Really unique hashish but sadly a bit weak, especially for said price. Smoked a lot before trying it though. In my humble opinion came across even somewhat fruity.
Will check out Massawa and others mentioned too on my next trip very soon as I had Orle's recommandation in mind for some time and for some reasons it's a good opportunity to go, thanks for inspiration to both of you(not that I'm looking for deals but as you said good value for a coffeeshop)! Seems it's gonna be a massive list of hashes to try this time, tough and rough job but someone's got to do it I asssume, right :mrgreen: ?

Think mentioned it before, two are better than one though: http://www.restaurantbiladi.nl/ , just around the corner of Kashmir Lounge, good and authenic moroccan food I can assure you, worth a bite :mrgreen: !

Graffiti shots I appreciate as usual too , same with the picture of the mint tea, is it the real deal(sweet tiny joint, too :mrgreen: )? While we're on it picture of molten butter with hashish definitely triggers something too(too familar, yuck! :lol: ), a cake is definitely a lot tastier than my usual yogurts if you have time and stuff!
Enjoy your upcoming trip, too!
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

Quality trip report peng always.

:mrgreen:
trips to Amsterdam 19
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Top-notch reporting there Pengaldinho. Indeed a bummer about the poor showing of quality-nuggets! Glad the hash was good though. If you wouldn't mine could you answer a few inquires of mine about CS Massawa? General location/neighborhood. Would you rate it as the best place for hash of this past trip? What was the choicest hash of the one's you sampled from the menu, if you could only recommend one? (and a runner-up, I 'spose)

Lastly, OHMF (as usual) hit the nail on the head about rosin tech. PRESSURE-PRESSURE-PRESSURE!!! It's key here, also as he mentioned lower temps are better (from 100 or celsius, up to but not exceeding, 130) when you get to 120-130 range you shouldn't press for more than 10 or 15 seconds, or you may indeed burn off some terps. Lastly try it with some higher-grade (by UK standards, bog-standard for 'Dam) import-hash, with a 25 micron screen (that second part is very important to actually separate the fully meltable oils, from the combustible vegitative matter (and other contaminants), you'll be much more happy with your yield. Of course if you can suffer through the labor-intensive and not so fruitful process of pressing nugs, then you'll be rewarded with the tastiest cannabis product in the land bar none.

Hope to see more reporting from you in the future.

Cheer! :mrgreen:
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

OHMF: Cheers for the info and tips, ill take my straightens with me and give it another go. I definitely wasn't putting as much pressure as you are suggesting.

Jesscass: Glad you enjoyed the report and that it brought back happy smoking memories! I didn't even consider the cheese hash from De Graal in comparison to Bluebirds offering, my mate bought and smoked it and i don't remember anything, sorry!
I found the initial rush from the 0000 to be fairly powerful and zoney, but it didn't last that long. It was being sold in those goo pots you see in US dispensaries.
Massawa is fairly similar to Bronx CS: simple shop, good to really good hash for nice prices. You wont find the more exotic hashes here or the top quality that I have had from De Graal in years gone by but the prices reflect that. The mint tea was decent, but the tea was poured onto the leaves so I had to leave it to brew. Enjoy ticking the new shops off the list!
Thanks for the reminder, I am staying in the west so will check out Biladi, also going to have a look at Foodhallen this trip. On this trip a had a pack of small raws and enjoyed smoking small hasj joints in the am :mrgreen: you can still get a fair bit in :)

DeLeu: Thanks, as I said above Massawa is similar to Bronx. Local/residential neighborhood CS, friendly service, nice mostly traditional hash! I would happily have the Royal Premier as my daily daytime smoke, lovley stuff. But if you want the AK-OG block style hashs stick to Damprking etc. I don't know about best, Bluebird is up there because the Cheese Pollen was beautiful smoke.
My high grade uk hash would be high grade if it were sold in Amsterdam :mrgreen: If i get a chase to do a test run before I go ill compare!
Was looking at getting these screens to take http://www.amazon.co.uk/SMO-KING-Pressi ... ing+screen
I hope I get some flavorful extracts, most if not all of the concentrates ive had in Dam have lacked taste.
I should have another report up in next few weeks:D
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Just remembered that on Day 3 after Flevo I went to The Stud coffee shop, i posted this on their ACD review page:
I was alerted to this shop when I saw that beanhead Andrew Pryah's review of El Toro (Shoreline x Kosher Kush) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxMtpFHe20M Which is two of Dams best strains over the last few years, I was interested to see what the cross would be like.
I then looked on google and The Stud has the most reviews (165 and a 4.9/5 average) of any cofeeshop in Amsterdam! The second closest is Grey Area with 146 reviews and 4.5/5, some thing fishy is going on there :?:
I then went to the shop on my last trip solely to get some El Toro but it only had a tiny twinge of something nice and was some average non discript run off the mill skunk (In context I was disappointed by the vast majority of the bud I got, trip report still to come :oops: ) One of the guys i was traveling with got two E10 bags - WW & Lemon haze, both were full of seeds. I was going to see the graffiti so it was only a small detour but if i traveled all the way from the center just for that i would have been pissed. Wont be back.

And I went into Dutch flowers specifically to smell the NYCD, it had a faint diesel smell so I passed. My friend who also loves diesel got it and it smoked poorly. Surprise surprise!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:Lastly try it with some higher-grade (by UK standards, bog-standard for 'Dam) import-hash, with a 25 micron screen (that second part is very important to actually separate the fully meltable oils, from the combustible vegitative matter (and other contaminants), you'll be much more happy with your yield.
I'd definitely like hear about the results of pressing out some of those lovely chunks of import you post pics of Peng... be really interested to hear your thoughts on the contents of the product once you'd pressed it out to oil. You can get the 25 micron screen Deleukste is talking about on Amazon or eBay or whatever it's really cheap http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00W ... ge_o04_s00 and absolutely essential when pressing out hash.

Try it - I think you might like it :lol:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

I see where you coming from, Pengaldhinho. Funny you mention Foodhallen as in preparation of this trip I noticed
it's nearby. Intended to go a while back when Stuart1976 recommended it. Originally planned on definitely going
to Biladi again this time and maybe Foodhallen but plan went out of the window during the crawl in the west. Also as
my mate had other plans and already was patient enough with me.
However, just came back and you should give El Marssa a go when you're around anyway, mate, it's nearby.
By the way no problem with taking away version of said mint tea if done right but Massawa's lacked something, again
I can recommend El Marssa. Enjoy :mrgreen: ! Also good luck with the rosin this time.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

@OHMF - I managed to get some 25micron screens delivered before my impending trip :mrgreen: had to pay a bit more than the link you suggested but that was the only way i could guarantee id have before leaving. Ill let you know how it goes :)

@Jesscass - Stuart1976 report also alerted me the Foofhallen, hopefully I will go there and to Biladi this trip as I am staying in the west so have no excuse.
Glad you enjoyed Massawa and others (nice reviews by the way, you covered alot of ground on the hash hunt - cheers for the info) and thanks for the tip of El Marssa, I'll check it out soon :) Yes the mint tea was not great - ill give El Marssa a go with that too.

Close ups to come.....
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

AKOG
Amnesia Cream
Flashback Pollen
Twizzla
Primero
Royal Primero
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

dam diamonds are shining in the sun! That all looks inherently smokable. Are you using a tripod for those aweseom macro shots?
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/