Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt16 March/April 2016 Smoke Report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
pengaldinho

Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt16 March/April 2016 Smoke Report

Post by pengaldinho »

I'm late in putting this report together and have limited notes so not too much detail, but lots of pics :)

Day 1
Landed at 1pm, got the train to central and as I was walking towards the tram ticket place met my mate who is living in Groningen tapped me on the shoulder. Got a tram pass and headed down to

De Graal – Much smaller menu than usual and not a spare seat in the house either.
1g 000 SSH E20 – Smelt amazing, racy up buzz, not overly oily like some of the other modern varieties. Good stuff.

Round the corner to

Club Media –
0.5g Melana Cream E12.50 – nice alert buzz

Sit down and spark up

Check in

The apartment is conviviality located across the canal from

Massawra
5g Premier E40 – nice uplifting polm
5g Royal E50 - sweet classic morroc

It got to about 9pm and we were hungry so me and my mate went to the Foodhallen but half of the stalls were already closed. I realised I would have to spend about E30 to get full after eating a small, but very tasty, steak sandwich for E7.50. In my stoned state I remembered Jessacass mentioning this place http://www.restaurantbiladi.nl and I'm very glad I did. Cheers for the recommendation!

Biladli
I got the lamb shawarma, which was nice but noting amazing, but my mate had the lamb tagine which was melty mutton goodness. Would have preferred couscous to chips but didn’t ask. Will definitely be back for more!

Happily full we went back to apartment to smoke and then sleep

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bundy1983

Re: Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt16 March/April 2016 Smoke Report

Post by bundy1983 »

Great pics & reporting as always.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 2

My other mate turned up via Boerenjongens – SS S'Berry –looked good but was harsh, Tangie x Kosher and others un remarkable. After breakfast and smokes we get the tram to central:

Voyagers – GSC & cheese smelt aful.
1g Kosher Kush E15 – very nice but not quite on top form.

Green Place
1g Shoreline E16 – decent/ok flavour in a joint (not very strong effect though) but AMAZING in a vape! Thick pungent tropical shoreline tang!
1g Yoda OG E16 – had a nice subtle taste that I couldn’t put my finger on., but way overpriced.
0.5g Rolex OG E8 – cant remember

Bluebird
0.7g Critical Mass E12.50 – looked/felt more like the cheese pollen I sampled last trip. Lovely smoke.
0.7g Cheese Pollen E12.50 – much darker than the previous sample and not as nice.
Thai – the lady tender tried to advise me against buying this but I insisted. She was right it was rank, even with loads of hash.

Burrito
Grey Area & Amnesia full

Utopia – nice friendly service as always
1.5g Head band E16/g – smelt good like the sample I got at home but didn’t deliver on taste.
0.5g OG Blueberry -cant remember
1g Amnesia Cream E11 – my mate enjoyed this
teas

Apartment to chill then back to

Foodhallen, all stalls open this time – I got pork belly bhan mi from Viet view, my mates burger from butcher and pie from Moa pies. Yum, Yum and YUM!

1e Hulp – my mate got Dr Grinspoon (not proper) and Strawberry Alien Fire – average.
1g Kandy Kush hash E16 – smelt interesting, wasn't especially nice so it got rosined.
1g OG18 hash E16 – almost impossible to handle. Only smoked a small bit before rosining the rest.

Back to the apartment
mutant tangerine

Rosin pressing – the 73micorn screens OHMFs tip of more pressure worked a treat. It was like a fun stoned science experiment :D

Rosin smoking - i didn't get any amazing flavour but i did get a soaring strong rush of a buzz that cut right through the days smoking :mrgreen:

K.O
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Fuckin' brilliant reporting per usual bro! What are the rosin pressings of? and do you only lace your j's or do also have a rig for proper dabs?

Anyway keep it coming, and if you're keen please do drop a line the next time your around so I can show you some Amsterdam hospitality to the best of my ability :mrgreen: 8) :twisted: :D
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

Sweet reporting, and really nice pics! Thx for sharing! :)
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Thanks guys.
@DeLeu - Cheers, the first rosin press I did was of the Kandy Kush Hash from 1e. I also rosined the OG18 hash and some bud (coming in next installments) Yeah I just dolloped a lump on my joints, it was my first successful pressing so no I don't have a rig. Thanks for the offer, I don't have a trip in the pipe line just now but Ill give you a shout when I'm next in town :D
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 3

table of choice in the morning

Tweede Kamer – my mate enjoyed SSH, mandarin cookies and a few others
1g C5 NoorE16 – Interesting high, cant remember much else.

Brootje Bert for the train

Nijmegen -

Kurdienten – the refub isn’t my thing but it still has great hash at reasonable prices! Chilled for 2hours sampling the hash washed down with mint teas.
1g Nougat E12 – creamy uplifting goodness
1g Chocolate E10 - really nice classic Moroc
1g Caramel E9 – another lovely sample of Moroccan gold
1g Paki E8 - great for the price - taste, effect both very nice.
1g Manali E7 - soft and sticky. Relaxing stone.

Train back to Dam then on to De Graal to chill

Goulash At home – much more expensive now that they use a 'just eat' style delivery service rather than their own delivery driver, was very nice but I wouldn’t get it again at that price. All the sides that were included are E1-2 extra each which adds up.

Watched some football

Pressed out 0.5g of Utopias Headband, only got a tiny bit.

KO
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Your travelogues rule :mrgreen: Loving the pictures mate, it always makes me drool looking at your hash shots! Did you have any better luck with the weed this time around? Thanks for writing this up mate, I'm hoping there's a day four coming :D
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

avfc-herbalist wrote:Your travelogues rule :mrgreen: Loving the pictures mate, it always makes me drool looking at your hash shots! Did you have any better luck with the weed this time around? Thanks for writing this up mate, I'm hoping there's a day four coming :D
Cheers mate. Me and one mate mostly stuck to the hash and there was nowhere near as much weed bought by the group this trip. It was slightly better - Kosher was nice in a spliff and Shoreline in vape, but everything else was fairly average but not as terrible as last trip :roll: Day 4 coming in a few mins :D
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day 4

Mint tea and hash spliff after breakfast

El Marssa – first time in the busy local shop. Chubby dealer had a 100g slab in a plastic bag with really long handles in each pocket, both cut like butter.
1g Marssa Special E12 -lovely classic blonde, almost reddish tint that doesn't seem to have shown up in the pics. Great smoke.
1g Tbizla E9 – not as nice as the special but not bad

Massawa
5g Royal – repeat purchase
Royal and Primier

Bij – My mate got: OG and sours – both poor, SSG13 nice.

Grey Area – tangie, west cost sour diesel, og kush all were bland - my mate got those.
1g Purple Kush e16 – musky purple smell, ok in vape. Offensive in a joint. :(

Amnesia and then Abraxas for a couple of smokes.

Loetje for that drool inducing buttery yummyness.

Katsu – Sour Diesel, OG Kush – my mate got these. One was his joint best sour/og of the trip, I cant remember which.
Thai – almost as bad as Bluebirds – rock dry and bitter tasting :shock:

Apartment - what to choose? :D

More rosin pressing, this time the OG18

smoking flower rosin

Passion fruit

Wandered over to
Kashmir Lounge
Kosher before bed

KO
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Day5

Food Hallen – intended on getting something different but couldn’t resist another:

Kashmir lounge to smoke and roll a few for

Vondel - chilled for an hour or so.

Studio 2 for poffertjes & Chocomel :D

Went to Hill street booze for the last smokes.
Central one last time

Video to come....
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

Great reporting as usual. Sat here drooling (as usual). Thanks Mr. P
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

pengaldinho wrote: Cheers mate. Me and one mate mostly stuck to the hash and there was nowhere near as much weed bought by the group this trip. It was slightly better - Kosher was nice in a spliff and Shoreline in vape, but everything else was fairly average but not as terrible as last trip :roll: Day 4 coming in a few mins :D
It looks like you got stuck into the hash quite nicely mate :D :lol: reading your travelogues always makes me go on a hash hunt when I'm in Dam :mrgreen:. I'm happy that the herb was better for you on this trip! I've never been into green place for some unknown reason but I think I'll be grabbing a g or two of their Shoreline then I'll nip to Loetje for their buttery goodness as you describe it lol, looks amazing mate! Thanks for planting so many ideas in my head :lol:. Really enjoyed the read mate, thanks again!! Roll on part 17 8)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fantatsic stuff! Some awesome hash pics as ever - That OG18 rosin looks great! Lovely colour.
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Wow them hash pics :shock: and the food pics too! Great report pengaldinho.

What was your favourite hash of the trip? And how did you rate the 000 from De Graal in terms of strength compared to other Morrocans you smoked? It's one I unfortunately didn't get to try last time.