A bit late but.... 4.20.2016

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
AndieFRANKBarlow

A bit late but.... 4.20.2016

Post by AndieFRANKBarlow »

Go grab a coffee n roll a skin.... Franks First Solo 420 In Amsterdam … this may have taken me a while as since I got back I’ve had quite a bit of shit going down last couple of months which isn't really sorted but anyway for those who fancy a little giggle here it is only 3 months late …..

Tuesday 19th April
Arrived in Amsterdam at 10am after a few slight delays lost me an hour or so, so got the 197 bus as normal to Leidsplein ( even though I wasn’t stopping there I figured I’d go for a wander around an area I know Prior to heading west of the City to the Esperanza Guest house). Arrived into Leidsplein and had a walk up to 1e Hulp, Picked up a G of the last bit of the Cinderella 99 and 2g of the Kandy Kush Hash ( both 14euro if I remember correctly). .. Sat for an hour had a coffee and a couple of skins before making my (rather stoned) way west towards the hotel.
After arriving at the hotel I checked in unpacked and decided to have a walkabout the west area, after 20-30 minutes I noticed I was walking a familiar street. After a couple minutes more I noticed the fantastic sight that was the Grey Area shop sign ☺ … as per usual the queue was well out the door so I fired up the pre-rolled Cinderella that was in my pocket and proceeded to wait my turn ,(fifteen minutes later) before looking at the menu I wanted try “the Dog” but after a quick look at some tubs I decided against the Dog (I made a promise to myself before the trip to not to spend more than 15euro a G on flowers/nugs) and went for 2G of the Chocberry (13Euro a G)… really pleasant smoke, with a lovely chocolope aftertaste in the background !! Supply all stocked up … off for a bit more of a wander.
Wasn’t long before I found 420 coffeeshop (Dutch flowers), with a lot of talk about the shop being the meet up for 420 I decided to go in test the water … After a good chat with the bud tender I went for the 420kush … at 14euro it was a little overpriced IMO however it tasted fantastic .. Proper Kush taste, so I grabbed another G and chilled for a good while before heading back towards the hotel.
Had a few hours in the hotel kicking back sampling some of the day’s contraband before heading over to utopia for the T&T, however during this chill I chilled a little too much and woke at 10 to 9pm … rushed around and made my way to utopia to see if anyone else had made it.
Arrived at Utopia about 20 past nine to be greeted by Papi who tells me him and another fella (sorry didn’t get your name) just about to head towards Voyagers, was another chap from ACD in the shop who I found out the next day was Occasional Bowl, we were both pretty baked so after saying hello the conversation sort of ended … I decided to stop at Utopia and picked up a Gram of the Shoreline X Kuchi. This was quickly followed by another G straight away... Buds were gorgeous with a great smell and the flavour was just epic, in instant contender for strain of the trip. Finishing my Skin I decided to make my way to Voyagers to see what all the hype was about
Arrived at Voyagers and couldn’t see anyone but decided to stop for a coffee and sample some herb … grabbed some of the Kaligria (if that’s how it is spelt) wasn’t impressed! Not much of a taste to it and nothing special about the effect, definitely bottom of my list of strains so far and for the entire trip. Can’t see me going back to voyagers anytime soon. So I rolled the last of the Kaligria up and headed back west towards the hotel …
**STONER MOMENT** … Ooops … went well past my stop (seemed a lot longer trip earlier in the day) Oh well a nice night for a walk back towards the hotel. Got back hotel around 1am, had a night night joint of the Cinderella and went bed☺.
4:20
Woke up this morning... smiled at the shining sun and rolled a nice chocberry Wake n Bake, jumped in the shower and headed out for my first 420 in Amsterdam …
I decided to have a slow walk over to 1e Hulp via somewhere to eat breakfast, I don’t remember the place I eat but I’d advise against it, after 45 minutes my coffee was gone and no sign of my food so I upped and left ( nope I didn’t pay for the coffee either ☺ )
Arrived at Hulp about 9.30 the place was empty, got speaking to the bud tender who told me it was a special 1 day only menu... So I grabbed some OK Kush and another G of the Candy Kush block. And sat down to chill, after a hr. or so the munchies kicked in hard with having no breakfast so headed into Leidsplein for some munch.
After eating I went around to one of my Favourite daytime chill shops (easy times), for the first time ever I was so disappointed in the standard of bud... everything was bitty and nothing appealed. So o decided to bounce & go for another stoned wander before heading to 420 café for 420.
At this point I stumbled across Mr K &co. what a cracking little shop... Nice and clean and the chill area upstairs could be the comfiest ever. Picked up a G of their Casey Jones and although not the best appearance the smell and taste was bang on... sat and chilled for a bit and got talking to some nut job Dutch girl( didn’t take long for her to do my head in asking silly questions so I finished my coffee and left and started to make my way down to 420 via the webcam spot ( nope I didn’t find the webcam but did arrive at 420cafe with plenty of time to spare before 420.. so I grabbed some more of the 420kush and proceeded to roll a nice fat one.
As 420 grew closer I noticed a few semi- familiar faces (Papi & co) walking towards the shop so knew it must be close to time…

HAPPY 420 EVERYBODY …. Shouted the shop owner ( I believe ) as he proceeded to unveil a whopper of a spliff … after a few hits in true 420 fashion the monster got passed around … followed by another, I must have been passed it half a dozen times but in the end had to decline as it was really harsh !!
I chilled in 420cafe for a good hour or so after speaking to a few members about the previous night’s antics, I decided I needed more food drink and a chill before the night got started so I made my way back to the hotel... on route to the hotel I found one of the bulldogs on the cannels and decided to sample some food … but with a 90 minute wait I decided against that n just had another coffee and a skin before heading back the hotel via chipsy king stop ( mmmmmm dutch mayo )
Yup I fell asleep again, woke up about half 8, so grabbed a quick shower rolled a couple of skins for my journey and headed towards boerejogens West ….
****STONER MOMENT 2****
I got on the wrong tram, didn’t notice until I was in a right sketchy looking part of town, a local told me it would be much quicker get off and walk to another stop and wait for another tram ( I don’t remember the number ) .. After about 30 minutes wait the tram showed up and I got on it to get to boerejogens… after getting off in what I presumed was the wrong place (again) I checked Google which told me the shop was in the location, so after a walk around a block of apartments I found the place …. Well, that nearly wasn’t worth the trip... more or less evry hash was sold out but just as I was about to give up he said “sniff this” WOW WOW WOW … supermazing by name and nature. The buds were like bricks, solid and crystal covered, I had to have a couple G of this ( he even knocked me 2 euro off due to the no hash situation and the dilemma id had getting to the place).

Being out and about I decided to go a wander into the RLD (just for a look ... honest … no honestly!!). after half an hour of wandering aimlessly looking at bums n boobs I ended back at the bulldog I had been a few hours earlier didn’t buy anything just kicked back half hour, shared a skin & Coffee with an Argentinian guy who had lost his wallet and talked about tasty steaks ☺.
*** STONNER MOMENT 3 (this is getting silly) ***
Yup same again, too busy being mashed to notice id gone past my stop … so after another walk around for 20 minutes (Google said 5 minutes through a park but I didn’t fancy that in the pitch black) I finally got back to the hotel. … munchies , a fatty of the superamazing and off I drifted.
Woke up nice and early around 7.30am, showered, packed my bag, rolled one for walking with and said goodbye to the hotel owner. I wanted to get a bit more of the chocberry so foolishly preceded to walk to Grey Area … not a good idea to get there at 9.30am!!
I then went to Utopia, followed by 1e Hulp and they were both closed too... WTF man anyone would think all the owners got blazed to fuck last night or something LOL. (Well we all know now the later wasn’t open for whatever reason for a few days)
By now it was about half 10 so made the executive decision to have a sit down n chill, closest place was Mr Ks, I got there the place was empty so although I didn’t need any more I though only right to grab a G of the LA conf….. Meh not much taste to it but did have a nice effect.
It was about 12 o’clock by now, and having plenty of herbs to set fire too went to the bulldog hotel... sat in the conservatory on a little table and started to assess how much I had to blaze through …
It was apparent straight away that I had too much smoke for the amount of time I had left... so normal skins weren’t an option … I proceeded to roll 2 joints (twice the thickness of my normal smokes) half way down the first got speaking to the general manager of the bulldog shop and wasted away a hr or so discussing the pros & cons of working and living in Amsterdam.
I smoked the joints and decided I’d be a good boyfriend n take the Mrs some Macaroons home... So after a little trip the patisserie (and headshop). Made my way back to the bulldog to continue emptying my baggies.
I rolled my final 2 skins which were all a mad mixture of everything from the two days previous. Topped off with the fantastic Kandy Kush hash.. ha-ha the plume of smoke filled the conservatory and was asked by another member of staff if id mind sitting outside to finish it … as he was telling me this my new best friend from the shop appeared and told him not be silly,, “it’s a coffeeshop it gets Smokey “(I get the feeling this guy was new and won’t be working there for too long).

I finished my joints and started to check my bag for shit that could get me in shit with customs, … lucky I did as I found the last of the Cinderella from 1e Hulp the 1st day in my bag …. So that got rolled quick time. And I made my way to the bus stop.

*****FINAL STONNER MOMENT*****
So I get to the Airport with loads of time to spare, so naturally head toward BK for a nibble before going through security ETC... at this Point I hear over the tanoy “will MR A. Barlow from the UK please go to customer service desk ” … being a bit stoned ( a lot stoned let’s be honest now ) and waiting for a whopper with bacon I just shrugged it off as “hash that can’t be me” … so continued to wait for my burger … 5 minutes later ( & still no burger ) again the same call so I get my food and have a walk to the desk “ hi iam Mr Barlow you put a call out for me “ – “yes sir, we have your passport at desk 3” – “erm no you don’t its right…… OHHHHHH SHIT yeah u do! “ so a frantic walk to the desk and I’m greeted by this almost angelic Dutch customer service girl who hands me my Passport back I never knew I’d lost…. I love that Girl!!!!
So passport back in one hand and a now cold whopper in my other I head towards the security gate to make my way home ….

Had a great time on my first solo trip to the Dam, sorry I didn’t get chance to meet/speak with more of you folks

macky

Re: A bit late but.... 4.20.2016

Post by macky »

Nice read :D The 19th Not sure how you missed Bativa at 10pm,but as you wrote you where stoned :D That was one of the stoniest nights of my life,believe that was the night Drugsbunny eat the 1200mg canna bar. The whole gang was done and done by 1130 :lol:
AndieFRANKBarlow

Cheers....... Wow 1200mg !?!? WTF, has he woke up yet? .. 2 50g edibles destroys me hahaha
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Nice report dude, sounds like some classic ams stoner moments! Can’t wait to be back and start making our own new stoner mistakes…

…and, wait, what? Drugsbunny did what? :D We presume after a good deal of tokin’, vapin’ and dabbin’ also? Nice one, has he come back around yet? ;)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

AndieFRANKBarlow wrote:Cheers....... Wow 1200mg !?!? WTF, has he woke up yet? .. 2 50g edibles destroys me hahaha
Read Drugsbunny travelogue My little trippy whippey ..good for a laugh :D
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thanks for sharing, if it was not for my wife I would never get off at the right tram stop, :) but it is a great way to discover the city we all love, :lol: except in the pitch black :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
AndieFRANKBarlow

macky wrote:
AndieFRANKBarlow wrote:Cheers....... Wow 1200mg !?!? WTF, has he woke up yet? .. 2 50g edibles destroys me hahaha
Read Drugsbunny travelogue My little trippy whippey ..good for a laugh :D

I'll have a look later... I can't even imagine the state it would put ya in