First Trip Together - September 2016 - Completed

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
avfc-herbalist

Re: First Trip Together - September 2016 - Completed

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Devore wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 10:38 am Super report and very well written. I felt like i was there with you two!!!

I had the same experience in Dophins and its now off my list, crappy weed and bad service.
Thank you mate, I really do appreciate you saying so :D! Everybody's kind words has really made me feel confident enough to do a report for every trip now lol.
Maybe one day we'll hopefully be able to meet up in Mokum!
Enjoy your next trip mate :mrgreen:!

It's a shame you had the same experience with Dolphins as we did. It could be such a better Coffeeshop!

Thanks again my friend 8)

sit back, blaze ganja and chill
andyc

Post by andyc »

I gave dolphins a go on my last visit. Didn't really like the menu or the vibe at the budtenders counter so left after a few minutes without buying anything. Dodged a bullet i think
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

andyc wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 01:45 pm I gave dolphins a go on my last visit. Didn't really like the menu or the vibe at the budtenders counter so left after a few minutes without buying anything. Dodged a bullet i think
I'm glad you managed to get out of there without departing with any money mate. You definitely did dodge the bullet. I just couldn't let my lady down again after saying no to Crush lol. Live and learn 8)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Great finish to your TR dude and dudette, well written, informative and funny, good stuff! :D

We hit up Dolphins once last year, just because we found ourselves next to it and thought "why not, just for old times sake...". It was pretty stuffed then also, but luckily, not enough for us to experience the stupidity you guys did, that is just plain ridiculous. We did, however, make a very disappointing purchase in there, their top hash which was called “Marakesh Special / express” or something similar. It was rather dry, had only very little taste and no effect worth mentioning, besides maybe an annoying, mild nausea. Will not go back in a loooooong time, if ever.

We have also several times experienced the scorn of some random (and often mistaken) budtender, who scuffed at us for not pronouncing their random and quite meaningless product names right. My response is usually something like “Well, I would like to see you pronounce anything in my language asshole…”. In Danish. Then we pay the baffled fuck and laughingly go smoke our “Al-GERRRRR-ia” in peace.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

avfc-herbalist wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 01:31 pm ...
It's a shame you had the same experience with Dolphins as we did. It could be such a better Coffeeshop!
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 4th Jun 2017 06:39 am ...
We hit up Dolphins once last year, just because we found ourselves next to it and thought "why not, just for old times sake...". It was pretty stuffed then also, but luckily, not enough for us to experience the stupidity you guys did, that is just plain ridiculous.
that's a shame about dolphins. i never remembered it as being an uitstekend place for purchasing weed/hash, but buying a drink and using their array of verdampers while "being underwater" was always a nice way to spend some time. it's ironical (tony soprano word) that their wifi password was/is "vriendelijk".

ye olde verdamper
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 4th Jun 2017 06:39 am Great finish to your TR dude and dudette, well written, informative and funny, good stuff! :D

We hit up Dolphins once last year, just because we found ourselves next to it and thought "why not, just for old times sake...". It was pretty stuffed then also, but luckily, not enough for us to experience the stupidity you guys did, that is just plain ridiculous. We did, however, make a very disappointing purchase in there, their top hash which was called “Marakesh Special / express” or something similar. It was rather dry, had only very little taste and no effect worth mentioning, besides maybe an annoying, mild nausea. Will not go back in a loooooong time, if ever.

We have also several times experienced the scorn of some random (and often mistaken) budtender, who scuffed at us for not pronouncing their random and quite meaningless product names right. My response is usually something like “Well, I would like to see you pronounce anything in my language asshole…”. In Danish. Then we pay the baffled fuck and laughingly go smoke our “Al-GERRRRR-ia” in peace.

CC
Thank you very much CC! Really appreciate you saying so! A trip report will be wrote for every trip we make now :D!

I'm happy you both managed to have a more pleasant time in Dolphins, even with your mild nausea lol. It's so sad because I imagine you didn't remember it to be that way and your nostalgic feel for the place probably just diminished. I'm sorry to hear you also got way below average smoke from their too, especially as it was their top hash! Shameful. That seems to be the big connection with all of us, very poor product! It would've been the icing on the cake if you would have also met the crazy couple of ladies that were working when me and the lady went haha! I'm glad you didn't meet them though :lol:!

Hahaha that really made me laugh! You are quite right in saying the strain names are random and often meaningless! If they didn't want me to pronounce it like the country Algeria then it shouldn't have the same name lol. Unfortunately my response was to stand there awkwardly and pretend like it didn't phase me whilst trying not to get red :oops:! I bet the budtenders baffled look is indescribable lol! Perhaps you could teach me and the lady your Danish response one day if we ever have the chance to cross paths in Amsterdam :mrgreen:
Thanks again CC!

EasilySuede wrote: Sun 4th Jun 2017 04:17 pm
that's a shame about dolphins. i never remembered it as being an uitstekend place for purchasing weed/hash, but buying a drink and using their array of verdampers while "being underwater" was always a nice way to spend some time. it's ironical (tony soprano word) that their wifi password was/is "vriendelijk".
It really is a shame mate. Has the potential to be so much better! It used to get good reviews quite often on this forum! Not so much recently lol. I'm not sure if the ownership has changed hence the new policy about buying their products. It's interior is really nice with comfy seats and their paper bags with a Dolphin sticker on is a nice touch but it's just not worth the hassle lol. Does "vriendelijk" mean friendly? Because that is quite ironic lol. Thanks for the comment mate!
Devore

Post by Devore »

avfc-herbalist wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 01:31 pm
Devore wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 10:38 am Super report and very well written. I felt like i was there with you two!!!

I had the same experience in Dophins and its now off my list, crappy weed and bad service.
Thank you mate, I really do appreciate you saying so :D! Everybody's kind words has really made me feel confident enough to do a report for every trip now lol.
Maybe one day we'll hopefully be able to meet up in Mokum!
Enjoy your next trip mate :mrgreen:!

Thanks again my friend 8)
That would be really cool. You'll have to let me know when you next plan going. I like 2 trips a year if I can.

My next one is summer, August for the win!!
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Devore wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 10:38 am
That would be really cool. You'll have to let me know when you next plan going. I like 2 trips a year if I can.

My next one is summer, August for the win!!
It would be awesome mate. Our next trip is in December bro so we might not cross paths this year unfortunately, unless you fancy a trip in December lol. Two trips a year is really nice ennit mate, that way Amsterdam is always on the horizon!

Have a smoke for me when you're there in August bro as that's my birthday month 8)

Have a wicked time mate :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice reporting pal! Enjoyed reading all of it and found myself chuckling a few times...that Italian restaurant was the same one my partner and I visited in January (I also can't remember the name of it!?) But we were convinced it was a tourist trap but pleasently surprised and returned for lunch the next day as a quick fix.
Looking forward to your next trip report.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

sNc wrote: Fri 9th Jun 2017 08:00 pm Nice reporting pal! Enjoyed reading all of it and found myself chuckling a few times...that Italian restaurant was the same one my partner and I visited in January (I also can't remember the name of it!?) But we were convinced it was a tourist trap but pleasently surprised and returned for lunch the next day as a quick fix.
Looking forward to your next trip report.
Thank you mate! I'm glad you enjoyed the read! Your travelogues are ace pal, love reading them 8)
I feel bad for not remembering the name of that restaurant because I would love to be able to recommend it to everyone lol. Happy you and you're partner both enjoyed it also :D! Interesting you can't remember the name as well, maybe there just isn't enough signage or we were all too stoned :lol: more than likely the latter :lol:
Thanks again mate!
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Late to the log but... a great read!
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

:mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light