420 2007 First Report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Lemming
Site Admin

420 2007 First Report

Post by Lemming »

Thursday 19th April 2007 we arrived at our apartment on Nieuwmarkt. A fantastic little place courtesy of the Escape Committee. I’ll write some more about the apartment later. They provide a bit of weed and hash, papers, bongs, etc. plus a fridge stocked with beer, soft drinks and munchies so, while the gf settled in, I rolled a joint and drank a bottle of beer.

Before meeting the rest of the crew we took a walk out to the Jordaan to visit our favourite restaurant, Vliegende Schotel (the flying saucer). After that it was off to Nes. Unfortunately, DC had to work the shift when we arrived but he had organised a Verdamper vaporiser for us.

Over the next hour or so more and more people turned up until we were overflowing onto the street. This was the beginning of a continuous occupation of Nes for the weekend. Thanks Nes/DC. You provided a fine HQ for everyone in town. Over the course of the weekend I noted the following names: AzLaker, Back2thedam, BlueBerry, BluMing, Cattales1960, DC, DHBlues, FlyByNite, HighCountry, Islandgurl, KMK0420, Mazdog, MIT, Rezin_8_ed, Rob_OG, Twitch and Zunkii. There were many more, sorry everyone I forgot.

Friday 20th April 2007 we started late with a great breakfast in the sunshine at a cafe on the Nieuwmarkt. After a bit of shopping and wandering along the Brouwersgracht with cameras, it was already time to head for de Kuil.

We didn’t manage to capture the big table at the back but we did get the Volcano in action. Unlike last year, when we were all zombified by 420, this year we were so busy talking we forgot what we were there for.

I remember saying to Twitch that it was nearly twenty past when he was loading the Volcano. I said we should do a countdown or something but immediately got caught up in a conversation with Rob OG. A few minutes later someone mentioned we’d missed 420 and it was already 422. So we toasted 422. Brilliant eh? All that preparation and we got stoned and missed it! :roll:

More word and pics later ...

Rez

Post by Rez »

it was great to meet with you finally Lemming... and in such pleasant surroundings too...
Last edited by Rez on Mon 23rd Apr 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

Thanks for the report Lemming looking forward to the pics

Good Smiles and Good Times ......way to go 8)
******* World Wide Legal *******
Doody

Post by Doody »

:D Nice pic!!! Takes me right back there. Can't wait to see more!!!! Sounds like fun was had by all, can't wait till June!!!

Lemming, cheers to you!!!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Doody
back2thedam

Post by back2thedam »

glad to meet ya man, wait til next year and ya see what i put away then. hahahahahhahahahaha 8)
zunkii

Post by zunkii »

Great to see all the usual suspects again and some new ones.

Missing you all already

Zunk
DHBlues

Post by DHBlues »

Great to meet you and your S.O., Lem, along with the rest of the crew. I really don't think anyone actually "missed" 4:20, we just got stoned and forgot to look at a clock is all. Happens every New Year's too.
Remember (to paraphrase that song), "It's 4:20 somewhere."
Dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Great to meet you too Rez and everyone else. As someone said, it was like all of these one-dimensional characters that you’ve read about suddenly becoming three dimensional.

I hope he doesn’t mind me telling you this but, every time I saw Rez he had this kind of "vacant" look. Then he’d look up, see me and burst out laughing. Then I’d start laughing. He looked like he’d been smoking cannabis or something! :lol:

There was a wonderful mix of people with ages ranging over probably 40 years from youngest to oldest. Most of our plans went completely to pot but only because the most important plan was a total success – to get stoned and have a good time. Mission accomplished I’d say. 8)
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

LOL I posted above and forgot about this area for posts afterwards but I have to agree with you Lem, what a great time. I was smoking hash with flybynite when 420 rang in lol. what a great time. sigh, now its back to the real world where the mail has piled up and have tons of messages to get back to, and this coming from friends I told I was leaving for my trip. But if you noticed, I posted on here before attending to business, hehe.
I need a miracle everyday
Koppen_Koffie

Post by Koppen_Koffie »

DHBlues wrote:. I really don't think anyone actually "missed" 4:20, we just got stoned and forgot to look at a clock is all.
i think you cant really "miss" 4/20 ..isnt this the true meaning of this cannabis-event :D isnt it 4/20 all day :D can stoners cope with time? :D

*ohdamn, so late already*
goin almost tomorrow..
Rez

Post by Rez »

Lemming wrote:every time I saw Rez he had this kind of "vacant" look. Then he’d look up, see me and burst out laughing. Then I’d start laughing.
it had this kinda snow-ball effect... not just with your kind self Lemming... but with mostly with anybody who spent any time with me... there may have been small bits of each day when i was not like this... but it wasn't often.

I blame the weed :wink: ... mission accomplished
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

Great to meet everyone and a mad few days. And Zunkii's great "Hey guys, we missed 420" was a top time of the whole trip. There was a Volcano in 420? I missed that. Smoked a lot of pipes

BTW - Maybe I should start a vaporiser poll: I like the Verdamper, but waaay too much setup for home and I'd knock it over and break it. What do you all think?
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

Great to finally meet you Lemming....

i noticed that same thing with Rez....he was clearly having a grand time!!

Rob--i'm with you on that man...great great apparatus, just not sure how convienent it would be for home use.....i can operate the volcano from the prone position on the couch :)
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

That Verdamper was amazing. It worked well and tasted just as good as my Volcano. The heat rises out of the top when not in use so it can be left loaded, unlike the Volcano. On the other hand, it's certainly not as foolproof or stoner-proof as the Volcano. It looks really impressive, though, as you can see in the pic.

Rob, please do set up a poll in the Headshops and Paraphernalia section. I just re-read a very old thread there about vapourisers:
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

I will do that. Thanks for the link - I remember that thread. Great picture of Nol & the Verdamper linked there:
http://www.hempcity.nl/cannabisshops/in ... age022.jpg
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.