Operation Spanish Mokum (Jan 2018)

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
RoMoney

Operation Spanish Mokum (Jan 2018)

Post by RoMoney »

In 2008 when I was an avid drinker, I once ventured to beautiful Barcelona. While I smoked some Moroccan hash there, I was for most of the trip led astray by Voll Damm which had serious implications for my memory and enjoyment of the weekend.

For the last couple of years I've been threatening to go to back given the proliferation of Cannabis clubs and the fact that I go to AMS so frequently, so along with a firend of mine we decided too finally make the trip.

Day 1:
The day before I was unfortunate enough to tweak my back a bit, but despite being concerned about being able to sit long enough for take-off or one of those incredibly long rides out to the
furthest runway in the airport, I did in the end survive and at around 10am we could see Barca....

From the Airport we took the Aerobus to Placa Catalunya and walked from there to the Kabul Party Hostel where I had also stayed in 2008. Being a sucker for a bit of nostalgia, I had felt compelled to revisit on my second trip. It was located in the lovely Placa Real.

After checking in and chilling out for a bit we made our way to our first Cannabis Club, TerpsArmy in El Raval which was relatively close by. On the way we came across the Troika deli, presumably for all your austerity needs? :lol: (that might just be a joke for the Europeans)

It was easy enough to find and due to the many stories I've read about the nondescript entrances I was prepared for the entrance to not look like an entrance :)When we pressed the buzzer the door immediately opened and we walked into a reception which stank of weed and had some lovely graffiti on the wall. We had officially arrived :mrgreen:

We showed our invite (shoutout to a very helpful ACD'er who sorted us out!!) and they got us all signed up. When we entered past the reception we entered a massive room with a really high ceiling. As a non-tobacco smoker, all I thought was, great fucking ventliation compared to low ceiling coffeeshops!! The menu had around 4 Sativa & 4 Indica flower options, several BHO extracts, dry sifts, iceolator etc. We started off with some Amnesia
It was absolutely mega stuff and after a joint of pure Amnesia suddenly I was in Mokum Mode™, but wait, it's not Amsterdam.....though it appeared to be another Mokum of sorts in the old school sense. Spanish Mokum?
Before leaving I got some Gorilla Glue as I couldn't face walking around packing Sativa only.

As I was travelling with a vegan later on we went to the Veggie Garden for a thali as I saw it recommended in Lemmings BCN post and sNc also recommended it on the chat. It was amazing, a really great thali.

With stomachs full and at this stage floating around the place we proceeded to the Picasso museum for some "real" tourism. The museum was fantastic, it had so many pieces. Many times museums have quite
small collections, but this was amazing, way better than the Picasso museum in Malaga. We were back in TerpsArmy again later and got some Northern Lights bud and some caramel cream dry sift, so much indica goodness.

Later that evening after several joints on the rooftop terrace we went walking to look for a snack and low and behold we found Amsterdams own Vegan emergency eatery...Maoz! I even went back the next morning to take a pic! I will warn people, the prices are pretty much the same as Amsterdam and they have beer in the fridge which they don't sell. The guy there proudly annouced to one customer..."you can't buy that, that belongs to the Pakistanis", so apparently they pay Maoz staff to keep some of the beer they sell cold :lol:

Day 2:

On day two I woke up and had a few brekkie joints on the rooftop terrace of the hostel and went out on a mission to find a metal grinder. One thing in Spain is to be concious of is that opening times on google and reality are never the same, so I went to a few places before I found one open, it being Sunday morning. When I came back with grinder in hand, my friend was up and we made the trek to our second cannabis club where we ran into some minor challenges and could not get in. I had read a lot about many people having similar experiences at different clubs and had warned my friend we if we got into 2 out of the 3 we should be happy. We marched on unfazed and went to our third cannabis club...The Nectar. The place was very upmarket compared to TerpsArmy and the prices reflect this. The membership card is very bling though :) Got some Caramel Icem rolled one and we chilled for a while. Loved the layout of this place and it's away from the more touristy areas.

upload high quality photos

That evening we went to Cat Vegano for Vegan Burgers. I had a nut based burger which was actually really nice, it seems BCN rocks out a good Vegan game. We also went to another place "Enjoy Vegan" nearly every day and they actually did a Vegan lasagne that tasted nice and you can take that from someome who eats meat and likes lasagne.

Day 3:

I awoke with some back pain, most likely from sitting on couches and all the things a person with a bad back should not sit on but which cannabis clubs and coffeeshops are full of. When you are smoking pure Northern Lights joint with caramel cream hash, you can't stop yourself melting into the couch but today my body was screaming it had enough. I started to get a bit worried about being able to sit for the flight home, but the sesh must go on. Another day and more TerpsArmy, Shishkaberry dry sift and Critical buds were the order of the day. What a great combo to forget the worries of a bad back. I made a concerted effort to walk around more, sit less and spent some time doing physio stuff in the room to try and get some relief.

We knew a Scandi person who was living in Badalona that used to live in our city and we arranged to meet them on day 3. We met at the beach and joints were had and we walked around for a few hours. Was nice getting their insight on BCN, what it is like to live there etc.

Day 4:
I woke early and started waking to the Olympic Village where there was a cryptherapy place (Spanish word of the day was "Crioterapia" :)) to try and get a session in before my flight the next day as the panic about not being able to fly home began to build. On my way I noticed, not only did BCN have a good Vegan game, it had a political movement behind it too as this was the second piece of pro-Vegan graffiti I saw

When I got to the Crioteripia, once again the opening times on google and reality did not match. The phone number on the internet also did not work. Thankfully outside their premises was another number I could WhatsApp in my remedial Spanish.

Translation: No dice, you're screwed!

That evening my friend went out to Badalona to see our friend but I stayed in the hostel to do some physio exercises and take it easy.

Day 5:

I had sourced an English speaking doctor the previous day and made an appointment to see if I was ok to fly and to get something for the flight, I paid €110 euros (which is Spain is ridic!) and she confirmed I was ok to fly, gave me a prescription and recommended I see my physio on return. I walked out of the doctors so relieved and it was only a few minutes from The Nectar so I went and got some Nicole Kush to celebrate.

Back issues can be mental as well, stress tightens muscles kids! So I was starting to relax. Then I made the mistake of googling what she prescribed me and I saw it was banned in the UK. To avoid going back into panic mode I convinced myself that post the Brexit referendum Britain was a 3rd world country and you couldn't take anything they said seriously, including banned medicines lists :lol: :lol: :lol: and I tried to go about my day.

While I was at the Dr my mate went on the Gaudi waking tour and after that we met and rolled a load of joints on the rooftop terrace and went to the park. Massive shoutout to Parc de la Ciutadella, they have a smoking seciton which had two soundsystems going, as I mentioned in the chat before, Vondel should be ashamed, it needs to up it's game.

We spent the rest of the day there smoking joints as it was sunny and flew home that evening without breaking my back or dying from a dodgy painkiller (also saw the physio next day and am all ok again now in case anyone should be concerned :) ).

It was an "interesting" trip to say the least, despite the drama I had a great time, LOVED the cannabis clubs and can't wait to go back if they are not all shut down, we even met Sean Kush from Hashbar TV on the streets of Barca.......I am now a fully fledged fan of Spanish Mokum.

Hasta la proxima Barcelona!

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Kenshiro

Re: Operation Spanish Mokum (Jan 2018)

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice travelogue man I really enjoyed reading it! Really good pictures too. 8) :thumbup:
I'm glad you tried out Veggie Garden and that Thali....ahhhhh take me back :lol:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

looks like although it was difficult you still had a good time!

seems to me its definitely best to go with someone who has been before and is already a member at a few places.

luckily the forum member got you sorted at least, and they genuinely are 2 of the best places regarding menu.

making me all excited for spannabis!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Papi

Post by Papi »

Yeah man, turns out ACD members aren't so bad at all :lol: :lol: nice graffiti shots
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
kalima

Post by kalima »

great read, sounds like Barcalona is on the cards for another visit :) , did you have to pay joining fee for the clubs at all ? and i am guessing prices for smoke was very reasonable ? what was the Hash situation like there?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

kalima wrote: Fri 9th Feb 2018 12:50 pm great read, sounds like Barcalona is on the cards for another visit :) , did you have to pay joining fee for the clubs at all ? and i am guessing prices for smoke was very reasonable ? what was the Hash situation like there?
Yep, paid joining fees for both of €20. Smoke prices were reasonable compared to Amsterdam (you defo save the joining fee back unless you join loads of clubs) and the quality was great. It's nice to be limited in the places you go in as way as you explore their menu more in such circumstances. I was only smoking herb and dry sift, if you like hash you'd be happy out with the dry sift and there was a decent selection of them to choose from. Ice-lator, Rosin, BHO etc. all available too and several types of each. Looking forward to going back for Spannabis and smoking some more.

BTW, shared an article about Pashupatinath that might interest you

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/ ... 51&t=34762
Bring back Imelda Marcos!