Eindhoven & Tilburg

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
RoMoney

Eindhoven & Tilburg

Post by RoMoney »

Usual caveats apply and again I've had to use some of my Insta story pics hence the writing on them. I've also added reviews for the Coffeeshops separately should anyone need more specifics on prices and selection.

I planned this trip to celebrate 15 years of Coffeeshops and to return where it all started, Eindhoven. I flew out around lunchtime with a bit over an hour of a delay. When I touched down in Eindhoven I proceeded to make my way outside, bought a ticket from the machine and jumped on the bus into town. The plan was drop the bag into the hostel and go to Coffeeshop Pink, but I noticed the bus was going to pass close to The Wall Coffeeshop so I jumped off early and proceeded there.

I walked in and straight to the counter where one of the two girls showed me what I wanted to see and I ordered 3 grammes of the White Russian and 2 grammes of critical hash and parked myself at one of the tables with the high bar type stools and proceeded to roll up a joint. I sat there and smoked two and allowed the lovely wave you get from combo joints to wash over me. I was on the ACD chat on my phone and ACDs resident Hashishin, Marok21, recommended CoffeeShop Meetpoint as a good place to chill. I proceeded there as it was literally 4 mins walk away and I rambled up the street, now wasted and fumbling through my backpack to make sure I had everything, something I spend most of my trips doing. The nicely curated TRs and Insta stories never capture this scourge of my life wandering around foreign cities, thinking.....passport - check, money - check, bankcard - check, oh shit where's my <insert name of one thing I didn't check for> and panic ensues.

Coffeeshop Meetpoints bouncer ask me for ids and smiles profusely when he sees it. Usually in the south the foreigners in the Coffeeshops are mainly Belgians and Germanys so perhaps not being one of these two is the source of his amusement I think, but Eindhoven does have an airport and in The Wall I had seen Italians and Brtis. So who knows. Anyway, I got a bit of ammo as the menu was boring and sat down. There were people playing cards and chess and the decor was very upmarket for a coffeeshop
like a more upscale bar. After a joint of ammo there I fell out the door, now with the added shakes that ammo brings. I repeated the fumbling in the bag as I rambled off down the road to finally make it to Coffeeshop Pink. I got some La Con and Sour Diesel and sat down for a joint. Pink had by far and away the biggest menu of the places I went in Eindhoven and quality was ok. It seemed to have a very international crowd, beyond the Belgians and Germans. I find it hard in the South to figure out which places are popular with locals as for example when I was in the Eurogarden one day I thought it was full of locals but when I got talking to a few of them they were all from Hasselt, so many time the "locals" actually turn out to be from Flanders.

After Pink I went the hostel to check in, swung by the Eurogarden to look for block hash which they did not have and bought my first pre-roll in years, a pure cheese joint. Bad idea, dry as fuck, but sure hey!

I went back to the hostel and blazed up for the evening in the hostel smoking room, which had a Roor, I shit you not! There was a Hardcore (the electronic type) festival in Eindhoven so the hostel was full of people on amphetamines, needless to say the lights got turned on a few times in the dorm that night, but my titanic THC levels meant it didn't bother me much and who could shit on a hostel with a Roor anyway.

Next morning I was up bright and early and off to Meneer de Boer for breakfast, which I can't recommend enough, before heading to the station to get the train to Tilburg, who recently removed the Wiet Pass for a trial period.

I missed the Sprinter by two minutes, I was probably fumbling too much in my bag en route :lol: so I had to get the Den Haag Intercity which was packed and I just remember thinking, I'm too stoned for this shit, and it wasn't the first time I'd think that on Saturday :)

In Tilburg I went to Toermalijn coffeeshops where I spent about 3 hours, first chilling out in their back garden chatting to some Polish dude who worked locally and was and then inside sat at the bar chatting to the staff. I was puffing away on Nicole, some Tangie Dream and SSH, literally as happy as a pig in shit, in this wonderful coffeeshop. I was speaking to another local at the bar, who was sat there with his Pax2 in full serial vaper mode (somewhat like ACDs own Ken-san :D). He was telling me he goes to Amsterdam quite regular to the Melkweg when big hip-hop acts come to town. He also recommends The Grass Company for edibles so after I leave and we do some fumbling in the bag I proceed there to get some cookies.

On the way I pass through the Tilburg fun fair which was country fair meets gay pride, there was already lots of drunk people around and I had my second "I'm too stoned for this shit" moment of the day :D time to get out of Tilburg I think. I get some cookies at The Grass Company and it's back to the station and a return to Eindoven where I did another tour of the coffeeshops and more wandering around the city, before flying out at lunchtime the following day.

Next stop: TBC

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Marok21

Re: Eindhoven & Tilburg

Post by Marok21 »

Seems like you had a nice time in Noord Brabant :mrgreen:

For me it´s always great to see a travelogue about other cities than Amsterdam. Thanks well done :mrgreen:
RoMoney wrote: Wed 25th Jul 2018 10:16 am Marok21, recommended CoffeeShop Meetpoint as a good place to chill

Yeah nice you made it there :D personaly I would say when I am in Eindhoven I got the most stuff from the Wall but it´s not really a nice place to chill... so Coffeeshop Meetpoint is just a few minutes away and much better to sit and have a smoke... well like u said the menu is pretty similar to many local coffeeshops in the rest of Nl... but the girls who work there were super friendly and it´s a comfy clean place.
RoMoney wrote: Wed 25th Jul 2018 10:16 am I went back to the hostel and blazed up for the evening in the hostel smoking room, which had a Roor, I shit you not!
That´s great :lol: :lol: and a must for a hostel in my opinion :mrgreen:
RoMoney wrote: Wed 25th Jul 2018 10:16 am There was a Hardcore (the electronic type) festival in Eindhoven so the hostel was full of people on amphetamines, needless to say the lights got turned on a few times in the dorm that night, but my titanic THC levels meant it didn't bother me much and who could shit on a hostel with a Roor anyway.
I can imagine that :lol: :lol: :lol: Years ago I was with some friends in the border area of nl to germany (near Kerkrade) and we wanted to go partying at night and we endet at a hardcore party :lol: all I remember was many many bald guys on pushing drugs like amphetamines :shock: :lol: but to be honest most of them were very friendly to us even as everybody could see that we don´t belong to them :lol:

The Edibles from the Grass Company seems to be pretty cheap... I think I will try them, too on my next trip to that area..

Toermalijn with it´s garden is just awesome especially with that nice weather atm... sounds like a great time 8) :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Thanks man, it is something I'd like to see more of too. There's not much content for shops outside of Amsterdam and definitely not for shops outside of Noord Holland, Den Haag and Utrecht. I think my next mission outside of Amsterdam will probably be Den Haag.
Marok21 wrote: Thu 26th Jul 2018 06:33 pm I can imagine that :lol: :lol: :lol: Years ago I was with some friends in the border area of nl to germany (near Kerkrade) and we wanted to go partying at night and we endet at a hardcore party :lol: all I remember was many many bald guys on pushing drugs like amphetamines :shock: :lol: but to be honest most of them were very friendly to us even as everybody could see that we don´t belong to them :lol:
I really like electro and techno and I've been to many festivals and parties in Benelux over the years, but I will never understand why people listen to Hardcore/Gabba. It's terrible, but it's very popular in the Netherlands for some reason.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 26th Jul 2018 07:14 pm Thanks man, it is something I'd like to see more of too. There's not much content for shops outside of Amsterdam and definitely not for shops outside of Noord Holland, Den Haag and Utrecht. I think my next mission outside of Amsterdam will probably be Den Haag.
Marok21 wrote: Thu 26th Jul 2018 06:33 pm I can imagine that :lol: :lol: :lol: Years ago I was with some friends in the border area of nl to germany (near Kerkrade) and we wanted to go partying at night and we endet at a hardcore party :lol: all I remember was many many bald guys on pushing drugs like amphetamines :shock: :lol: but to be honest most of them were very friendly to us even as everybody could see that we don´t belong to them :lol:
I really like electro and techno and I've been to many festivals and parties in Benelux over the years, but I will never understand why people listen to Hardcore/Gabba. It's terrible, but it's very popular in the Netherlands for some reason.
When your in Den Hauge check out the Esher museum after a stop at a coffee shop it’s cool 8) also venture to ( I won’t even try to spell the name but the Blue and White coffee shop is there) it’s right near the sea
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Jesus. You put your roach on the left. :shock:
Schroom

Post by Schroom »

so do I, even tho I'm right handed :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Oh, I didn't even realise that.

But I'm a bit wierd in that sense, for example I write with my right hand, but I shoot a gun like a left handed person.

Esher Museum looks cool BTW.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Mrs is the same. Right handed yet holds her fork in the right hand, puts a roach in the left side of a joint... madness!! :shock:
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

Excellent , slightly different and informative report. Thank you.

I really empathize with the concern over checking and double checking your bag contents , bad enough over here on a day trip - can get really worrying over there when in a "relaxed" mode..... :D
Talhahaha

Post by Talhahaha »

Great read.
There aren't many travelogues for Eindhoven so this is really helpful.
Glow festival in November so this could be a great combo.
Lights + green = win
WLow

Post by WLow »

Thanks for that report :thumbup:
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

in all the visits [30+] never visited eindhoven

might have to visit maybe with a match at psv

pay my respects to sir bobby 8)
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I've talked about Eindhoven since 2011, and yet never gone. Maybe it's time. Always good to see reports about other parts of NL.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

deebzy75 wrote: Mon 13th Aug 2018 06:36 pm in all the visits [30+] never visited eindhoven

might have to visit maybe with a match at psv

pay my respects to sir bobby 8)
I did actually swing by the stadium.

Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Willjay wrote: Thu 26th Jul 2018 07:24 pm also venture to ( I won’t even try to spell the name but the Blue and White coffee shop is there) it’s right near the sea
Scheveningen? It's phonetic, at least if you're not German.

RoMoney -- do you think there's enough in Eindhoven alone to merit a day trip, or is it best to include Tilburg as well?