Zandvoort aan Zee & Amsterdam 15.08.-21.08.18

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
SuperSkunk

Zandvoort aan Zee & Amsterdam 15.08.-21.08.18

Post by SuperSkunk »

After a long flight, i was chilling the first 2 days at the sea in Zandvoort & Bloemendal.
Just enjoying the always shining nice dutch sun :thumbup: :clap:

I usually don't smoke when I'm at the sea, but did different this time.
Before travelling to Zandvoort, i shortly stepped by Voyagers and grabbed 3g of their Atlas-Hash.
Smoked it pure at the beaches & it was a very nice floaty high, which lasted 2-3h, i think it's beacause of my high tolerance, maybe if I hadn't that it would have been lasted longer. Perfect material to chill at the beach, read a book & listen to some good music.
In the past, i wasn't that much of a hash-smoker, because it always made me very sleepy, but because of the sunny/warm weather it was pefect.

On Friday, the 17th i checked in in my Hotel in AMS (near Waterlooplein, just around the corner of the Magere Brugg) - dropped my luggage, and got off to Mike's Bike's to order a bike for the upcoming 4 days.

After grabbing a Gyros-Pita @ Morena aan de Amstel (get one if you're in the area, best Pita in town, imo) i drove to Het Ballonetje - shop was nearly empty (10 in the morning) so I started a chat with the female budtenders, they recommended some strains, and as always i took 2 g of their famous houseweed White Balloon which never dissappointed me, i smoke it through the day when strolling the streets, i got 2 free samples, each for 1 Joint (G13 Mr.Nice & Maui Haze), got up, ordered a Cappucino, rolled the 2 joints with the free samples. Didn't like the taste of the G13 that much, the Maui Haze I saved for later, before leaving the shop i got 2g of the Maui Haze.

The rest of the day was just a driving round the city by bike, stopping here & there to take some pictures or do some shopping...

Saturday the 18th, i got up early, grabbed some breakfast at the buffet and got on my bike. Nest on the the List was as always when I'm in AMS, my all time favorite CS, Yo-Yo's - had a long chat with the budtender about quality of Outdoor-Weed, sadly they hadn't the Somango-Hash in stock, which was an absolute delight on my last trip 2017...
So i got some Frisian-Dew for 10€ (1.9g) very cheap, but good fluffy Outdoor-Buds, and some Candy-Kush for 10€ (2.2g) i think she did some more in the bags, beacause she liked me :P I smoked some Candy-Kush in the smokingarea in the front. During the following 2 hours, drinking some fresh mint tea, a lot of locals came in, most did buy, & fly some stayed longer, had a lot of nice chats, one local told me, i should leave my phonenumber for the budtender, because she said something like: "such a handsome & polite guy" - ahyeah that's who i am :angel: did it - and left for a chill in the Sarphatipark, just around the corner.

After that it was time for some culture & education, so I drove to the Tropenmuseum, which is one of 2 or 3 museums i hadn't visited in AMS yet. Was very pleased especially with their section "What matters to you?" - nice exhibition with single rooms where they try to answer questions about behaviour/religion/beliefs etc.
Stayed over 3 h in the whole museum until they closed.
Drove over to Café 't Gasthuys, a chilly small bar near Rokin, got some Dinner (Kipsaté of course <3) and some beers.
Then chilled the whole evening @ Café Schumann near the CS to get some more beers - prices are despite the location very good! I do recommend this Café, was anice evening, just sitting outside directly by the gracht, watsching people & some ships go by, they didn't bother about smoking Weed there, was perfect for me.

On Sunday the 19th, i took a nice breakfast @ The Mannen van Kaas very welcoming staff there and a nice place to grab some breakfast, bought some of their cheeses as souvenirs, of course tryed a lot of their cheeses in the shop too.

Around the corner i went to Tweede Kamer - wasn't that crowdy, so i had a long chat with the budtender about the cannabis culture on the canarian islands (where i lived for 2 years) guy was very friendly, took 2g of their AK47 ICE which is a unreleased cross from the AK47 from Serious Seeds & ICE from Female Seeds, combined it gave a superb creative typical hybrid high, which I mainly used to drive around by bike, had a lot of fun in the museum district around the Rijksmuseum - chilled a bit at the Iamsterdam-Sign and just had some laaaaaazy time :mrgreen:

On Monday-Morning the 20th I did some shopping, mainly clothes & a new pair of Sneakers from Patta, after Lunch @ Café Singel 404, damn they have some nice Sandwiches :thumbup: - I stopped by @ Grey-Area wanted to get some of their Golden Soles, which was out of stock this time, so got some Silver Soles - didn't smoke it there, got to the hotel, rolled one up, smoked on the balcony, and did a nap. In the evening I rolled some up, took them with me and chilled the whole evening around The Wallen and the Leidseplein later - drank some smoked some and just a had a good time... all of you know what i mean :lol:

Had to catch my flight @ Schiphol very early on Tuesday the 21st - so thats it, overall a very nice & pleasant "short-holiday"
What I always wonder: Despite being in AMS now for the 21st time in my life, I always find some nice spots for photos or just to chill, some of them i didn't knew before, especially when I was just biking superhigh around the outskirts of the city, where it isn't that much of a hassle like in the city-centre...

Greets & Stay GREEN or BROWN or BLACK whatever you love most :thumbup:

:wave:
Last edited by SuperSkunk on Thu 30th Aug 2018 09:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There are no facts, only interpretations. - F. Nietzsche
Willjay

Re: Zandvoort aan Zee & Amsterdam 15.08.-21.08.18

Post by Willjay »

Thanks for sharing :mrgreen: sounds like a real chill trip 8)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great read! I seem to always visit ‘t Gashuys. I enjoy that little street. Rarely do you see tourists there. Great nooks and crannies in that area like the alleyway with the book shops and maps.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice write up man...what happened with the BT after? :think: :think: :think: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SuperSkunk

Post by SuperSkunk »

@Willjay, it was indeed 8)

@LLMReb, yeah its a bit hidden, but I loved the place & still do :wink: you're absolutely right, i was the only who was from abroad, eating there the time i was there :D

The gracht when you go the little street further is also very nice, small but cute. :lol:

@Kenshiro, haha she called me later & we met for some drinks and - yeah... :mrgreen:

Looking forward to next year, i think i will go to AMS again over my birthday, because it's on a long weekend in 2019. :)

Greets!
There are no facts, only interpretations. - F. Nietzsche
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

Solid report, SS. You didn't hit up Yanks or La Paz while in Zandvoort?

That cheese shop sounds amazing. I'll have to go there.