Assorted Memories Of A Different World

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
notsofasteddie

Re: Assorted Memories Of A Different World

Post by notsofasteddie »

HitTheNorth wrote: Tue 23rd Oct 2018 06:27 pm Test

If this works it should be me smoking in the Bluebird '06

It is!

notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

HitTheNorth wrote: Tue 23rd Oct 2018 06:32 pm
Meh. This one should be Rokerij on Singel

Wish I had more photos. Got more for the next 2 travelogues.
Looking forward to more photos -- a picture = 1,000 words!
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

notsofasteddie wrote: Fri 26th Oct 2018 04:38 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Tue 23rd Oct 2018 06:32 pm
Meh. This one should be Rokerij on Singel

Wish I had more photos. Got more for the next 2 travelogues.
Looking forward to more photos -- a picture = 1,000 words!
Thanks Eddie! I do have some more photos, including the overgrown bike. Just gotta blur the exes face out
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

HitTheNorth wrote: Thu 25th Oct 2018 08:10 pmThanks man. Yeah I wonder what the percentage is of Grasshopper being people first cs in the years it was open. It was just there, like a big green beacon, no map needed.
Fairly high I'd imagine. For every naive newbie it had a strong magnetic pull as soon as you exited Centraal and hit the Damrak.
HitTheNorth wrote: Thu 25th Oct 2018 08:10 pmPs like your sig. I know it's over. Great song, one of my favourites by them.
:thumbup: Your kung-fu is good :mrgreen: Ever heard the live version on Rank? It's heartbreaking :cry:
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

So if anyone can help please? I mentioned in this travelogue an Easter Island style head I'd seen and couldn't remember where, well I've found an image of it here https://www.discogs.com/Various-Music-F ... ase/245319

Any ideas hive mind?
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Rafiki wrote: Fri 30th Aug 2019 08:51 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Tue 23rd Oct 2018 05:11 pm[...]One random memory I have is of a big, brown kind of tribal face above a shop. Sort of square, not ornate, almost Easter Island-esque. I don't know whether if it was a cs, smart shop, bar or something else entirely. If anyone can shed any light on this I'd really love to know. And the places, the memories of places. We went in a cs a couple mornings, I seem to remember it was near like docks and it kind of jutted out the end of a block. It was fairly low rent but not shabby. Long and thin, lots of windows. Love to know what that place was, I thought it was out down Prinz Hendrikade past Central cs more east but on a later trip with R and C I dragged them looking for it until they begged me to go back. [...]
HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 30th Aug 2019 07:00 pm So if anyone can help please? I mentioned in this travelogue an Easter Island style head I'd seen and couldn't remember where, well I've found an image of it here https://www.discogs.com/Various-Music-F ... ase/245319

Any ideas hive mind?
Do you mean these Moai 🗿?

http://worth-a-journey.com/2012/05/moai ... amsterdam/

A coffeeshop that is on the other side and might be near to these Moai 🗿 could be Funny People (click me).

Here is a google view inclusive interior shots: https://goo.gl/maps/hrEXtutrcBuvC9o26
Thanks man but I'm afraid not. This head was on a wall above a shop. More 2D than a statue. Those Moai look cool though, never knew about those :)
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Nicely done, made for perfect lunchtime reading. Thanks much.

I remember the giant head you mentioned. I thought it might be Coffeeshop Free Adam but can’t find any corroborating evidence.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

titus wong wrote: Mon 9th Sep 2019 05:30 am Nicely done, made for perfect lunchtime reading. Thanks much.

I remember the giant head you mentioned. I thought it might be Coffeeshop Free Adam but can’t find any corroborating evidence.
Just found it. It was Free World on Marnixstraat. You were on the right lines with the Free part 👍
Comus

Post by Comus »

great post .... great memories .... such a shame that the mtv generation managed to fuck mokum up so thoroughly :(
I'm in shocks and stares