Took Problem Chimp To The Holy City

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
HitTheNorth

Took Problem Chimp To The Holy City

Post by HitTheNorth »

Christmastime. I'm ill. Really ill. I suffer from a condition called Cluster Headaches, it only happens every few years, but it's happening now. It's murder. The doctors are filling me full of tramadol and its fucking me up. Something has to give. I need a formal diagnosis so I can get proper medication so I bite the bullet and go private. The neurologist is great, he prescribes what I need in terms of pain relief. It's an injection, subcutaneous. I hate needles, never injected myself before. But it takes the pain away and that's all that matters. I'm off the tramadol but it's been a tough time. I'm drained.

At Christmas I came into some money. Not loads but it helped. With this in mind my partner, L, says to me, "You need a break. You need to get away and have some time doing something you love. Go to Amsterdam". How I love that girl.

I'd have happily gone solo, but L was a little nervous about that that. I messaged my mate, J. He's my mucker, we've lived together, we play in a band together. He's only been abroad once and it wasn't Dam, I didn't think he'd be able to get the time off work, but he swung it and two weeks later we were off.

Js gf at the time drove us to the airport. It was snowing. Loads of flights had been cancelled a couple days before. Then she missed the exit.

Panic.

Some frantic driving and we're at the terminal. Flight delayed. Only an hour. Up in the sky. Back down again. Passports, trains, you know the script...

Day 1

Out of Centraal station and that vista greets you. Hello again old friend. We make our way to grab a days tram pass and on the way out J finds a bag of weed. He's delighted and I'm really happy it's like his first experience in the city. Turns out its utter shite and we bin it later but hey ho, it was a good moment. First up, smokes. I'm not leaving this place so late this time so first up is a fave from my last visit.

Voyagers

A natural destination for the incoming stoner and I thought the quality and service would be a nice first cs for J. We purchased 1g each of Sour Casey, Sour Pink Grapefruit and Lemon Bubble, grabbed some drinks and a grinder and hit the smoke room. There's a couple of departing tourists smoking their farewell spliff. The table we sit at has been left a right mess, baccy everywhere, empty drinks cans etc, wish people would tidy up after themselves, it's basic respect in my book. I clear the table and bin the rubbish. Altruism comes easy in Amsterdam.

J loved the Lemon Bubble and I was a fan of the Sour Casey. All reasonably priced I seem to remember but no notes on that. Knocked one together for the walk to the tram, quick sortie into Albert Hein and down to Prinzengracht to check in.

Hotel Mozart, nice enough, modern, simple. Non smoking but I like to be out and about anyway. Clean. Quick freshen up, we'd been to AH so had a beer, skin one for journey and out.

Now, we both like beer and J wanted to try some Dutch and Belgian beers so we stopped off here and there over the evening. Sinatra bar on Spui, always makes me smile. Cafe belgique with J drinking Kwaaks not realising they are strong and is it the Beer Emporium on Neiewsijdz? Correct if I'm wrong. Anyway I mention these now as I'm not sure of when and what order they happened.

We strolled through the RLD, J was a bit of a one in his day and I try to tempt him, "If you see a blue light, that means it's happy hour", he doesn't bite and is saved countless retellings of a tale in the pubs back home. Onwards to Neiewmarkt and I stopped by Green Place for a buy n fly of Silver Bubble, which was most enjoyable for €10 I think.

We also stopped by an old favourite of mine in Tweede Kamer. I've always liked this place and didn't visit on my last trip. Good to be back after some twelve years!

We shared some laughs with the very friendly, tall budtender. Picked up a g each of Blue Headband, LA Con and 24K Block Hash. Buy and fly. I think after here J buys an enormous slab of cheesecake, it looks too much for me so I have a waffle. Hit some bars up, Belgique, maybe Batavia too. Chipsy King. Sausage and hot sauce, whatever it's called, just the ticket! At some point we ended up in a cs I'd been eager to try but didn't get round to on my last trip

Utopia

Completely empty when we got there. Friendly budtender, Imran maybe, showed us a few. J went for Orange Cognac, I opted for Cheese Cookies. J borrowed a rather shabby looking pipe from Imran and we got the window seat to smoke up some. This was a decent opportunity to get through a bit of what we'd picked up and in the end we ended up pretty stoned. I wasn't convinced by the Cheese Cookies, it was a very nice looking bud and did the job but lacked flavour for me. I'm not saying it was bad just thought it'd be a little more pungent. We both enjoyed the Orange Cognac, it was probably Js favourite of the trip. Smoked some of the LA Con which was good, can't remember much although I enjoyed it, the 24K hash was really orangey, the strain was a stand out for me last time and I enjoyed the block version very much too. A few people came in while we were there. Nice place, bit sparse, but the bt was nice and the wares decent. Wish I'd have got to it last time. And now it's gone.

J wants a beer so we head out. It's raining. Think it was beer emporium at this point. Memory a little sketchy now but we ended up back at hotel. I got one of my heads and as I only had limited injections I decided to try the Blue Headband as I heard Headband strains are good for migraines, even though my headaches aren't migraine. Stoner logic. Skin one up and wander around outside, no medicinal effect from the weed, it stinks though haha. I ride this one out until it's goes after 45 mins or so. Head back to the room. I'd forgotten how much J snores. Wow. Eventually I sleep.

Nuggz

Re: Took Problem Chimp To The Holy City

Post by Nuggz »

HitTheNorth wrote: Mon 5th Nov 2018 05:38 pm Christmastime. I'm ill. Really ill. I suffer from a condition called Cluster Headaches, it only happens every few years, but it's happening now. It's murder. The doctors are filling me full of tramadol and its fucking me up. Something has to give. I need a formal diagnosis so I can get proper medication so I bite the bullet and go private. The neurologist is great, he prescribes what I need in terms of pain relief. It's an injection, subcutaneous. I hate needles, never injected myself before. But it takes the pain away and that's all that matters. I'm off the tramadol but it's been a tough time. I'm drained.

At Christmas I came into some money. Not loads but it helped. With this in mind my partner, L, says to me, "You need a break. You need to get away and have some time doing something you love. Go to Amsterdam". How I love that girl.

I'd have happily gone solo, but L was a little nervous about that that. I messaged my mate, J. He's my mucker, we've lived together, we play in a band together. He's only been abroad once and it wasn't Dam, I didn't think he'd be able to get the time off work, but he swung it and two weeks later we were off.

Js gf at the time drove us to the airport. It was snowing. Loads of flights had been cancelled a couple days before. Then she missed the exit.

Panic.

Some frantic driving and we're at the terminal. Flight delayed. Only an hour. Up in the sky. Back down again. Passports, trains, you know the script...

Day 1

Out of Centraal station and that vista greets you. Hello again old friend. We make our way to grab a days tram pass and on the way out J finds a bag of weed. He's delighted and I'm really happy it's like his first experience in the city. Turns out its utter shite and we bin it later but hey ho, it was a good moment. First up, smokes. I'm not leaving this place so late this time so first up is a fave from my last visit.

Voyagers

A natural destination for the incoming stoner and I thought the quality and service would be a nice first cs for J. We purchased 1g each of Sour Casey, Sour Pink Grapefruit and Lemon Bubble, grabbed some drinks and a grinder and hit the smoke room. There's a couple of departing tourists smoking their farewell spliff. The table we sit at has been left a right mess, baccy everywhere, empty drinks cans etc, wish people would tidy up after themselves, it's basic respect in my book. I clear the table and bin the rubbish. Altruism comes easy in Amsterdam.

J loved the Lemon Bubble and I was a fan of the Sour Casey. All reasonably priced I seem to remember but no notes on that. Knocked one together for the walk to the tram, quick sortie into Albert Hein and down to Prinzengracht to check in.

Hotel Mozart, nice enough, modern, simple. Non smoking but I like to be out and about anyway. Clean. Quick freshen up, we'd been to AH so had a beer, skin one for journey and out.

Now, we both like beer and J wanted to try some Dutch and Belgian beers so we stopped off here and there over the evening. Sinatra bar on Spui, always makes me smile. Cafe belgique with J drinking Kwaaks not realising they are strong and is it the Beer Emporium on Neiewsijdz? Correct if I'm wrong. Anyway I mention these now as I'm not sure of when and what order they happened.

We strolled through the RLD, J was a bit of a one in his day and I try to tempt him, "If you see a blue light, that means it's happy hour", he doesn't bite and is saved countless retellings of a tale in the pubs back home. Onwards to Neiewmarkt and I stopped by Green Place for a buy n fly of Silver Bubble, which was most enjoyable for €10 I think.

We also stopped by an old favourite of mine in Tweede Kamer. I've always liked this place and didn't visit on my last trip. Good to be back after some twelve years!

We shared some laughs with the very friendly, tall budtender. Picked up a g each of Blue Headband, LA Con and 24K Block Hash. Buy and fly. I think after here J buys an enormous slab of cheesecake, it looks too much for me so I have a waffle. Hit some bars up, Belgique, maybe Batavia too. Chipsy King. Sausage and hot sauce, whatever it's called, just the ticket! At some point we ended up in a cs I'd been eager to try but didn't get round to on my last trip

Utopia

Completely empty when we got there. Friendly budtender, Imran maybe, showed us a few. J went for Orange Cognac, I opted for Cheese Cookies. J borrowed a rather shabby looking pipe from Imran and we got the window seat to smoke up some. This was a decent opportunity to get through a bit of what we'd picked up and in the end we ended up pretty stoned. I wasn't convinced by the Cheese Cookies, it was a very nice looking bud and did the job but lacked flavour for me. I'm not saying it was bad just thought it'd be a little more pungent. We both enjoyed the Orange Cognac, it was probably Js favourite of the trip. Smoked some of the LA Con which was good, can't remember much although I enjoyed it, the 24K hash was really orangey, the strain was a stand out for me last time and I enjoyed the block version very much too. A few people came in while we were there. Nice place, bit sparse, but the bt was nice and the wares decent. Wish I'd have got to it last time. And now it's gone.

J wants a beer so we head out. It's raining. Think it was beer emporium at this point. Memory a little sketchy now but we ended up back at hotel. I got one of my heads and as I only had limited injections I decided to try the Blue Headband as I heard Headband strains are good for migraines, even though my headaches aren't migraine. Stoner logic. Skin one up and wander around outside, no medicinal effect from the weed, it stinks though haha. I ride this one out until it's goes after 45 mins or so. Head back to the room. I'd forgotten how much J snores. Wow. Eventually I sleep.
Nice write up. Semi-random aside, is it not cluster headaches which magic mushrooms (psilocybin) have been proven to be extremely effective in alleviating?

Just ask because since that along cannabis is tolerated here perhaps you could get two birds stoned at once?
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

@DLN yes I have heard that. Never even crossed my mind while I was there haha loads of em round our way too but it’s been a long time...
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

I know someone who swears by a bi-annual dose of psilocybin mushrooms efficacy at preventing his cluster headaches from starting,and he is part of a community that says the same. If you don't like tripping take microdoses. Hope it works.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Day 2

J doesn't smoke as much as me. He wants a lie in. He's feeling a little delicate and due to his work, isn't used to an early start. It's cool with me, I'm sure I can entertain myself for an hour. I tell him where I'll be and tell him not to waste the day stinking in his pit haha. Wake n bake on my mind, I head to somewhere I'd vowed to go back to after my previous visit.

Rookies

Great experience last time and I'd heard decent reviews of their Champagne Haze so I popped in. Empty. Coffee machine on blink. Ah well. Grab an OJ and g of Champagne. Very roomy establishment, I believe they've refurbed somewhat since this visit. Smoke a couple, nice morning smoke I thought. Crisp bud with an uplifting high. Not too fruity, more sherberty. J rocks up and we head out for coffee. Grab one at a cafe opposite the big public records building. Nothing spesh. Onwards.

Boerejongens Centre

Quick bnf of Green Crack. Friendly tender. Onwards.

Het Ballonnetje

Missed on last visit. I loved this place, it's friendly, arty vibe. Cool, older budtender. Everything he showed me looked fire. Went for the Kosher Kush. I should've bought more stuff here. Mistake. Sat upstairs and the waitress brought our drinks up those stairs for us. Nice hour or so up there, it's a really cool little mezzanine and our spot afforded a great view of all corners, we were right above the BTs counter so had a steady stream of visitors below us, I love people watching, especially in Amsterdam. Great shop. Will definitely be a first stop next time. Smoked up some GC and Kosher which were both agreeable with the Kosher edging it on my preference and the GC on Js.

We wandered around the Grachts and Jordaan, J telling me to slow down so he can take it all in. We had a booze in few places like Batavia and Hill St, which was packed, just enough room to stand and smoke a blunt. Also picked up some more Silver Bubble from Green Place. It's a bargain daytime strain that tastes nice and doesn't melt your face.

J needed a break and freshen up so we headed back to base. After some down time and a cheap pizza just off Leidseplein, we headed out for the evening. I'm a big Liverpool fan so I wanted to catch the game that night and heard Susies Saloon may be a good option. On the way up Prinzengract I called in Easy Times and got a g of Skywalker OG. Saw a guys weed fall out of his pocket as he got his phone or wallet out, made him aware and his smile was all the thanks I needed.

Up to Susies, good place. Enclosed smoking room full of locals, nice vibe. We popped in here a fair bit, they do happy hours too. Skywalker a real hit with me, very attractive bud, flush, cure and trim all good, did the job, thumbs up from me even if the price was a little eye watering at €16. The game itself was rubbish and then I got a headache, I decided to use one of my jabs but I didn't want to do it in the toilets of Susies, they are like saloon doors and I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea. So I drag J up to Batavia so I can do it in their nice, enclosed toilet. Feeling better, we have a beer and a smoke and then I decide to entice my Dam virgin mate in a mission.

I've got a second wind and I fancy trying the new Baba. It's about 11 by now and we're walking. He doesn't know how far it is and to be honest, neither do i! Off we go then.

His mate has told him the best cs in Amsterdam has fish in the floor. I obviously know where he's on about and assure him his mate is talking bubbles, however to satisfy him, on our way to Baba we head up H St and literally walk in and out, "Now you can tell your mate you've seen the fish, come on".

We get to Baba just before midnight, the staff are most welcoming. I grab a g each of Miss USA and White Widow. We sit down in the back and have a quick smoke. The Miss USA is a fine smoke. Some locals pop in. The guys need to close, but they seem impressed we've trekked out that far at that time of night. We have a chat, they seem a little concerned their new location will deter people from making the jaunt, I assure them that if they provide as good a welcome and standard of weed as we'd had, then the people would come. I much prefer this place to the old location, if you've not made it out there yet I recommend it, it's a shame there's not much else near it but, like many places in Amsterdam, it's not as far as you think. The staff kindly advise on transport home but I've got one rolled and I like walking, hope J does too.

We walk all the way back to Prinzengract. J is snoring within seconds. I get a head. I've already done one jab tonight so I decide to ride out the pain outside as fresh air helps. I'm in a doorway, in intense pain, don't want to be seen but I am. Lovely young Dutch guy asking if I'm ok, was genuinely concerned. Bless. I love how human this city is, he really didn't want to carry on his way until he was certain I was alright. Eventually feel better. Sleep
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

ACD forum REQUIRED READING.
Good god these are excellent. Please keep them coming :)

Edit. Oh and I very successfully use microdoses of psilocybin (0.2g) to effectively prevent migraine headaches (not the same thing as cluster I appreciate) if I catch the pain in the very early 'vision disturbance' stage. Give it a try. With such a small dose you'll feel nothing but alert and capable. It's my go-to 'pick-me-up' for cycling. Similar effects to Modafanil.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Thanks for the advice guys. J is currently microdosing for mood related malarkey and is up picking a fair bit atm. It’s liberty cap season in the uk. I may have to give this a go, maybe dry some out, it’s difficult as I don’t know when I’ll get another cluster. Hopefully years.

@OHM you’re too kind. Day 3 coming...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 9th Nov 2018 06:58 pm Thanks for the advice guys. J is currently microdosing for mood related malarkey and is up picking a fair bit atm. It’s liberty cap season in the uk. I may have to give this a go, maybe dry some out, it’s difficult as I don’t know when I’ll get another cluster. Hopefully years.

@OHM you’re too kind. Day 3 coming...
Seconding OHMF's words, reading Christmas time accounts always brings a vicarious feeling of "gezelligheid" to me. I hope you can find the comfort and remedy you need in the form of psylocibin. It is quite another wonder drug in many aspects I think. Looking forward to the third installment.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Day 3

Last day. I've broken J. To be honest he's been faulty for at least 24 hours. I'm up and at em. But he wants a lie in. A big one. Fine. I'm perfectly happy with this. It gives me opportunities and I am carpe-ing that fucking diem. Breakfast.

Rookies

Coffee machine is repaired. Got a gram of NLX for breakfast. Not as nice as the Champagne but it was fine for first thing and I needed my wits about me anyway. Grabbed the empty window seat and watched the world go by. Window seats are ace, as a tobacco user I tend to sit outside a fair bit but window seats are maybe better. I used to love whiling away the day in the upstairs window seats in Bluebird, seen some sights from there, but I digress. Saw the staff member who helped the stoned old couple last year, he confirmed they were OK in the end and we had a little chat. I really like this place, OK it's menu is fairly average with a wacky pricing structure, but it's comfortable, welcoming and the staff are cool. My other "local" on this trip was Easy Times and although they may have a more extensive menu and whatever else, for my preferences I much prefer the vibe at Rookies. Had a couple of coffees and joints and then rolled up one or two mixed with the WW from Baba and set off into the unknown regions. I've heard good things. Onwards.

DNA

An Amsterdam Genetics vendor, I took the walk out past Museumplein and found it most enjoyable. I'd never been to this part of town before but I'm glad I did. Nice open canals, bit posh in places. At one point there seemed to be a few cosmetic surgery clinics, don't know why this stuck in my mind. Anyway, I love a solitary walk and this was a good one, I was at one with myself and the city. Loved this walk. DNA was easy to find, I enjoyed the seemingly endless curve of Achileestraat (sp?). DNA is not as overly dispensary like as the Boerejongens chain but similar in many ways. Just a table for rolling as far as I could see. Friendly tender. I opted for the Oriental Kush as it was something I'd not seen anywhere else. Buy and fly and then the super short journey onwards.

De Kade

I like this place, so glad I got out to these gems. These last two trips I've wanted to explore a bit more and this mornings jaunt has given me that chance. A mainly locals shop with a welcoming vibe. Varied and interesting menu that the tender was happy to show me. I opted for a g each of Holy Grail Kush, recommended on this forum I believe and S5 Haze. Both were very reasonably priced at €11 and €9 respectively iirc. Another bnf although in retrospect I should've bought more and chilled for a while. There were a few heads in the back room already and it looked friendly, busier than I was expecting for the time of day - maybe 10 am. But I should crack on. Still need to wake J up. Smoke some of the WW and NLX mixes on the way back. No need for Google Maps, that's how easy the route is.

My walk back takes me through Museumplein. I take a few snaps including a selfie outside the Diamond Museum where I proposed to L, send that to her obviously. Just bimbled around here, smoked a joint, said Hi to the cops near the Iamsterdam sign, lovely morning. I felt so content.

Take few photos around Prinzengract to kill a little time. Just to clarify, when I say Prinzengracht I'm referring to the bottom part near Easy Times, our hotel was just a few doors up, it just occurred to me it's a long stretch and I've not been very clear.

Wakey wakey for Mr Flakey and we're off and out. I take it easy on him a bit and we take a fair walk so he can wake up some. Up to Marnixstraat. We pass la Tertulia on the way, I keep meaning to pop in here but we are heading elsewhere this morning.

1e Hulp

Enjoyed this place last time so thought I'd pop by again. New glass walled smoking area, not quite as welcoming but if that's how it has to be... Got a g of Super Orange Glue, it wasn't a stand out, but by this point it's getting harder to tell. It was pretty busy but we chilled a while and then headed out. Rain. For January we'd been pretty lucky. But it was raining now. Even so I couldn't resist the photo opportunity. At home, Js nickname is Monkey Boy. And we're on Marnixstraat. Rude not to. So a quick rainy snap in front of Funky Munkey and we're onwards.

We walked back to centrum via Rozengracht in the drizzle, maybe the Super Orange Glue hit a little harder than first thought as things get a little hazy here.

We must've had some beers in the afternoon. I dunno. I know we swung by Grey Area and I grabbed a g of Greyberry. Standard. Two people in front of me, I'm yet to experience one of these famous queues. I must've been quite stoned as I got J to hold the spliff I was smoking while I went in, as if it wasn't allowed or something. When I came out J was a tad flustered having just had a near miss with a "silent death machine", or bike as they are often known.

At some point we were in Susies and I got a head. I tried riding it out but I was clearly in pain, other punters noticed. A lovely Scots couple asked if I was OK and I explained my condition, bless her, the lady she gave me a pre roll, high CBD, but it had tobacco and she didn't use it. Nothing. I stood in the front doorway for a while gulping in air. In the end, I braved the saloon doors of the toilet and took a jab. Much better within minutes, I'd become to feel comfortable here. Good bar, good people.

We then went to Dampkring seeing as J hadn't been and well, it's an old haunt and the decor is interesting. I got a g of NYC Sister, smelled good in the tub and I'd not had a diesel in ages so yeah, it had a strong grapefruit taste but the effect was nothing special. We sat at a table with a guy who was obnoxious to say the least. Shame. No need for the way he was with us. I've never come across anyone so confrontational before in Mokum, it took me by surprise a little. We didn't rise to him. His problem. He's in a song now.

Evening is drawing in and we're wandering again. Jordaan area. We see Best Friends 2, now this is a place I've been intrigued by, we go in. BT doesn't seem interested, I grab a g of OG Kush, pre bagged, not great. Odd place. No one there except some huge Dutch guy with his shoes off and feet up. Dutch TV on with Dutch subtitles. Anyway cool, whatever, locals place, I'm sound with that, beats loads of loud tourists anyway. Weed wasn't great though and we didn't stay long.

We hole up in the batcave so I can smoke up. J is broken and is hardly partaking now. I'm smoking and trying to do some sketching in my pad but it's not really working. Around 11 I decide I want some more Sour Casey from Voyagers, the lights were on a moment ago, but now it's 3 minutes past and all is dark. Curse my memory, I knew this place shut earlier. Instead, I take the short walk to Het Gelderse and am pleased to see Shoreline on the menu. Bought and back to the batcave. Now I don't know much about Shoreline, good Shoreline but it was very tasty, not the strongest but the nugs were tinged with purple and the taste was unique. I was happy enough with the purchase. No seeds which I've heard can be an issue sometimes. The tender at Gelderse was also helpful, shop was quiet, seems to be a little "off radar" despite being pretty central - I've heard little, good or bad, about this place. To me it was fine, nice tender, no gimmicks, it's somewhere I can see myself returning to try other wares.

At the batcave that night I smoked my way through the stash I had left. Unfortunately, I can't remember much about the Oriental Kush from DNA, it had a taste I couldn't quite put my finger on at the time and now, well, the mist has cleared but the fog remains. The S5 Haze from de Kade cut through everything all day though. I was so impressed by that strain, superb. That one I can remember. Best value of the trip, hands down.

One last shaorma from the local on Leidsestraat on our way home, we generally had one every night, nice and easy.

Early start in the morning, rolled a joint of bits for the walk to central and a fatty of NYC Sister for the airport. Back to Blighty. We've got a gig tonight...

In summary, again pleased to visit new places. Muchly thanks to recommendations on here. Het Ballonntje is my kind of place and I want to devote more time to this cs on my next trip. Baba also really good and my trip out to DNA and de Kade was so worth it, there's bargains to be had in them there suburbs. Good to hit up Tweede Kamer again as well. Batavia continues to be a top place to drink and sesh. Regrets, not getting out to the East, the Stud etc next time. Still not tried a volcano and I'm forty fucking three! Should try more hash too, but then I always say that. Should take more photos but, well, as above. Shame Utopia is no more as well but I'm glad I got a visit at least. One unexpected bonus has been a related creative output, song lyrics spring to mind but I've also embarked upon a series of coffeeshop illustrations, I've done about six or seven so far so I've a few more to do yet!

J was a good sidekick, he says fuck all at the best of times so I knew he wouldn't peck my head, he was also happy to be lead all over the shop, he's a good lad. He loved it. He said it's made him fall in love with weed again and he keeps talking about us going back. Good news. We were really lucky with the weather for January, seriously it was one of the most mild trips I've had. Again it struck me just how much things have changed. On my first visit we had some pusher follow us all the way from old Baba to top of Neiewsijdz via Prinz Hendrikade. Nothing like that now. Family friendly sex shops. I have fond memories of Amsterdam crazies wandering up Damstraat shouting word salads, it's so sanitised now. I do miss the edginess a bit, but only a bit. I'm glad I had the experiences of a madder Mokum though.

So a great time has been had, even if I was ill. It's been awesome to have two trips to Dam in relatively quick succession. I was amazed on my last trip how well I remembered my way around and this trip it was easier again, some things don't change, maybe I'll finally get round to hiring a bike next time. Definitely want to do more suburbs, you guys sure are invaluable especially when it comes to lesser known shops. Any good experience should leave you wanting more and I've still got an Amsterdam to do list. Which means I'll have to return. I mean, you can't leave things unfinished can you? The love affair is back on.
Devore

Post by Devore »

What a fantastic report. I'm off to mokum next weekend with a group of first timers so I'm noting down your Cs list.

Good work pal

Dev