Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt18 Feb 2019

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
pengaldinho

Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt18 Feb 2019

Post by pengaldinho »

After 2 years plus away I was finally back in my favourite city.

Coffeeshops:
Easy Times
1g Kosher Kush E16 – distinct kosher tang but the ash was slightly black
1g Tangie E16 – nice diesely nose, half translated to taste

Massawa
2g Royal E24 – darker and oilier, earthy and spicy notes.
2g Premier E20 - decent piece of hash, but was overshoweded but the El Guapo special and the Polm I got.

El Marssa
1g Super Marssa E12 – nice blonde classic

El Guapo – never been before but Crapulinski recommended it the review thread so I thought I'd check it out and was very happy I did. On the first visit the special and the GG#4 30micron were sold out and I was shown Tidghine, Champagne and few others which all looked decent but I wanted the top quality. Friendly service, although I did over hear the same guy up selling a few customers saying 'you only need 0.2g in a joint of the cali- its soo strong'.
Kandy Kush E14 – really nice modern maroc, not crazy gooey - full bouquet of pungent skunky sweetness.
Maroc Special E13 – the most unique classic maroc I tried this trip. Crystal clear 'balloon tied to your head' buzz. Fresh floral flavours.

Mr K – smelt the shoreline in Tweede Kamer– no shoreline smell, Johnny had it on the menu but was sold out, was orderless in Easy times. I tried to go to Green Place but the que was stupid. I had started to think I wouldn't find any -
Shoreline E13 – as soon as the dealer opened the jar BOOM! The smell hit me and I grabbed 2g. The instantly recognisable shoreline funk taste almost fully transferred to taste in joints and vape. My mate got some on the way out too.

Solo – went here twice, the Beachfront and the Headbanger looked and smelt lovely but I didn't have enough time to try them all and the older woman would do half grams.
1g Tangie Statik E15 – Looks unpressed when shown, but sticks together quickly. It was fairly strong and interesting smoke but I preferred the Kandy Kush.
1g High Rise Haze E12.50 – similar to the killer batches from De Graal years ago – fresh zingy lemony haze.

Went to Batavia and was hooked up with some cali and some Moroccan.
Fruit Gushers – like the zkittles/ Z cubed I get at home but a different variety/bag of sweets flavour. Yum Yum!
Candyland – earthy purple notes
Poptarts – sweet candy notes
Zkittles Cake - cant remember
Koolato –

Shoe and Polm

Food
Bilaldi – I almost look forward to my visit here as some of the coffeesshops. The Couscous royal with the mug of gravy hits the spot every time. I wanted to try some fish but in the end went for the lamb.
Lots of delicious ham and cheese croissants from Simon Meijssen
Had breakfast on morning at De Bazar on Albert Cuypstraat – an old church that now houses a Middle eastern restaurant. E19 for 2 gets a spread of fresh tasty bits. Recommended.
Warung Spang Makandra – I wanted to try some Surinamese food and this was close by – no where near the food level of Biladi but decent. The rendang was a bit dry but tasty and the mix plate with beef curry and satay chicken were yummy.
Loetje – buttery steak and chips. Always as good if not better than I remember it! They now have a pimped up version with chicken livers and bacon, the original is rich enough for me.

Other
I was confused buy the change in tram numbers and destinations -no more trams to Albert Cuypt,I got on multiple trams thinking I know where I was going only for it to go another direction I realised things had changed. The 5 shades of green on the map for the trams going south/west didn't help my stoned brain either.

Flevo Hall of Fame

Tangie Static rosin I pressed

Until next time.......Stay High ACD....

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nuggz

Re: Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt18 Feb 2019

Post by Nuggz »

Welcome back dude! Excellent write up + photo collection as always. Thanks for this, hope to see more in the near future!

Did you enjoy the Polm more than the Shoe? Also where is the Biladi you speak of, I think I googled it once but it looked as if there were two (seemingly unaffiliated) locations that came up on google, in Amsterdam - if my hazy memory serves in the least.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Cheers mate. Its the Biladi on Borgerstraat in the west, everything I have had there has been fresh and tasty.
Yeah the polm and shoe were lovely just like the last time I had them - first buttery sweet and second rich and piney.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

Very nice Pictures and good report. The Highrise Haze from Solo looks so pretty! The other pictures look so tasty too. :mrgreen:

I really look forward to try these out myself :D
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A quest for Amsterdam's diamonds a week before my trip are what dreams are made of Peng! :lol:

Brilliant pictures and write up mate 8)! Can't wait for the hash hunt now! I'll be checking out El Guapo and Solo so thanks for that :D

Was surprised there was no visit to Pieminister or Brootje Bert :lol:

Cheers mate! Glad to see you back Peng 8)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thanks for sharing 8)
Just curious to where the overpass is that has all that art :?: except for the city center all travel has been by train out of the city, have seen the art along the tracks :) but have never been able to just take it in. I live in a rural area not a lot of street art here :( but a real low cost of living :lol:

Now for a request, next time your there could you turn that camera of yours on the edibles, there seems to be a increase in quality :D
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

There he is! Sounds like a good time - thanks for the write up as ever good sir.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great photos and write up. Thank you.
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

awesome 8) i gotta get back over, miss them maroc hasjes
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

Thats a really nice thread to read and look at! Especially keeping in mind that I can sample some of that in less than a month :mrgreen:
Devore

Post by Devore »

Great Review as always, welcome back fella
macky

Post by macky »

Always nice....Miss your hash photos in what you smoking thread :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Great report as always :mrgreen: Nice to see you here again :D
macky wrote: Fri 3rd May 2019 06:11 pm Miss your hash photos in what you smoking thread
+1
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Thanks guys, nice to be back and see some familiar posters :mrgreen:
Avfc- Glad my report got your juices flowing, enjoy. Pieminister shut down and Bert was on the list of places to hit up but didn't make it.
Willjay - The graffiti "Hall of fame" is next to Flevopark and easily reached by tram, great place to wonder with a spliff when its not too windy! I did intend to take a few more pics of the food but was too stoned and hungry when it arrived! There are pics of the Biladi and Loetje in my previous reports.
As for my hash pics - I now put them up over on the ICmag forums https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21256 where there is lots of great pics and info.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Good to see you pengaldhino! Very nicely written.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.