Zandvoort. - lets see what the seaside brings

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
hulldj

Zandvoort. - lets see what the seaside brings

Post by hulldj »

4 days at the seaside and only 2 coffeeshops.. Lets see whats good at the beach,

Escape rooms booked for tomorrow, should be interesting whilst slightly impaired,.

Live.. Love... Laugh and dance more. Stay safe ACD
Willjay

Re: Zandvoort. - lets see what the seaside brings

Post by Willjay »

Did you escape yet :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

Willjay wrote: Sat 6th Jul 2019 06:18 am Did you escape yet :lol:
Lol, Nope, just adding photos to my trip report and posting soon.
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

The drive to Doncaster airport was smooth, the sun was shining and the roads nice and clear. 45 mins after leaving the house we arrive to find the carpark the wifey booked was the furthest away possible from the terminal. With her having mobility issues this was not a good start for her poor legs. Made me chuckle that there were also disabled spaces available but such a trek to the terminal, it took us a little while...

In hindsight, maybe I should have dropped her at the terminal then parked up.

We had booked assistance more so for Schiphol due to its size than Doncaster but we were assisted through and told which gate we had to wait. First on the plane and last off. Sorted.

The flight made good time and we are landing at Schiphol around 45 minutes later with a wheelchair waiting at the door. I have never been on one of the electric airport chariots but have always secretly been jealous when one scoots past full of travellers but today was my turn. Well our turn, but due to my inner selfishness, this ride was for me. “Please mind your step” is heard on occasion and I think to myself.. “I’m ok thanks” … We were swiftly transported through the airport hustle and bustle and with fresh feet dropped at the exit. Thank you, Airport Assist is a fantastic service and helped wifey out with care and attention at both ends.

Brother wanted some chocolate bar bringing back and I was told it was in a little shop to the right of arrivals. I looked but to no avail and promised to look again on the return.

Wifey had misplaced her Chipkart thing at home so we had to buy another This was so easy, Went to a machine, pressed the button for english then purchase anonymous card. 7.5e for the card and topped up with 40e. I had 30 e left on mine and the lad had 20e. All topped up to 40e. This transaction can be done with coins I believe but we used card. Time to head down the elevator to the trains.

We had a couple of choices, Amsterdam Central then direct to Zandvoort or Sloterdijk to Haarlem then Zandvoort. Opted for the latter and after hopping off and on some trains we are greeted with sunshine.

I was slightly concerned about wifey walking to the apartment and spent ages looking at renting some sort of scooter type thing but she said she would be ok with a slow walk. As luck would have it there was a taxi sat in the stand just waiting for us. Gave the driver directions and quickly realised this was not going to be the easiest way to our destination. A quick “We don’t need the scenic route just the entrance to the Circus would be great please” Our direction changed and within minutes we are at the easiest drop point for us. The driver was pleasant and when she realised that the way she was going would have been a longer walk to our apartment she apologised for going the other way. Don’t get me wrong, the route she would have taken went along the seafront and would have been about the same fair. The machine showed 5.20e, I gave her 10e and took the short walk to Yanks whilst wifey and the lad went round the corner for the keys.

I don’t remember coming into Yanks on recent trips here, previously stayed near La Paz/KeyWest/Hunters so only bought from there. Yanks had a big menu with three tenders serving. Staff I spoke to were happy and chatty with me whilst I made my choice.
20e each of the Bubblegum and Jack Herrer with a pure pre-roll for the little walk round. Edibles were served on a different counter of which two hash cakes were bought for I think 7.5e each.

Smoked the pre-roll, it was ok but had a huge long roach in it.

Apartment time.. It was a really short walk to the Contigo Restaurant, wifey had already collected the keys and was waiting patiently for me. Two flights of stairs up and we are greeted with a massive apartment, Kitchen, lounge, diner, bathroom with shower and seperate toilet, two bedrooms, the first with a four poster type bed, the second with two single beds and finally a balcony big enough for two chairs and an ashtray.

The views from the bedroom faced the active street below, perfect for watching people get on with their daily life. The balcony didn’t quite get the sea view but the big wheel looked awesome with its lights reflecting from the apartment windows all around and the rear entrance to the Circus amusements occasionally broke the tranquility.

Nipped downstairs for some fries and mayo for us and settled in for the evening. The lad went off playing on his Switch thingy and I set up the NowTV box. Wifi was strong with 30+meg down and 10+ up (for those interested). BBc iPlayer didn’t work but the rest did without fault, Thats always been a little problem when booking apartments, quite often the TV channels are not that good if you just fancy chilling in front of the box. Blacklist and Blindspot it was and arrangements made for tomorrow. The lad wandered into the living room around 10pm wanting to adventure out a little. Off we went, most places were shutting down for the night but the warm breeze and ambience of the lights shining in the distance set for a nice look around our surroundings. Found AH not far away, walked through the Circus, had ice cream and we were done for the night.

I awoke early, 7am ish, wake and bake on the sunshine filled balcony with a coffee. Perfect start to the day. Charged up the camera and promptly fell asleep until 10.. Showered and we all took a slow walk up the seafront to see if we could escape the ship. Stopping at Dirk for some fruit and biscuits for breakfast and make a mental note of what to buy on our way back.

The walk was pleasant and not as far as I thought from previous trips .

We arrive a little early and after a quick safety briefing we are dumped in a room on a ship with 60 minutes to escape…...

With 2 puzzles to complete our 60 minutes are up, all doors unlocked and we are fated to sadly fail another attempt at an Escape Room experience.

I think this is the fifth one we have failed to escape. Well worth giving it a go if you want to try something different. Works out at about 30e each. This is the second time we have been to the Zandvoort Escape Rooms but check out the Amsterdam ones or even one more local to your hometown.

Quick nip into Hunters, as it was just so close, picked up a couple of bags of something i forgot. Well, I took photos and posted on the new FB ACD and on checking today its all gone.
I’ve always liked Hunters when they were on the redlight and the staff here were as helpful and happy as always. Quick buy and fly then on to Dirk for some supplies and back to the apartment.

It’s hot but opening the windows and balcony doors soon cools the place down. Food is next and we decide to eat at the Contigo restaurant downstairs. It would be rude not to. Pizza was of a good size with plenty of topping. 40e for three meals and a couple of rounds of drinks wasn’t too pricey with a free small Tirumisu and espresso. Thank you. They were not too busy and seating outside was well covered with heating if needed, even on this hot day it was a pleasant temperature. Staff were chatty and helpful with no language problems as some have mentioned on TripAdvisor. Food was hot, tasty and didn’t take long to arrive. The beer was cold and refreshing.

Wifey went for a rest whilst the lad and I went for a beachfront walk. He wanted to go on the big wheel. 5e later and he is in car 20 taking photos from what seemed like miles in the sky.

Wednesday was a relaxed day, venturing out to top up at Yanks. 20e of Greasy Monkey?? and 20e of Skywalker OG.

The lad and I got on a train to Haarlem, just for a jolly around, with no plans and no maps we jump off the train and wander aimlessly. Passing a couple of coffeeshops on the way we come upon a large square with a huge church in the middle with cafes and bars on the edges. Photo time for the lad.

Feet were starting to grumble, heading back to the station we see a bus. Hopping on we are soon sat on the 11 minute train ride back to the beach.

We also ate downstairs again with again a good experience.

Check out was at 10am. I’ve hoovered, set the dishwasher off and emptied the bins, general tidy up stuff and left some coffee and filters for whoever stays next.

The flight home is at 6pm so we have a full day nearly to fill. Rotterdam and Miniworld is on the cards.

If you have never been this is a great way to spend a couple of hours. It’s a miniture Rotterdam with part of the UK downstairs. Take a camera, you won’t believe the detail in this project. Its a five minute slow walk from Rotterdam Central Station.

Airport bound we check the credit on our cards, top up to over 20e on each and jump on the airport train.

Quick smoke outside the doors and head over to assisted check-in.

Now this is always the bit that hurts my feet the most. That half hour walk to the gate. You know the one…. Furthest from anywhere!! Not this time. On the speedy wagon and we are soon through security and on the plane home.

Zandvoort is a cracking little seaside town with everything within walking distance. It has two coffeeshops, both with a decent size menu and plenty to do on a sunny summer stay.

Apartment details
https://tinyurl.com/yynnyyx8

Restaurant details
https://tinyurl.com/y3sssrv8

Escape Room Zandvoort

https://escaperoomzandvoort.nl/

Looking for something different to do @420? 4-100+ players
https://escaperoomzandvoort.nl/from-russia-with-love/

Thanks for taking the time to read my little blog.
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

macky

Post by macky »

Nice report :mrgreen: never spent much time out there ,maybe next trip.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

macky wrote: Sun 7th Jul 2019 08:39 pm Nice report :mrgreen: never spent much time out there ,maybe next trip.
Yanks have entered the Clouds Cups, that's your excuse to go gift wrapped for you 😁

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
macky

Post by macky »

. Romoney ? Instagram is like tweeter .you follower accounts e.g. like Clouds in the city ? Old guy ? I don,t even own a sell phone :D As for cup ,would only like to meet Simon from Serious Seeds if buddy from Devil harvest sets that up ....where heaven.....
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

macky wrote: Tue 9th Jul 2019 09:34 pm . Romoney ? Instagram is like tweeter .you follower accounts e.g. like Clouds in the city ? Old guy ? I don,t even own a sell phone :D As for cup ,would only like to meet Simon from Serious Seeds if buddy from Devil harvest sets that up ....where heaven.....
I recommend Instagram to all the international weed brethren, but not having a mobile is definitely a barrier to adoption 😁

Its like Twitter but with more pictures and less vitriol, most coffeeshops and Cannabis Clubs have accounts and many ACDers too 😀
Bring back Imelda Marcos!