Den Haag & Assorted Adventures

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
RoMoney

Den Haag & Assorted Adventures

Post by RoMoney »

Got an early morning flight to Schipol and I was on the 9:57am to Den Haag Centraal.

As I hauled my luggage from Den Haag central to the hotel, I could't help but notice how clean and well manicured the city was, it reminded me of the museum district and adjoining area around Vondelpark in Amsterdam.

I get to the hotel and ask if I can drop my bag even though I acknowledge it's too early to check in. To my surprise and delight they inform me they have a room ready. Yaaaaay. I check-in, drop the bags and am off on the 6 minute walk to Dizzy Duck. I get there and take some SSH and Black Domina and enquire about using the Volcano, they tell me it's fine, but they don't have a balloon, but thankfully I brought my own :) I get buzzed into the back, fire up the volcano and have my first bag of the trip. I stay there for a while and have a chat with a few of the locals about vaporizing and the Coffeeshop scene in Den Haag, they seem to be a friendly bunch.

From here I went walkies with the Pax to take in a bit of the city before hitting Greenhouse.

Here I bought some weed and was informed that they don't sell edibles. He also informed me that no shop in Den Haag sells them due to local regulations. I gasped as obviously I'm partial to a few edibles. I also couldn't go inside to chill as I didn't have ID on me and in the Greenhouse you need ID to enter the smoking room so I went to Cremers to be shown some dry weed so I just bought a grinder and went to the park.

I was in and out of Dizzy Duck several times that day puffing Volcano bags and my holiday was off to a great start!

Day 2

Got up bright and early and had some tangie in the Pax for breakfast before walking back to Den Haag Centraal and jumping on a train to Amsterdam.

I hadn't planned on going to Amsterdam at all on this trip but ACDs Papi was in town and I wanted to get some edibles. I got to Amsterdam Centraal and jumped on a tram to make a dissapointing trip to Boerejongens who had no red velvet cake so I got the only edible they had available

This was followed by a quick joint (my first of the trip) of terrible GG4 at Hunters before I went to Barneys Lounge and had some bags of milky vapor when they opened.

From there it was off for wake and bake at Het Balloonetje with Papi, although I was already baked at this stage :lol: got some Super Orange Glue and finally some Red Velvet Cake there :D I've said it a few times, they are the best place to get them, they are always in stock and always kept in the Fridge.

After here we went the Plug lounge and I got some of the much lauded chicken and waffles and ACDs Nugs joined us with his usual tool box of tricks.

From here I went to Nude Burger Club, after coming so far, it would have been rude not to and after a quick burger I was on the train back to Den Haag and more importantly back to the Volcano in Dizzy Duck where I closed out the evening with some Purple Mooncake.

Day 3

Up early and decided it was too hot to go to Delft or Westduinpark so I went to Haagse Bos (Hague Forest), Clingendael Park and Oostduinpark for the morning where I spent my time enjoying the sounds of nature and puffing joints. I can't recommend Clingendael enough, it's a really beautiful park.

In the afternoon I headed back into town for vape bags in Dizzy Duck and Greenhouse. In Greenhouse the bud tender was even a vape enthusiast and we chat a bit about optimum vaping temperatures.

That evening I made the 40 minute walk down south to Happy Smiles a Coffeeshop on the barge. Most of Den Haag feels very safe and really well manicured but the south has a bit of a different vibe. The coffeeshop is quite funny even if the weed is not good and it's a bit of a kip. There's something really Dutch about a barge on a canal, last one I was on was Missippi in Maastricht in 2010. I posted this on Instagram and a few people replied telling me I should go to Cultureboat in Utrecht, one for the future I think!

I went back to Greenhouse to close out the evening and chatted to a few guys who came from Rotterdam to get weed there. They told me they only go to Greenhouse and Dizzy Duck and the guy told me in Coffeeshops in Rotterdam if you speak English for sure they will try sell you some shit. Rotterdam remains on my list of places NOT to visit :lol:

Day 4

Up bright and early again puffing some Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse in the Pax and off to Den Haag Centraal for a
little adventure to Gouda, a name famous all over the world for cheese. I get there and load a fresh bowl in the Pax and
have a walk around, I do love small Dutch towns. I pop into Buy Bye Coffeeshop for a quick joint and marvel at the fact
that even a small town like Gouda has coffeeshops and the rest of us are still living in the dark ages of prohibition.

After my joint and a Pax reload I go for another stroll around the town before heading back to Den Haag for some vape bags in Dizzy Duck. It was 30C after the vape bags so I retreated to the hotel to chill.

That afternoon I was back in Den Haag Centraal and off to Leiden to finally visit High Society and puff some Shoreline. Locals
are friendly and one guy recommends the Orange Cookies and proceeds to roll a pure joint of it to share (as I decline the tobacco one
he offers me)

On the way home I stopped by De Mazzelaar for some Kosher Kush and a puff.

Day 5

Escher in the Palace is one thing a lot of people recommended, I seem to recall it was perhaps Willjay who was the first to mention it on here.
Well, while I've been to lots of museums and galleries over the years these days I find them a bit stuffy, but this was an amazing experience. It's really cool to see how forward thinking a lot of his work was, like stuff from 20s and 50s that looks ultra modern, it's like cubism meets geometrical patterns and some of the stuff looked like modern graffiti, really enjoyable experience, I will return when I'm back in Den Haag.

In the afternoon I went back to Leiden to get edibles as I forgot the previous day. The cookies were good value at 2 for €7.50, I also got some of the Orange Cookies I'd tried the day before, lovely stuff to vape, I vaped most of it in the Volcano back in Den Haag.

Day 6

My morning trip was an hour walk out to Westduin park which feels both both expansive and remote, neither words I would usually associate with the Netherlands. I found it to be quite a zen like place but it does require good weather to be enjoyable. I wandered around puffing joints and the Pax wondering why I'd never come to Den Haag before.

After a lovely morning wandering around the dunes and down to the beach I strolled back to the Greenhouse for more bags :)

After a shower and chilling in the hotel, it was back to Leiden. Got some more cookies and also the Brownie and Bonbon

Day 7

After breakfast bags in Greenhouse and some Double Tangie Banana in De Mazzelaar I spend most of the day strolling around or in Dizzy Duckpuffing bags before getting the train to Schipol with some cookies from High Society

This week was defo an amazing adventure, I think quality shops outside of Amsterdam are always fantastic places as you get more interaction with locals and staff which I think is something us cannabis tourists we tend to enjoy. I had loads of positive experiences throughout the week and had other small coffeeshops in other regions recommended to me so I've plenty of food for thought in terms of other trips outside of Amsterdam. I think one big factor which made this trip more enjoyable than my trip to Noord Brabant last year was the quality of the weed on this trip was much better.

I currently have no holiday pipeline which is a bit depressing, but big things are coming, stayed tuned ACD :)

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
KeyMonCha

Re: Den Haag & Assorted Adventures

Post by KeyMonCha »

They put Plantain on a Chicken Waffle???? .......Savages!!! :shock:

Cheers, Ro...

...Another trip out of my comfort zone, so it's much appreciated. Den Haag just seemed so built up, so i never really considered it as a holiday destination... Maybe i'll stay in Leiden next year and dip a toe in! 8)

...Anyway, thanks again, Ro!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

KeyMonCha wrote: Mon 1st Jul 2019 01:40 pm They put Plantain on a Chicken Waffle???? .......Savages!!! :shock:

Cheers, Ro...

...Another trip out of my comfort zone, so it's much appreciated. Den Haag just seemed so built up, so i never really considered it as a holiday destination... Maybe i'll stay in Leiden next year and dip a toe in! 8)

...Anyway, thanks again, Ro!
Defo worth a jaunt, didn't see a single stag party there :D

Leiden warning, coffeeshops don't open until 5pm! It's a really picturesque place though, it was like 15 mins on the train from Den Haag and the ticket was cheaper than from Schipol to Amsterdam Central, so if you stay in one it's easy to visit the other.

Thankfully it was banana and not plantain, not a massive fan of plantain though its good for you.
macky

Post by macky »

Very nice report :clap: :clap:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 1st Jul 2019 07:05 pm
Leiden warning, coffeeshops don't open until 5pm!
Right... So, after breakfast... Got ya!! :D

Cheers again, Ro... Out of interest, were you using a travel card, or were you just paying as needed?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

KeyMonCha wrote: Tue 2nd Jul 2019 12:24 pm
RoMoney wrote: Mon 1st Jul 2019 07:05 pm
Leiden warning, coffeeshops don't open until 5pm!
Right... So, after breakfast... Got ya!! :D

Cheers again, Ro... Out of interest, were you using a travel card, or were you just paying as needed?
Paying as I needed, though probably could've saved a few euros if I was more organised, but none of the fares were expensive.
kalima

Post by kalima »

great write up, always look forward to them. Glad you had a great time away
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Excellent report! I am actually starting to prefer Den Haag!
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Cracking read and photos romoney. Looks a nice city. Thank you x
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

kalima wrote: Tue 2nd Jul 2019 02:30 pm great write up, always look forward to them. Glad you had a great time away
Thank you man, hopefully see you over there sometime!
RedGecko58 wrote: Tue 2nd Jul 2019 07:09 pm Excellent report! I am actually starting to prefer Den Haag!
Cool, would be interested to hear about other peoples experiences there in terms of coffeeshops and parks, or other things to do, I did see the report with some of your previous buys. I'm not too adventureous with the coffeeshops I tend to try and stick to recommended ones (ACD recommendations or recommendations from trusted cannabis people on Instagram). Obviously there's always exceptions like when you're in Gouda and need a joint or you find a coffeeshop on a barge :) but life is too short and too expensive to be checking them all personally :mrgreen:
HitTheNorth wrote: Wed 3rd Jul 2019 08:33 pm Cracking read and photos romoney. Looks a nice city. Thank you x
Thanks, it definitely is, add it to your hit list.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Nice write u with some great pics RoMoney. Good to see reviews of coffee shops outside Amsterdam. I was under the false impression that the tourist pass came into effect. So may have to rethink 420 travel plans for 2020
Also known as Smouldering_Shamrock on intsa ;-)
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

"Cool, would be interested to hear about other peoples experiences there in terms of coffeeshops and parks, or other things to do, I did see the report with some of your previous buys. I'm not too adventureous with the coffeeshops I tend to try and stick to recommended ones (ACD recommendations or recommendations from trusted cannabis people on Instagram). Obviously there's always exceptions like when you're in Gouda and need a joint or you find a coffeeshop on a barge :) but life is too short and too expensive to be checking them all personally :mrgreen: "

Certainly, I have favourites either from nostalgia (Damkring) or quality (Boerejongens, Het Ballojnte), particularly in Amsterdam. When we visited the Hague there was much less information on what was good, same when we visited Apeldoorn and Arnhem. In Eindhoven we only visited the PINK and it was a quick buy and Fly. In the Hague, we enjoyed De Mazzelaar, although its kinda weird and not as coordinated as others. Dizzy duck was good, Cremers we visited but left it was too busy.

I would like to visit everywhere we have been again and visit a few more. On Sunday I am off to Amsterdam for a bit, but after that any Netherlands trips will be non-amsterdam for a while. As you say too little time or expense.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Rudiger wrote: Fri 5th Jul 2019 12:45 am Nice write u with some great pics RoMoney. Good to see reviews of coffee shops outside Amsterdam. I was under the false impression that the tourist pass came into effect. So may have to rethink 420 travel plans for 2020
Nah, its mosly gone....I think the only places worth visiting that it is still in effect are Breda and Maastricht.
RedGecko58 wrote: Fri 5th Jul 2019 03:23 pm I would like to visit everywhere we have been again and visit a few more. On Sunday I am off to Amsterdam for a bit, but after that any Netherlands trips will be non-amsterdam for a while. As you say too little time or expense.
I look forward to many reports so :)
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Awesome write up Ro. Really dig your off kilter pix. Made my lunchtime fly by. Cheers!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Thanks a lot! Great work! Always nice to read travelogues from outside of Amsterdam :mrgreen: :thumbup: