Softening the Crash... July09 p1/ Aug09 p3/ June10 p8 !PICS!

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
geekymonkey

Softening the Crash... July09 p1/ Aug09 p3/ June10 p8 !PICS!

Post by geekymonkey »

Rolled into central station around 2:30pm, and decided to walk to our hotel after checking most of our bags at the train station. We were hauling almost all of our belongings, because this trip was a brief trip, just for a few days before we moved permanently to an alpine European city. Our brains were pretty blown from the fatigue of selling, storing, and giving away everything we owned except for the 80 lbs of luggage that we left in lockers. I expected to be more freaked out, but the sun was shining and I was just coming back to my favorite city in the world after a grueling five years away.

Our hotel was located just a few blocks off the bustling Rembrandtsplein, and we headed straight there from the station. After getting showered and changing our grubby plane clothes we headed out at about 3:30pm. Our first stop was Barney’s Lounge, located just a few blocks off the square on a quiet canal. Modern, the décor favors wood and neutral colors, comfortable seating, several vaporizers, and cool tables with illuminated grass-cloth tops. Compact bar, 1-2 tenders working. Great menu. Tenders will show you the bud, let you smell it, and weigh and bag it in front of you. ?Irish? Fair-haired male tender. Asked what he was liking now, he recommended the Hawaiian Snow, 13E/g.

Hawaiian Snow smelled great and the pure sativa seemed great for our jet-lagged heads. Asked what else was good, and he showed us the Amnesia Haze, which I had been reading about and was fresh and delicious smelling (13E/g). I also asked him for a pure indica or heavy-indica recommendation for tonight when we wanted to sleep. He immediately pulled out the Red Dragon (13 E/g). 100% Bio/ organic, and it smelled like heaven in a pine forest. Fat emerald green dense nugs with red and gold hairs and bright white crystals along the stems and edges of the leaves. We grabbed a gram of each, and opted to head out, as the place was bustling and the seating was full (4pm on Friday 11/7).

Later in the trip we had great fresh mint tea and chocolate milkshakes and snagged a table in the back. Different male tender recommended the Laughing Buddha and the G-13 Haze. The Laughing Buddha looked like a strongly sativa dominant weed, and was a little low, so I opted for the G-13 Haze, which hit fresh and light, and smelled like lemon and lavender soap. It was good enough that I don’t remember the price. Great morning weed.

We dropped in a tourist shop to buy a glass piece and a lighter. Then we found a quiet bench and smoked a small bowl each of the Hawaiian Snow. The 100% sativa weed smelled like pineapples and pine and had a light, spicy taste. The high was clear, instant, energetic, positive, and very creative. It was a long, lean crystally sativa looking bud that actually left my fingers sticky and tasting like lemon candy. It had us smiling instantly and up walking to find a grocery store within 20 minutes. Great bud.

After we bought dinner provisions and started walking back towards our hotel, we found another secluded bench and broke out the Amnesia Haze (Barney’s Lounge 13 e/g, Amnesia 13e/g & 59e/5g) I think that I failed to mention before that it was an absolutely beautiful day, 70 degrees F and by now it was 6pm or so. The light was absolutely brilliant and the sky was crystal blue. The Amnesia Haze smelled like lemons, chocolate, and wet steel. It tasted surprisingly light, spicy, and with a flinty finish, like a good New Zealand or Californian Sauvignon Blanc. The blend looks and tastes sativa dominant. With dense powdery crystals on longer, thinner buds. This weed is extremely visual and horney. Any weed that has you fucking through the jet lag, hunger, and lack of sleep gets an A+ from me and the Mr. This was also great bud.

If we had been smart, we would have pushed on to Mellow Yellow that evening, but exhaustion and the promise of tasty snacks drove us back to the hotel. We laid out a killer picnic, and smoked some of the Hawaiian Snow and some of the Amnesia Haze until we were ready for bed. The Amnesia Haze is very sensual and great with food and music. The Hawaiian Snow seems to give an up boost that will even cut through a fairly dense stone.

We then hit the Red Dragon, (Barney’s 13e/g) Bio/ organic.

More later. We tried 16 in all.
Last edited by geekymonkey on Wed 7th Sep 2011 09:57 am, edited 9 times in total.

Boner

Post by Boner »

Nice report and nice pictures, cheers so far...
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Bernum

Post by Bernum »

ditto.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Yeah, great stuff, your pictures in particular are really good.
Looking forward to the rest.
Endure
cheese

Post by cheese »

nice quality pictures and awesome read so far!

have a great trip
' Smoke em if you got em '
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Thanks for the report and great pics too

:)
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nice 1,thanks
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

Thanks for the report and pic's!
Babylon 'wan tief mi 'erb. But mi bun it bfoe dey come.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

A 5 year hiatus! omg thats a long holiday,But yea you could do far worse than some of barneys products! i had some of the G-13 myself last time & it was alright,A little bit pricey but good 8).
Saynt

Post by Saynt »

Nice pics and nice report. Red Dragon looks good.
One Love!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Mmmmmm, Red Dragon... I would bath in a tub of those buds if it were socially acceptable.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Nice report... cheers
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

TwoCanucks wrote:Mmmmmm, Red Dragon... I would bath in a tub of those buds if it were socially acceptable.

Its acceptable here so bath away :D

Great report and the pics are very nice
skilth/karlos

Post by skilth/karlos »

Fantastic Read!!! Would be great if you could most some more pictures, Im tyring to show/tell the miss's how beautifull the city is and reading stories like this does wonders :P

Keep it coming :D
Im as bored as a midget in a theame park!
geekymonkey

Day 2

Post by geekymonkey »

Before going to bed we had hit the Red Dragon, (Barney’s 13e/g) Bio/ organic. (last picture above)

This weed looks like a cover-model and is a total stand-out. It is a bit harsher on the lungs than the other two (which produced no burn at all.) However, the burn is light, fades quickly, and seems to be the result of the THC rather than any chemicals. The smell is piney with just a whiff of skunk. My highest endorsement of this weed is that I have no memory of what it tastes like. It also gave us both the best 12 hours of sleep that we've had in years.

We didn’t make it to Mellow Yellow until late morning on Monday 13/7, but I'm going to tell you about it now because I really wish we had gone sooner. It is in a more commercial area of the city, but is well worth the trip. Hot chocolate with whipped cream made a tasty breakfast. The music was a fun assortment of rock, reggae, and classic rock and the crowd seemed to contain a good mix of ages, even some locals. Upstairs in the back are big wooden tables, padded benches along the walls (very comfortable!), and a foosball table. They sell an assortment of glass pipes and pieces, grinders, and other merchandise.

Mellow Yellow Maco Haze

Bought some absolutely spectacular Maco (mah-COH) Haze and some fun and affordable Blueberry. At 12.50e/g and 7.5e/g respectively, these were by far the best priced weeds of the trip, showed to us by a helpful male bud-tender. As you will see in the report, this trip was not about economy for us, and we bought weed with very little concern about price, however this shop was the stand0out budget option, with some of the finest haze of the trip regardless of price.

Mellow Yellow Blueberry *Best Buy of Trip*

Instead of sampling these fine weeds, we headed north in the morning towards Amnesia and Grey Area. On our way, we stopped by Abraxas. Located on a small alley, the outdoor seating looks like a fun place to chill on a sunny day. The shop also has a really cool atmosphere inside. The bud-tender sits behind a high glass display case with individual glass jars each holding a gram of every bud and hash they have for sale.

The tender was quick to recommend the Hazes, in particular the Neville's, Silver, and Amnesia, and gave us a smell of each. Since we had already tried the Amnesia Haze at Barney's, we opted for the Silver Haze (12.50e/g & 50e/4.5g). We also tried the Cheese (12.50e/g) because it smelled good, and a more indica-dominant cheese seemed like a nice pairing with the more sativa high of the silver haze. The bags were pre-weighed and pulled out a drawer. I really prefer when the weed is weighed in front of me and I see what I get, but this weed was fresh and the buds were large so I'm not complaining.

Barney's G-13 Haze (described in post 1)

We grabbed a bong, a mint tea and a juice from a separate beverage bar and headed up the wooden spiral staircase to find a spot to chill. There are several rooms upstairs, with a mix of communal and bar seating and a nice vibe. Neither weed was a standout. The silver haze had a light lemon-candy flavor and smell and a light silvery visual high. The cheese had a surprisingly sweet smell on top of a moderate cheese funk. It tasted really fun- oily in the mouth with a spicy taco aftertaste. It had a nice aural buzzy effect. I neglected to take pictures of either, probably because of the bong. While the bud was not my favorite, I do like this shop and the bud was fair.

We then headed out to Grey Area, where I new from recent buzz that I would find some special treats. It was really packed inside, so we chose to grab and go. We selected these with the help of a very friendly bud-tender:

Grey Area Cheisel

Grey Area Chocolope

Grey Area Equatorial Sativa

Smoke reports to follow. To be continued...