Belated 420 in October

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
AzLaker

Re: Belated 420 in October

Post by AzLaker »

matty223 wrote: Tue 30th Jun 2020 08:50 pm October is not looking good ,
Hang in there Matty, we still have almost 4 months to go. I’ve still got faith we’ll be there in October. If not.... then we’ll plan for April of 2021. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)

If you never do, you'll never know.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Well October is officially out,
April is a long time away.
Feburary maybe? Not sure hate to keep cancelling, well i still have the 650 delta voucher , so lets see what happens.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

matty223 wrote: Mon 6th Jul 2020 01:51 pm Well October is officially out,
April is a long time away.
Feburary maybe? Not sure hate to keep cancelling, well i still have the 650 delta voucher , so lets see what happens.
I'm still holding out for October. If our Country/States keep playing footsie with this sh*t, it may be a lot longer then we think. :shock: :evil:

AzLaker
8)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Well three months until 10/20/20 and who knows what’s going to happen. Right now I don’t think I can even go in my own back yard in this state :shock: :x . But fingers crossed, We’ll get this sh#t under control, and that in two months the EU will open their doors for the US. If not I guess I’m changing my flight again for another date . At least Delta is very understanding. Really would be nice to see a few ACD‘ers this October.

AzLaker
8)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

April 2021 hopefully
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

October is going to be a fun month with Jack Herer Cup returning.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

AudioKush wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 10:50 am October is going to be a fun month with Jack Herer Cup returning.
It will be, if, the U.S. gets their act together and the EU allows us in. :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AudioKush wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 10:50 am October is going to be a fun month with Jack Herer Cup returning.
When is this cup running man? will it be over the 20th October or is it other dates?

Is on the 10/10/20 taking over the Hard Rock Cafe.

@AzLaker Hopefully you will be able to still make it over for the belated 420 man, i managed to get someone to tag along with me, but they are not much of a smoker really, so may flake out :x
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 06:23 pm @AzLaker Hopefully you will be able to still make it over for the belated 420 man, i managed to get someone to tag along with me, but they are not much of a smoker really, so may flake out :x
Ghost, I'm still optimistic that the numbers in the U.S. will go down enough, that the EU will allow us in.
And if they do, it's going to be a Smokefest for 6 days!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 06:39 pm
Ghost wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 06:23 pm @AzLaker Hopefully you will be able to still make it over for the belated 420 man, i managed to get someone to tag along with me, but they are not much of a smoker really, so may flake out :x
Ghost, I'm still optimistic that the numbers in the U.S. will go down enough, that the EU will allow us in.

AzLaker
8)
Hope so man, still a couple months to go yet, so fingers/toes crossed for you :D 'SmokeFest' sounds like a plan to me :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 07:19 pm
AzLaker wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 06:39 pm

AzLaker
8)
Hope so man, still a couple months to go yet, so fingers/toes crossed for you :D 'SmokeFest' sounds like a plan to me :mrgreen:
Just had to keep this topic open....I'm optimistic that come October flights to Amsterdam will be open, but I'll admit, it's still a crap shoot. Just have to see if our country can get our numbers down and hold it steady.
Enough said. See everyone in October :?: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Trying to keep this post alive, but the way things are going in this world, my glass seems to be a little less then half full right now.
I'm still not giving up the ship. Still planning on going come October, I hope. :roll:
Just a waiting game. Hoping we can get our act together here in the U.S., so the EU let's us in. Now I've read, if you're from the UK, you'll be quarantined 14 days at home after you get back from the Netherlands. :evil: Now that sucks!! :x

Anybody else cancel their plans for October like a couple of folks and moved it to April 2021? Just want to get some feedback from those who've made plans for October 2020 and what are your thoughts. Thanks guys.

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Sorry to say I can't see Europe or America getting a grip anytime soon.

Over there you might just get some leadership that takes the situation seriously next January but even then it would take a while to get a new plan in place and making any difference. With the spread so out of control there, you might achieve herd immunity before then.

On this side of the pond it's a little better but still fairly chaotic.

Who knows what the next year has in store. Maybe a magic vaccine will appear and dig us out of this hole. Maybe we'll all just give up - if the virus is everywhere then it won't matter where we travel.

I'd love to be optimistic but realistically even next April must remain a bit doubtful.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 03:14 pm Trying to keep this post alive, but the way things are going in this world, my glass seems to be a little less then half full right now.
I'm still not giving up the ship. Still planning on going come October, I hope. :roll:
Just a waiting game. Hoping we can get our act together here in the U.S., so the EU let's us in. Now I've read, if you're from the UK, you'll be quarantined 14 days at home after you get back from the Netherlands. :evil: Now that sucks!! :x

Anybody else cancel their plans for October like a couple of folks and moved it to April 2021? Just want to get some feedback from those who've made plans for October 2020 and what are your thoughts. Thanks guys.

AzLaker
8)
Hey AZ, im out as you know, booked for april flight only as of now.

Matty
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 04:07 pm Sorry to say I can't see Europe or America getting a grip anytime soon.

Over there you might just get some leadership that takes the situation seriously next January but even then it would take a while to get a new plan in place and making any difference. With the spread so out of control there, you might achieve herd immunity before then.

On this side of the pond it's a little better but still fairly chaotic.

Who knows what the next year has in store. Maybe a magic vaccine will appear and dig us out of this hole. Maybe we'll all just give up - if the virus is everywhere then it won't matter where we travel.

I'd love to be optimistic but realistically even next April must remain a bit doubtful.
Very valid point on the first 2 paragraphs Lemming. It just seems like a country like ours would have some type of leadership at the top, but the POTUS want to blame everyone else for the problem, then leaves it up to each individual state to fend for themselves. :shock:
And the next person that becomes POTUS will have to deal with, what he leaves behind. :oops:
matty223 wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 04:54 pm
AzLaker wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 03:14 pm Trying to keep this post alive, but the way things are going in this world, my glass seems to be a little less then half full right now.

AzLaker
8)
Hey AZ, im out as you know, booked for april flight only as of now.

Matty
Hey Matty....yeah, you and the Macky's are out for October. Looking to see who's still holding out hope for October or changing plans to April 2021.

AzLaker
8)