The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2021

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
gapie

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2021

Post by gapie »

Lemming wrote: Sun 18th Apr 2021 02:13 pm I sent out a bunch of emails last night with the link for 4.20 on Tuesday.
If you haven't got one yet, just bung me an email and I'll send you the link by reply.

We should be celebrating Macky's birthday tonight. Happy birthday mate!
huh when how late where email me zoom

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Just so that everyone is on the same page, do we agree that there'll be no open broadcast of the link upfront and absolutely no recording, broadcasting, streaming or otherwise sharing of the content of the 420 zoom virtual meeting..?! I am afraid you can count us out otherwise...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yes, I was going to reiterate that too but you've done it for me.
Posting pictures of me or hanging them on your dartboard is fine but not of other members. Obviously that's why I've gone through all the faff of sending the link by email rather than just posting it here.

Hopefully everyone has the link now but, if not, just bung me an email.

I guess, unlike last year, most of us are familiar with Zoom now. If you haven't got it installed yet you'll need to do that. It works on most devices including phones, tablets, laptops, PCs and Macs but it's best on a big screen. You can choose 'speaker view', where the loudest person fills your screen, or 'gallery view' where everyone appears in little boxes.

It's worth doing some preparation and testing before the event to ensure that everything is working for you. In particular, it's good to find the 'rename' setting and change your on-screen name to the same as your name on the ACD forum. This may involve right-clicking your picture, clicking on the 3-dots symbol or something else depending on your device. If you can't find it maybe post here and see whether anyone with the same device can advise.

I use the same little Sony camera that I usually take to Amsterdam as a webcam and a separate microphone. This involves a bit of software and connecting via USB. The advantage is that it handles the low light here in ACD Towers. It's not necessary to do this though. Any webcam will do and if you're using a phone, tablet or laptop then you can use the built-in camera and microphone.

If your device is powerful enough to support virtual backgrounds then you can choose any picture to display behind you. Ideally the picture should be 1920 x 1080 pixels but anything will work. You can even use looping videos! A background of your favourite coffeeshop seems appropriate. For instance, you could take one of these: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Kuil_pics.html.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for clearing that up lems, and for going through all the faff of setting up :mrgreen: sorry if previous post came of a bit short, was written a bit in a hurry...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

No probs. I've specifically asked Gapie not to publish stuff but same applies to all, of course.

Those who were at the test meet please note that the link for that is now defunct. You'll need the new link for tomorrow.

The re-naming bit is especially worth the effort. Bear in mind that most of us haven't seen each other for at least two years so may not recognise you. If you appear in a box captioned as Dave Smith rather than the SuperStoner001 that we know you as then it's a bit confusing.

Please try to set it to your forum member name if possible. In case of difficulty, just ask.

Incidentally, there is a 'chat' facility within Zoom that allows you to type messages to all or specific participants. If everyone tries to talk at once then Zoom gets a bit confused. We can try to organise ourselves around that at the time. From past experience it starts off a bit chaotic and then settles down as everyone goes quiet as we get more stoned.

Let's see if we can stone the Internet at 4.20!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've sent emails to all of these:

Mackys
Copenhagens
RoMoney
Willjay
Smirks
Matty
Nugs
Papi
Choppermike
FBN
Ghost
AzLaker
Lafe
Trad
Comus
HullDJ
Drugsbunny
TransApennines
Ed the Head
Rob OG
OneHighMofo

I also tried Hestia and Kermit but their emails bounced.

If you can see any omissions or you haven't received your email, just shout.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

What about Stan The Man :mrgreen:
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yes, but we have to speak to him in emojis.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :angel: :clap: :crazy: :eh: :lolno: :problem: :shh: :shifty: :sick: :silent: :think: :thumbup: :wave: :wtf:

💫💥🍀🍁✨
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Lemming wrote: Mon 19th Apr 2021 08:56 pm Yes, but we have to speak to him in emojis.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :angel: :clap: :crazy: :eh: :lolno: :problem: :shh: :shifty: :sick: :silent: :think: :thumbup: :wave: :wtf:

💫💥🍀🍁✨
Fucking brilliant :-)
"Laif" with a long "a".
gapie

Post by gapie »

Lafe wrote: Tue 20th Apr 2021 04:10 am
Lemming wrote: Mon 19th Apr 2021 08:56 pm Yes, but we have to speak to him in emojis.

💫💥🍀🍁✨
Fucking brilliant :-)
mwhahahahaaaaa :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :think: :think: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :-D :-D :-o :-o :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink: :arrow: :arrow: :angel: :angel: :clap: :clap: trolololllzzzzz
here i am

Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Happy 4/20!

Mostly all set here at ACD Towers. I'll start the Zoom within the next hour or so.
yaasar

Post by yaasar »

Wishing everyone a very happy and safe 420!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

We're open!
gapie

Post by gapie »

wow 15 participants
gapie