Johnny J in Amsterdam November 25 - 29 -- TRIP IX

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Johnny J

Johnny J in Amsterdam November 25 - 29 -- TRIP IX

Post by Johnny J »

Hi Gang:

I will be in Amsterdam (and Haarlem) November 25 - 29.

Currently the game plan is (but subject to change) to try an ice-o-lator at one of the Willie Wortels in Haarlem (PP Ice?), the Cannabis Cup winner, the Grey Grains (nederhash) from Grey Area, and maybe one weed each from Barney's, Greenhouse and Dampkring / Tweede Kamer. I'll be Volcano vaping the weed, and using a bong on the nederhashes.

I will DEFINITELY NOT be buying a judge's pass to the Cannabis Cup. However, I will try to buy a pass for one day to the Expo at the Powerzone, and a pass to the awards ceremony at the Melkweg.

Yours Truly,

!!JoHnNy J!!

Colino

Post by Colino »

I was in Haarlem on July and I went to all three WW and I was very disappointed because I saw the menu on the site but they didn't have anything of what was in the list.They had only two weed,one hash and one ice.I tried all things and the quality was ok with cheap prices but not good choice
tuttiflutes

Post by tuttiflutes »

Last Year I had a very bad experience there..
Unfortunately I went to this particular CS with the wrong person and they used myself and my husband as a way to buy the maximum for 3 people(My Husband does not smoke)..I walked up to the counter was then turned away & was told "MY FRIEND" bought for me, already,come back in a 1/2 hour..WTF..It was paranoia central..We took that person to lunch..and as a stoopid fuck I went back and gave them my business...

I am a forgiving person and I now realize why I was treated like shit...
But I have no reason to ever go there when I get treated well everywhere else. The gear was NOTHING special..either.

Tutti
May you shit rise up & KISS you on the face
Johnny J

Post by Johnny J »

Thank you, Colino and Tuttiflutes, that was very helpful, and valuable too. Instead of wasting a few hours going to Haarlem and back, I'll just stay in Amsterdam ad try a coffeeshop there that I've never been to. Maybe I'll get the LA Confidential at Green Place in lieu of WW.

I was sitting on the fence about traveling out of Amsterdam for weed or hash, but thought I couldn't go wrong with an ice-o-lator. Last year the guys at Grey Area told me the quality of cannabis outside of Amsterdam dropped dramatically (although they considered Haarlem "part" of Amsterdam). What both of you are telling me rings true. The recent posts seemed to indicate everything was back to normal with Willie Wortels, but it seems they haven't gotten back up to speed since they were shut down.

If anyone else disagrees, and can recommend Willie Wortels, please let me know.

!!Johnny J!!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

A half day trip to Haarlem is worth it just for Birdy. The WWs have gone downhill. The only one of the three I visit anymore is Indica. Birdy on the other hand is an Excellent shop.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
tuttiflutes

Post by tuttiflutes »

I may want to check out Birdy..Namesake of a friend =)

Tutti
May you shit rise up & KISS you on the face
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Johnny J wrote:Thank you, Colino and Tuttiflutes, that was very helpful, and valuable too. Instead of wasting a few hours going to Haarlem and back, I'll just stay in Amsterdam ad try a coffeeshop there that I've never been to. Maybe I'll get the LA Confidential at Green Place in lieu of WW.

I was sitting on the fence about traveling out of Amsterdam for weed or hash, but thought I couldn't go wrong with an ice-o-lator. Last year the guys at Grey Area told me the quality of cannabis outside of Amsterdam dropped dramatically (although they considered Haarlem "part" of Amsterdam). What both of you are telling me rings true. The recent posts seemed to indicate everything was back to normal with Willie Wortels, but it seems they haven't gotten back up to speed since they were shut down.

!!Johnny J!!
please dont listen to the folks at grey area....heres a wall..its smarter :shock:
rockin into the night
Johnny J

Post by Johnny J »

USBONGLORD wrote:
Johnny J wrote:Thank you, Colino and Tuttiflutes, that was very helpful, and valuable too. Instead of wasting a few hours going to Haarlem and back, I'll just stay in Amsterdam ad try a coffeeshop there that I've never been to. Maybe I'll get the LA Confidential at Green Place in lieu of WW.

!!Johnny J!!
please dont listen to the folks at grey area....heres a wall..its smarter :shock:
You are right . . . I just take in information from all sources, process, and make up my own mind.

!!Johnny j!!