Boats to rent?

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
DenverDamDude

Boats to rent?

Post by DenverDamDude »

Just wondering if you guys know of a place that might do small boat tours? I'm talking one maybe that can fit no more than 8-10 people. I did the big boat tour last and want something, well, a little more intimate, maybe? Possibly even smoker friendly :mrgreen:

I'm quite scared of renting a paddle boat and venturing off by myself, even though that would probably be most craziness in Amsterdam. I would like to make back home though.

Any suggestions?

choppermike

Re: Boats to rent?

Post by choppermike »

Hired one of these last Sept. 90 euros i think for 2 hours - 4 on board + Weed and Beer ( had to stop for more beer ) . . Amazing.

http://www.mokumbootverhuur.nl/en/
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

DenverDamDude

Post by DenverDamDude »

Holy shit thank you very fucking much choppermike!!! Really bro from the bottom of my heart thank you!!! so cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) That's exactly what I was looking for! Only thing is it say's "sail yourself" and I never sailed a boat myself and really don't wanna be responsible for the boat in the Amsterdam Canal's :o :shock:

Ok update it say's you don't need experience or a license and the boats are easy to operate, so I'm going to stop being a pussy and do this shit!
Thanks again Mike and a trip report if I live :twisted:
theginjaninja

Post by theginjaninja »

That looks pretty cool.

Might try that the next time we go.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

DenverDamDude wrote:Holy shit thank you very fucking much choppermike!!! Really bro from the bottom of my heart thank you!!! so cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) That's exactly what I was looking for! Only thing is it say's "sail yourself" and I never sailed a boat myself and really don't wanna be responsible for the boat in the Amsterdam Canal's :o :shock:

Ok update it say's you don't need experience or a license and the boats are easy to operate, so I'm going to stop being a pussy and do this shit!
Thanks again Mike and a trip report if I live :twisted:
lol
i did it on one of the busiest days ever. Got hit by a tourist boat and I hit a houseboat with a guy doing repair work on it
(luckily i did not knock him into the canal) Oh and don't be fooled by lijnbaansgracht -- it gets so small that you can not get thru even with a little boat! : >

It was great fun!!!!! But i suggest looking at canal maps - even if you think you know the city - it's definitely different when you are on the water!
HighJackerrr

Post by HighJackerrr »

I second the suggestion for MokumBoot. I have rented from there on several occasions and always a great time.

HJ
__parky

Post by __parky »

Where is it you collect the boat from?

Can you just turn up on the day or do you have to prebook online?

Wouldn't mind doing this with my girlfriend in June!